Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 19:01   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,680
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
.
How about sending all Mahindra "frontal" (read brutal) designers to @josepeter for some training? Don't spare the ones who came up with that brilliant Walrus teeth!

LOL! I am a firm believer that unless you have taste for something like "aesthetic design" no amount of training will prove of much use. Also it is a bit late to consider your opinion now.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 23:27   #47
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Lovely black beast !

Congratulations on such an amazing machine.

Wow - I guess this is like the 'real' test of a Safari. Open highways, 1200 kms trips.

25k kms already.

If a vehicle can stand this AND keep you happy - then it really IS a good vehicle.

P.S. (My family too loves the Safari - like seriously LOVES - but never bought it because we really did not need a big car and had read a lot about maintenance issues)
My question is - when you bought this in Feb 2011 - were you aware about the XUV 500 coming in? Or the Force One? Or the Aria?

Any specific reason to jump on directly to the Safari ?

Thank you!

Congrats - really looks amazing. Wish you many many such happy journeys!
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 07:50   #48
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Lovely black beast !

Congratulations on such an amazing machine.

Wow - I guess this is like the 'real' test of a Safari. Open highways, 1200 kms trips.

25k kms already.

If a vehicle can stand this AND keep you happy - then it really IS a good vehicle.

P.S. (My family too loves the Safari - like seriously LOVES - but never bought it because we really did not need a big car and had read a lot about maintenance issues)
My question is - when you bought this in Feb 2011 - were you aware about the XUV 500 coming in? Or the Force One? Or the Aria?

Any specific reason to jump on directly to the Safari ?

Thank you!

Congrats - really looks amazing. Wish you many many such happy journeys!
Thanks Dr.

On a spec sheet Safari might not look like much! In fact i would be surprised if anyone chose the Safari just from such a comparison. I was aware of the new comers but, honestly didn't believe any of them would fit my bill. I don't need 7 seats for a start ( we have a joke here in office that Innova types are for guys with 2 wives and four children )! When I said the TD blew me away...It really did. The front seats are unbelievable - 1200 kms with only a couple of short breaks and without a sore back is testament. The ride is amazing, handling is not bad and the space inside is really something and the aircon(s) rock. I also loved the torquey engine thats tuned more for highways than traffic lights. And its got that amazing presence too...the design isn't flashy - nor is it bland - it is timeless. I was sold!
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 12:06   #49
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Thanks Dr.

On a spec sheet Safari might not look like much! In fact i would be surprised if anyone chose the Safari just from such a comparison. I was aware of the new comers but, honestly didn't believe any of them would fit my bill. I don't need 7 seats for a start ( we have a joke here in office that Innova types are for guys with 2 wives and four children )! When I said the TD blew me away...It really did. The front seats are unbelievable - 1200 kms with only a couple of short breaks and without a sore back is testament. The ride is amazing, handling is not bad and the space inside is really something and the aircon(s) rock. I also loved the torquey engine thats tuned more for highways than traffic lights. And its got that amazing presence too...the design isn't flashy - nor is it bland - it is timeless. I was sold!

LOL! - Nice joke about the Innova. Precisely the reason we din't opt for it.
We did not 'need' THAT much space.

One must learn to differentiate between their needs & their wants.

One of these days I MUST go & TD the new Safari.
You have some really high praises for the same!

Wow!

Nothing is more satisfying that a decision made from the heart with which the mind agrees to! Heartiest Congratulations once again.

& about your last statement - I guess all Tata Cars are made like that. They hate traffic lights - but LOVE highways.
Infact you start loving highways because of the car & the drive !

As for the design - truly it is timeless. Ideal. Right curves. Looking so nice. Always makes you love it. Nothing that you can really ever hate, but SO much to love !

Thank you for the reply.
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 00:15   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,394
Thanked: 658 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Very tastefully done. just some queries. Mesh grille and blackening of head lamps! was it done professionally or a DIY. it its the latter can you share the procedure for our members.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 01:31   #51
BHPian
 
raneeshvijayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
Posts: 78
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

I read your Safari is 4X2 - is it rear wheel drive or front wheel drive?

Thanks
Raneesh
raneeshvijayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 08:12   #52
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Very tastefully done. just some queries. Mesh grille and blackening of head lamps! was it done professionally or a DIY. it its the latter can you share the procedure for our members.
They were done by pros @ Ostler in Cochin.

@raneesh - its RWD.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 19:33   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,394
Thanked: 658 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Can you please post the close up of both (grille and head lamps) in high res.

Thanks so much.

PS: i know the last image is the close up. But it misses out on the turn indicator.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 22:11   #54
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Can you please post the close up of both (grille and head lamps) in high res.
.
The pics from my cam are like 4 MBs each, but when converted within the 1 MB limit I guess they lose their "high res". Wonder how you guys manage!
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 09:01   #55
BHPian
 
raneeshvijayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
Posts: 78
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Peter, open the pictures in Google Picassa and export it to a new directory with 1024 resolution. The size will reduced to 200-300kb and there wont be much drop in quality.
raneeshvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 04:36   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

I remember seeing your car's pic in the Safari pics thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2225582. Looks like you bought a black-grey Safari and painted the claddings black later. Why didn't you get an all black one earlier itself since you got a GX.

But seriously awesome mods!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 07:49   #57
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I remember seeing your car's pic in the Safari pics thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2225582. Looks like you bought a black-grey Safari and painted the claddings black later. Why didn't you get an all black one earlier itself since you got a GX.

But seriously awesome mods!
Safari GX comes in dual tones only; the black unfortunately comes with gold bumpers and claddings which is not to my taste. So i got the bumpers painted before delivery in a Medium grey ( from the LINEA palette); it looked different but much like an LX model with unpainted bumpers - so i got them done in black later.
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 08:55   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Where did you buy those Rallye 2000 from? I have searched all around Cbe and could not find?
Curious, was youe Safari done by Manu? I remember seeing a similar one there sometime back. But the Lights werent there.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 14:45   #59
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Where did you buy those Rallye 2000 from? I have searched all around Cbe and could not find?
Curious, was youe Safari done by Manu? I remember seeing a similar one there sometime back. But the Lights werent there.
Was lucky to get a pair from KL a few years back. The only chance is to find new "old" ones hiding away in someone's cupboard!

Yes Manu/Balu from Ostler did the grille and headlamps.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 22:10   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

One of the best Safari that I have seen in a long long time !! Kudos to you. Subtle yet making a statement !

Enjoy !!



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another weekend, yet another Hill Station - Yelagiri Mr.Boss Travelogues 7 2nd August 2014 23:02
Yet another Tata Nano trip : Phondaghat, Gaganbawda & Kaas silverado Travelogues 24 21st December 2013 14:03
Yet another modded Bolero! josepeter Modifications & Accessories 233 15th December 2013 14:23
OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video) GTO The International Automotive Scene 72 26th May 2007 14:09
Another crash, another fire, another death in Delhi suman Street Experiences 7 15th December 2006 15:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks