Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 23:28   #61
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Hi josepeter,
i have seen your machine wandering in hyderabad.i admire the killer looks of it.
meshing was perfect,liked it.
can you suggest me the part no of K&n for my ride?
here goes my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Tata Safari!-08072011058.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-16052011.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-08072011061.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-16052011001.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 19:04   #62
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Thats one killer Syed! I have seen the beast many times, lets meet and greet next time.

I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first. The Reliance autozone in Mehdipatnam has K&Ns for Safari in stock.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 13:01   #63
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Thats one killer Syed! I have seen the beast many times, lets meet and greet next time.

I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first. The Reliance autozone in Mehdipatnam has K&Ns for Safari in stock.
Sure jose we will meet up next time.most of the time i will be hanging in banjara hills area.so let me know, how shall we contact, through mail or phone.
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 14:34   #64
BHPian
 
Neil Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 258
Thanked: 400 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

And to quote Britney Spears
" Oops you did it again". Your ride rocks. And now the big question. How is TATA treating you these days compared to Mahindra. Or is it incomparable like totally different segments?
Neil Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 06:53   #65
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
And to quote Britney Spears
" Oops you did it again". Your ride rocks. And now the big question. How is TATA treating you these days compared to Mahindra. Or is it incomparable like totally different segments?
TATA guys are quite friendly and helpful...I just wish they had better skills in the bodyshop! ( the rest of it is easy, its mostly replacement )
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 07:23   #66
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,316 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first.
Guys, check the points made by Dr Pullockaran (hope name spelt right) in the thread on Fiesta tuning/modifications. He has suggested staying away from filters that use oil for cleaning.

Check your filters & compare with what Bosch offers. It will help if you clean your filters more often - say every month. Tap the dust out regularly. Will even help you extend life of the OE filter, apart from helping it filter better.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:05   #67
BHPian
 
jaguar.runs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

@josepeter - I am big fan of Safari and it is a dream vehicle for me to own in India.

I had seen your Bolero pics before and now the Safari. Wonderful transformation. You have made it more attractive! Great Job!
jaguar.runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 21:00   #68
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, check the points made by Dr Pullockaran (hope name spelt right) in the thread on Fiesta tuning/modifications. He has suggested staying away from filters that use oil for cleaning.

Check your filters & compare with what Bosch offers. It will help if you clean your filters more often - say every month. Tap the dust out regularly. Will even help you extend life of the OE filter, apart from helping it filter better.
Yes agree completely...Plan to stick with stock ones and will try and clean them every month

BTW what does BOSCH offer??
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 21:04   #69
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,316 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Bosch offers Stock Replacement filters & parts.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 00:02   #70
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

photos of my friends ride .hope we have done awesome photo shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Tata Safari!-5.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-1.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-2.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-3.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-4.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-338407_2490426656090_1115436677_32285249_495345027_o.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 10:03   #71
BHPian
 
Tazzy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Sweet is an understatement for this majestic beast, lurking in the jungle searching for its prey...(oh my the safari made me a writer).

Great pics my friend.
Tazzy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 11:54   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
They were done by pros @ Ostler in Cochin.

@raneesh - its RWD.
Jose , man i must say your ride looks killer .

Simple mods can give such a beautiful look to a cars, simply amazing .


Anyways i wanted to check , how much did they charge for getting the headlamps painted .


Cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 09:15   #73
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Jose , man i must say your ride looks killer .

Simple mods can give such a beautiful look to a cars, simply amazing .


Anyways i wanted to check , how much did they charge for getting the headlamps painted .


Cheers.
Thanks mate!

They charged 2k for the set.
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:13   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
The Spider ECU is quite new: I've driven some 1300 Kms so far; its on the second of 5 settings available- progressing from passive to undriveable. In the current setting; low-end torque is better, can drive one gear higher in almost all scenarios and there is a 1+ Kmpl increase in mileage. I plan to try K&N replacement filter to see if things can improve. ( it's never too much!)
Hi Josepeter,

Thats a very neat looking Safari. Very tastefully done.

Can you share more information about the Spider Tuning box in your Safari. Im planning a major modification for my 2.2 Safari 4x4 and am debating if I should go for a tuning box(one of the mods), now that my vehicle is be out of warranty in a month.

Few questions:
1. Are you still using the tuning box and how many Kms done so far with the tuning box in place?
2. Have you had, or are you facing any mechanical issues after installing the tuning box caused due to the tuning box ?
3. Any problems with the turbo, HP fuel lines, injectors, EGR valves, etc so far..?
4. Between 1&5, what setting do you use on the tuning box mostly?
5. Any negative comments or issues that you have about the tuning box or its application in the Safari?
6. Does anyone offer a ECU remap for the 2.2 Safari, and is it reliable and/or tested?

Regards,
Jay
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 13:12   #75
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Hi Josepeter,

Thats a very neat looking Safari. Very tastefully done.

Can you share more information about the Spider Tuning box in your Safari. Im planning a major modification for my 2.2 Safari 4x4 and am debating if I should go for a tuning box(one of the mods), now that my vehicle is be out of warranty in a month.

Few questions:
1. Are you still using the tuning box and how many Kms done so far with the tuning box in place?
2. Have you had, or are you facing any mechanical issues after installing the tuning box caused due to the tuning box ?
3. Any problems with the turbo, HP fuel lines, injectors, EGR valves, etc so far..?
4. Between 1&5, what setting do you use on the tuning box mostly?
5. Any negative comments or issues that you have about the tuning box or its application in the Safari?
6. Does anyone offer a ECU remap for the 2.2 Safari, and is it reliable and/or tested?

Regards,
Jay

1. Are you still using the tuning box and how many Kms done so far with the tuning box in place?

Yes; I have done ~ 10K with the box.

2. Have you had, or are you facing any mechanical issues after installing the tuning box caused due to the tuning box ?

None

3. Any problems with the turbo, HP fuel lines, injectors, EGR valves, etc so far..?
None

4. Between 1&5, what setting do you use on the tuning box mostly?

Im stuck to 2: Love the pick-up; lesser lag and mileage.

5. Any negative comments or issues that you have about the tuning box or its application in the Safari?

None

6. Does anyone offer a ECU remap for the 2.2 Safari, and is it reliable and/or tested?

RD offers a remap...heard its quite wild!


Also don't worry about warranty; you can detach the tuning box when you go in for service and they'll never find out!
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another weekend, yet another Hill Station - Yelagiri Mr.Boss Travelogues 7 2nd August 2014 23:02
Yet another Tata Nano trip : Phondaghat, Gaganbawda & Kaas silverado Travelogues 24 21st December 2013 14:03
Yet another modded Bolero! josepeter Modifications & Accessories 233 15th December 2013 14:23
OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video) GTO The International Automotive Scene 72 26th May 2007 14:09
Another crash, another fire, another death in Delhi suman Street Experiences 7 15th December 2006 15:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks