Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 14:08   #76
BHPian
 
five46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L-O-S-T!!
Posts: 422
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
photos of my friends ride .hope we have done awesome photo shoot.
Super lens work!
Tata might as well use it in their official website gallery.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 16:30   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

A K&N really doesnt help much in a turbodiesel
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-filters.html (K&N filters)
more discussion. Given the dust it lets through, i would recommend against it.
Air Filtration Test

I know there are remaps available for the safari, but have heard that delphi injectors etc are nearly not as robust as the bosch ones, and hence you wouldnt want to push them further. I mean you have a wonderfully reliable tata vehicle. Why push your luck
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 16:33   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
...
RD offers a remap...heard its quite wild!

Also don't worry about warranty; you can detach the tuning box when you go in for service and they'll never find out!
Thanks for your inputs.
Im not concerned about warranty. My EW expires end of March.
Also note the plug and play tuning box CAN be detected by the TASS well after its disconnected. Its very easy for them. Especially if there is a big warranty claim as in Injectors, engine warranty, then they go down to the last detail of the ECU investigation.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jay
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 17:43   #79
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Thanks for your inputs.
Im not concerned about warranty. My EW expires end of March.
Also note the plug and play tuning box CAN be detected by the TASS well after its disconnected. Its very easy for them. Especially if there is a big warranty claim as in Injectors, engine warranty, then they go down to the last detail of the ECU investigation.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jay
Not sure how TATA can detect the use of a tuning box if it has been removed! Here is what some tuning box manufacturers have to say:
  • Will my vehicle warranty be affected?

    A vehicle warranty cannot be made void by fitting an aftermarket product. If you are wary of fitting one of our systems to your vehicle in fear of the warranty being affected, don't be; the CHIP Express™ system cannot be found through diagnostic testing whilst fitted and if desired can easily be removed for dealer visits, leaving no trace that it was ever installed.
Petes:

Will the Tuning box show in the diagnostic equipment at the garage?
No, the Tuning box will not be detected during an original manufacturer’s diagnostics.




I believe the real benefit of a tuning box v/s a remap is the ability to be undetectable by the dealer when removed. Correct me if I'm wrong!
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 18:53   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Not sure how TATA can detect the use of a tuning box if it has been removed! Here is what some tuning box manufacturers have to say:
  • Will my vehicle warranty be affected?

    A vehicle warranty cannot be made void by fitting an aftermarket product. If you are wary of fitting one of our systems to your vehicle in fear of the warranty being affected, don't be; the CHIP Express™ system cannot be found through diagnostic testing whilst fitted and if desired can easily be removed for dealer visits, leaving no trace that it was ever installed.
Petes:

Will the Tuning box show in the diagnostic equipment at the garage?
No, the Tuning box will not be detected during an original manufacturer’s diagnostics.




I believe the real benefit of a tuning box v/s a remap is the ability to be undetectable by the dealer when removed. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Josepeter, I am honestly no expert and rely on advice from people who have experienced and experts etc.

I had heard from a technically sound friend 2 years ago that Remaps and tuning boxes could be detected by company scanners. That prevented me from going it for it, fearing a void warranty which I didnt want to risk with a Tata for 4 years.



Apart from that, have a look at the link below. I found out recently from here.
Hope this helps:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2649637 (Swift VDi Remapped)

Maybe you can verify with others too. Do let me know if its confirmed that it cant be detected.

Regards,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 19th February 2012 at 18:54.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 18:36   #81
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Guys!

Im just back in Hyderabad after 10 days on the road. Did a pretty enjoyable 5000 Kms round trip to Gangtok. The Safari was faultless.

Route : Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vishakapatnam-Bhubaneshwar-Calcutta-Siliguri-Darjeeling-Rangpo-Gangtok and back.
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 17:25   #82
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Guys!

Im just back in Hyderabad after 10 days on the road. Did a pretty enjoyable 5000 Kms round trip to Gangtok. The Safari was faultless.

Route : Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vishakapatnam-Bhubaneshwar-Calcutta-Siliguri-Darjeeling-Rangpo-Gangtok and back.
Wow! thats something! 500kms a day! Did you rest in between?

