Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th March 2006, 13:37   #1
BHPian

Question Leather upholstery

Hi guys,
I have been thinking of putting leather seat covers and door panels for my car. On looking at the options available, Stanley was recommended by lots of people (though most of them have only seen advertisements, not used their products). I contacted Stanley, and was told that their range would cost between 20 and 40 grand, depending on the type of leather that I chose. So I have a few questions.
1. Does anyone here know of any other manufacturer, who will cost less but give good quality stuff? I have seen advertisements by Saddles-is that available in Kerala, and is it any good
2. How long will leather seats last, with normal use?
3. Does it collect fungus and start to smell in the monsoon?
4. What maintenance (leather conditioner, shampoo etc) will you have to do on a regular basis, and what will it cost?
5. Finally, do you guys think that it is worth it?
brainscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 19:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainscooper
Hi guys,
I have been thinking of putting leather seat covers and door panels for my car.............

Finally, do you guys think that it is worth it?
If it is stanley leather, then it is definitely worth it. The nappa leather is the one which costs 40K and it's just great. I think if money is not an issue you can go for Stanley without any problems.

But leather has to be carefully maintained and you would definitely need good dark tints to protect the leather seats from the sun during hot summers.
Neo. is offline   Reply With Quote