Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th March 2006, 08:22   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
With regards to coils there are the ones which are rectangular & the other cylndrical type which are like the normal one in the car. which are better, & what are the prices for the two types.
What changes in FE & power can one expect

Hi,

Am not sure of exact prices but they are both in the 3-4k range. You are not going to see any noticeable change in both. thogh the diff will be there.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 07:53   #17
BHPian

Definately as said would change the leads while changing the plugs. Of course if you have cash to do so then opt for performance leads. If not even change for a set of good leads would ok especially if your exisiting leads maybe a bit tired.

However may I also add that, upgrading the plugs and wires is NOT going to give you more horse power, but infact it reduces the LOST of horse power.

Although the Iridium works a treat especially if you drive it hard. The benefit of iridium is that they are more resist to the pollution to the plugs also withstand higher temperature then normal/ plantium plugs. And because of this you can argue that they can last longer too.
gary_yuen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 12:24   #18
BHPian

Waking up an old thread here.
My question is : Is it Necessary to add High performance Cables and plugs after installing MSD Blaster SS coil?
yogisays0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 18:25   #19
BHPian

Default Change of wiring for spark plugs.

I want to change from stock spark plugs to iridium one. But one thing is not clear to me that if I do this than is it necessary to change wiring also?

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th August 2011 at 18:38. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. thanks
tasuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 18:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Is It necessary to add new plug wire,ignition coil if adding new NGK Iridium Plug

Just for Iridium plugs i really dont think so, ie if the wires are in good shape. But if you are planning for high end after market coils also, then you might want to consider to upgrade the plugs.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 10:45   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Is It necessary to add new plug wire,ignition coil if adding new NGK Iridium Plug

I have changed the stock spark plugs to NGK Iridium Plugs (0.8) @Rs.625/= from MASS for my ALTO LXI. Vibrations and accelerations are slightly improved.
tasuray is offline   Reply With Quote