Do keep this thread updated
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 21:10   #83
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wow! thats something! 500kms a day! Did you rest in between?

Do keep this thread updated
It was an awesome trip jk! I have a detailed travelogue here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-gangtok.html (Yet another roadtrip - Hyderabad to Gangtok)

Did one more 5000 km trip from Hyderabad to Manali and back as part of our Himalayan Biking adventure. Have a thread for that too..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-ladakh.html (Yet another road trip - Motorcycling in Ladakh!)

I have done 72 K so far in under 2 years and here's my experience so far.

* The safari can do 1000 km days effortlessly.
* Cant think of a more comfortable cruiser at this price range.
* Performance with the Spider tuning box is phenomenal, can keep up with fast sedans on our highways
* There is no "perfect state" in a Safari. Something or the other always bothers you.
* Service is total crap.
* Yoko Geolandars are just phenomenal. Very grippy, can take severe beating, fantastic ride. Can run for another 20 K i think.
* Has been giving a steady 13 Kpl
* Braking is scary. Have learnt to avoid situations where panic braking might have to be done. I did speak to the inventor of CAT Brakes for SUVs and also test rode his Pajero with the system installed. Has unbelievable stopping power and brake control. But he is very skeptical about the braking system of the Safari coping up with the retro fitted actuation system.
josepeter is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 12:18   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
It was an awesome trip jk! I have a detailed travelogue here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-gangtok.html (Yet another roadtrip - Hyderabad to Gangtok)

Did one more 5000 km trip from Hyderabad to Manali and back as part of our Himalayan Biking adventure. Have a thread for that too..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-ladakh.html (Yet another road trip - Motorcycling in Ladakh!)

I have done 72 K so far in under 2 years and here's my experience so far.

* The safari can do 1000 km days effortlessly.
* Cant think of a more comfortable cruiser at this price range.
* Performance with the Spider tuning box is phenomenal, can keep up with fast sedans on our highways
* There is no "perfect state" in a Safari. Something or the other always bothers you.
* Service is total crap.
* Yoko Geolandars are just phenomenal. Very grippy, can take severe beating, fantastic ride. Can run for another 20 K i think.
* Has been giving a steady 13 Kpl
* Braking is scary. Have learnt to avoid situations where panic braking might have to be done. I did speak to the inventor of CAT Brakes for SUVs and also test rode his Pajero with the system installed. Has unbelievable stopping power and brake control. But he is very skeptical about the braking system of the Safari coping up with the retro fitted actuation system.
WOw! thats some crazy odo read. Good to know that all's well even with the tuning box.

TD the Storme! Got great brakes.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 09:58   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: pune
Posts: 130
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Wow josepeter! thats one hot looking SAFARI.i have been working on my safari and will be done in a couple of weeks time.its all cosmetic .will post the pics then.
The best part for me is your wire mesh grill...if i cant find anyone to do it here in pune ,will try to work on it myself. Thanks for the inspiration.
rosaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 15:35   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
It was an awesome trip jk! I have a detailed travelogue here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-gangtok.html (Yet another roadtrip - Hyderabad to Gangtok)

I did speak to the inventor of CAT Brakes for SUVs and also test rode his Pajero with the system installed. Has unbelievable stopping power and brake control. But he is very skeptical about the braking system of the Safari coping up with the retro fitted actuation system.
Got to know about this via a friend. Was asking 36k for doing on Xylo.

http://www.catbrakesindia.com/profile.php
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 15:45   #87
BHPian
 
jeeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 527 Times
Default Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Hey Jose,
If you are still around, your Safari has been featured in one of the top 10 best looking Safaris.
http://www.cartoq.com/in-images-10-m...a-safari-suvs/
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another weekend, yet another Hill Station - Yelagiri Mr.Boss Travelogues 7 2nd August 2014 23:02
Yet another Tata Nano trip : Phondaghat, Gaganbawda & Kaas silverado Travelogues 24 21st December 2013 14:03
Yet another modded Bolero! josepeter Modifications & Accessories 233 15th December 2013 14:23
OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video) GTO The International Automotive Scene 72 26th May 2007 14:09
Another crash, another fire, another death in Delhi suman Street Experiences 7 15th December 2006 15:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks