Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th April 2012, 23:29   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
The best and easiest way to fit a good macho looking projector on optra is to cut the upper edge of the shroud with matching contour of the reflector.

Dual angel eye shroud can also be cut perfectly for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
That is what is exactly going on (and not only top edge, but bottom one as well). Only, it is still too close a fit, so gotta take a lot of care.
My car will be thankfull to you guys if you can do something diff for this. Amit lets meet one day, ideally you can meet me in hinzewadi only.

Keyur - sorry not able to turn up on last saturday, have to rush to banglore for last minute work.
aditya@pune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 01:17   #77

Hey Amit,
Congratulations on the superbly done job. The fit is very much "OEM like". Please share the steps you took to ensure that you ordered the right sized projectors.

Hi Aditya,
I have an Optra. Where did you get the set-up done and how has been your experience post-modifications?
I see you have installed lights on the lower bumper grills, looks good, is there a noticeable increase in illumination of the road near the car front?
[not sure if the queries have been responded by you else were on the forum]
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 17:55   #78

Quote:
That is what is exactly going on (and not only top edge, but bottom one as well). Only, it is still too close a fit, so gotta take a lot of care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
My car will be thankfull to you guys if you can do something diff for this. Amit lets meet one day, ideally you can meet me in hinzewadi only.

Keyur - sorry not able to turn up on last saturday, have to rush to banglore for last minute work.
Hi Keyur, Aditya
Your endeavors for the projector lamps for the Magnum, have got me seriously excited as well.
I did google for magnum and international cars of the same lineage. Came across the this headlamp with integrated projectors. Keyur if you are still on to the headlamp mod, this may help. Not sure if this piece will fit the magnum.

OEM 07 10 Chevy Holden Lacetti 5D Head Lamp Assy L R | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-oemlacetti5dheadlamp.jpg  

Old 14th May 2012, 13:55   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
Hi Aditya,
I have an Optra. Where did you get the set-up done and how has been your experience post-modifications?
I see you have installed lights on the lower bumper grills, looks good, is there a noticeable increase in illumination of the road near the car front?
[not sure if the queries have been responded by you else were on the forum]
Hi Metal,
I got the light from Reliance autozone but the installation done by a company called electron performance. This is pune based company so they came to my house and done that free of cost. Reason being Projector was from their parent company genome ( i think). On this forum members had diff opinion about the costing but i was ok becasue i am not a DIY person and dont want to mess up the lights.If more details needed do let me know i can drop you mails. Yes the difference in light is really nice. The other light in lower grill is a Normal LED i am using that as a DRL.

In the pics you attached yes it looks good and also they made the ineteriors black. I was thinking of that but now don't want to reopen the assembly.

Last edited by aditya@pune : 14th May 2012 at 13:59.
aditya@pune is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 16:55   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Keyur, Aditya
Your endeavors for the projector lamps for the Magnum, have got me seriously excited as well.
I did google for magnum and international cars of the same lineage. Came across the this headlamp with integrated projectors. Keyur if you are still on to the headlamp mod, this may help. Not sure if this piece will fit the magnum.
Externally, the look is good, and it will fit the Magnum.
But we cannot be sure about the projector setup being used inside, the lens, shield, cutoff, output and then the bulbs and ballasts.
So I still prefer to get the parts independently. Am assured about the quality (of the projector - angel eyes and other stuff is secondary).

Anyways, my Magnum is already modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Hi Metal,
I got the light from Reliance autozone but the installation done by a company called electron performance. This is pune based company so they came to my house and done that free of cost. Reason being Projector was from their parent company genome ( i think). On this forum members had diff opinion about the costing but i was ok becasue i am not a DIY person and dont want to mess up the lights.If more details needed do let me know i can drop you mails. Yes the difference in light is really nice. The other light in lower grill is a Normal LED i am using that as a DRL.

In the pics you attached yes it looks good and also they made the ineteriors black. I was thinking of that but now don't want to reopen the assembly.
I would like to reiterate that Genome is selling at prices that are atleast twice that of what you should get it in India after shipping and customs!

By the way, here are the dual angel shrouds, with a aquamarine blue (subdued) demon eye effect in my Magnum!

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-20120504-10.12.59.jpg

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-20120504-10.13.30.jpg
keyur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 22:05   #81

Quote:

Anyways, my Magnum is already modded.

I would like to reiterate that Genome is selling at prices that are atleast twice that of what you should get it in India after shipping and customs!

By the way, here are the dual angel shrouds, with a aquamarine blue (subdued) demon eye effect in my Magnum!
Thanks for sharing the pics, the fit looks very good.

Kindly share the costs involved and where were the projectors sourced from?
Was this a DIY as well, what tools, equipment were required?

I read somewhere, yours is a LS. In a pic saw fog lamps installed. Did you have to install an additional button? What was the total cost involved?

Too many questions, mine is a Magnum LS, the car needs better lights.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pics, the fit looks very good.

Kindly share the costs involved and where were the projectors sourced from?
Was this a DIY as well, what tools, equipment were required?

I read somewhere, yours is a LS. In a pic saw fog lamps installed. Did you have to install an additional button? What was the total cost involved?

Too many questions, mine is a Magnum LS, the car needs better lights.
My Magnum LS came with Fog lamps - I am surprised yours did not!!
The projectors that I have are Morimotos H1s. I have sourced the shrouds, ballasts and bulbs separately.
This was a DIY ( will be opening it again soon for some more mods)
keyur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 14:21   #83
BHPian

Thumbs up Morimoto projectors + (Red) Demon eyes + (Blue) Angel Eyes et al for FTA Linea

Finally I took the plunge. After 3 years of contemplating on the subject, I finally decided that I have had enough of inconclusiveness & that I had to bring in some spark in my Linea.

Well, so here it is. Researched for a month, checked out every possible automobile forum, painstakingly read through all posts, just to add more to the already confused brain. But the final stroke of luck came on the eve of Independence Day when I accidentally bumped into "RetroRides".

Well, details later, I will let everyone have a glimpse of my new look Linea. Enjoy !!!

More updates to follow in a couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0131.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-fxcam_1345097766097.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0127.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0193.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0168.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0165.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0170.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0211.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-imag0209.jpg  

forbhaskarm is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 15:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Morimoto projectors + (Red) Demon eyes + (Blue) Angel Eyes et al for FTA Linea

Nice upgrades - how much did it cost you?
Is it poosible to use these lamps on the standard wiring or did you have to update the wiring kit also?
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 15:59   #85
BHPian

Default Re: Morimoto projectors + (Red) Demon eyes + (Blue) Angel Eyes et al for FTA Linea

How much did it cost you and what all did you go for in the kit.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 20:30   #86
BHPian

Looking good there! Is it an all-HID setup? Can the headlamp cluster accomodate two projectors?
97_Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 16:01   #87
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!

Amit_mechengg,

Looks like someone stole your pics:

http://eshop.ktautopart.com/gallery/...-DA-Fiat-Linea

I hope its your own post though... the team-bhp watermarks are absent.
autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 08:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi I am planning a lighting upgrade on my kizashi and I am totally clueless about how this goes I thought I'd buy hella e55 projectors and philips ultravision bulbs but then I got a glimpse of the aftermarket headlight scene and I am hooked to the idea of having demon eyes just not sure whether it would look good in a non-black housing on a silver car :/ would you be able to post or pm some pics of your lights in action some time in the late evening? I would really appreciate it along with any advice you might have for me
IshaanIan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 09:20   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hi I am planning a lighting upgrade on my kizashi and I am totally clueless about how this goes I thought I'd buy hella e55 projectors and philips ultravision
If I'm correct, Kizashi comes with projectors right then why do you want to get new projectors? Get a good set of HID's for these projectors preferably 4300k HIDs.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 09:43   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

If I'm correct, Kizashi comes with projectors right then why do you want to get new projectors? Get a good set of HID's for these projectors preferably 4300k HIDs.
Yup the ultravisions are 4300k to my knowledge and yes the kizashi does come with projectors but I wanted some bi-xenons
IshaanIan is online now   Reply With Quote