Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd December 2011, 19:17   #1
BHPian

Default Issues with Coilovers

This is a problem, I've been facing since I installed a set of coilovers on my car, I have hardly driven the car on an open road. Its been going from one garage to the other for fixes and mods.

The problem is that my steering does not center, to go dead straight my steering has to be a couple degrees to the left.

I've read up online, this could be an issue with the installation of the coilovers or somethings funny with my steering. I had a lot of stuff fixed by Honda s.s. which included some steering rack/column components.

Any idea on what could have gone wrong, would be greatly appreciated.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Issues with Coilovers

This is for your CRV if I'm not mistaken. Aman bro just get the alignment done and be sure to tell them the steering is off centre. It probably got messed while the coilovers were being installed, and is not because of the coilovers per se.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

What coilovers are they?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This is for your CRV if I'm not mistaken. Aman bro just get the alignment done and be sure to tell them the steering is off centre. It probably got messed while the coilovers were being installed, and is not because of the coilovers per se.
Yup it is. I know its not because of the coilovers. I got the alignment done at the company but I guess they might have missed out the part with the steering being off.

Where did you get your suspension done?
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Yup it is. I know its not because of the coilovers. I got the alignment done at the company but I guess they might have missed out the part with the steering being off.

Where did you get your suspension done?
Gave it to Viper performance, but still had to get alignment done after fitting. Finally got the steering back to centre from Honda itself. I think you should mention it to them otherwise they don't really check the car properly.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote