Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 10:12   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

Hi,

Is it possible to add a rear view camera on the BMW 320d Dynamic edition (2011)? Currently, there is a graphical display but I would really like a live camera view. Is it available as an addon accessory? If so, where can I get it and what does it approximately cost?

Thanks!
San
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 10:43   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

Here you go -
CIC Rear View Camera Emulator + Navigation, Voice and VIM Activation Module PNP

But you will need to buy a cable and do some coding too. This comes to about $500 if you buy the coding cable too (which you need) and will be way cheaper than what a BMW dealer will quote you.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 5th March 2012 at 11:03.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 12:22   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Here you go -
CIC Rear View Camera Emulator + Navigation, Voice and VIM Activation Module PNP

But you will need to buy a cable and do some coding too. This comes to about $500 if you buy the coding cable too (which you need) and will be way cheaper than what a BMW dealer will quote you.
That's an interesting link & website! However, isn't there any factory provided accessory? Something I could go straight to the dealer and have a rear view camera attached? Also, how do i know what series the 320d dynamic edition 2011 bimmer is?

Thanks!
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 12:48   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
That's an interesting link & website! However, isn't there any factory provided accessory? Something I could go straight to the dealer and have a rear view camera attached? Also, how do i know what series the 320d dynamic edition 2011 bimmer is?

Thanks!
What do you mean what series? There was an official BMW accessory but it was never an option in India. This will work out cheaper. This is as good as a factory accessory besides the dynamic guiding lines on screen, these will be static.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 03:11   #5
BHPian
 
fre2bpowerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

See if its possible to retrofit from BMW, I know that a kit is available for the 5.

Keep in mind its not an easy job if you go aftermarket, you'll need a skilled mechanic for the install.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 13:43   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

On bimmerretrofit.com it says -

"Solution will work with E8x and E9x Series BMWs only and where CIC is factory installed or retrofitted"

What's E8x/E9x? Is that some sort of a series? If that's the case - then what's the 320d in their terminology?
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 15:13   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
On bimmerretrofit.com it says -

"Solution will work with E8x and E9x Series BMWs only and where CIC is factory installed or retrofitted"

What's E8x/E9x? Is that some sort of a series? If that's the case - then what's the 320d in their terminology?
E90 is the 3 series sedan. E91 is the wagon, 92 is the coupe and 93 the convertible.

CIC is the version on iDrive which our cars have.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The View on your Rear-View (Pictures taken through your rear view mirrors) Pri2 Shifting gears 127 12th February 2017 10:53
[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience dreamtheater39 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 2nd April 2013 15:34
Adding a Day / Night rear view mirror to my car mukeshgoel Modifications & Accessories 20 11th December 2009 02:17
Rear View mirror/rear camera/DVD Player Surprise Modifications & Accessories 8 7th August 2008 22:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks