| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th March 2006, 13:37||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2005
I have been thinking of putting leather seat covers and door panels for my car. On looking at the options available, Stanley was recommended by lots of people (though most of them have only seen advertisements, not used their products). I contacted Stanley, and was told that their range would cost between 20 and 40 grand, depending on the type of leather that I chose. So I have a few questions.
1. Does anyone here know of any other manufacturer, who will cost less but give good quality stuff? I have seen advertisements by Saddles-is that available in Kerala, and is it any good
2. How long will leather seats last, with normal use?
3. Does it collect fungus and start to smell in the monsoon?
4. What maintenance (leather conditioner, shampoo etc) will you have to do on a regular basis, and what will it cost?
5. Finally, do you guys think that it is worth it?
|13th March 2006, 19:12||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2005
But leather has to be carefully maintained and you would definitely need good dark tints to protect the leather seats from the sun during hot summers.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)||Zenster||Bangalore||17||8th January 2014 11:03|
|Pensee Leathers: Leather and Art Leather Car upholstery||anujmishra||Bangalore||24||7th July 2013 12:49|
|Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai||bottle||Modifications & Accessories||185||4th August 2010 11:52|
|2007 Mahindra Scorpio SLX-CRDe-Leather upholstery-Bangalore (15k kms)||laven||Shifting gears||8||21st January 2008 15:16|
|Leather Seats, Trim and Upholstery||Ram||Modifications & Accessories||12||18th June 2007 16:53|