Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 20:20   #3586
BHPian
 
biggrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Haryana
Posts: 152
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
I wanna say that he's gutsy and everything you can see is painted and not wrapped.
No doubt your friend has a great taste for alloy wheels, but the paint scheme looks awkward, and sadly, weird. The colour variety that has come from BMW inspiration has made things more tacky, and due to the design of the decals (start solid and then curve or merge) he has chosen, it looks more like a company-sponsored car with ads to promote some brand/campaign.

With the way he changes designs to spruce up the exteriors (changing mirror paint many times, then changing the roof paint), I strongly suggest you to stop him as he is only spoiling the brilliant stock paint quality of the German! He should have spent the money on a Rexton or XUV instead, which are more curvy vehicles to start with. Jetta is an executive-personality car and won't look mean unless he gets rid of the white paint shade. An understated design vehicle is definitely not going to suit him. I feel pity for the car.

PS. In case he takes the posts (above and mine) as positive criticism, I would suggest him to retain the wheels he has and move back to original full-white theme. The tints look good on the subtle white colour, a black roof would be good in case he wants some exclusivity. Paint the multicolor caliper and drum to a single color, be it red or silver or something. Debadge, put a sleek lip spoiler and let the Jetta run clean! Or give it a full matte blac/blue/orange/yellow colour treatment in case he really wants the car to stand out. In its current state, it is neither here not there.
biggrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 22:33   #3587
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
No problem, buddy. Since it is subjective matter, my take is, let your post stay. We can see if people appreciate it or not by seeing the number of 'thanks' it receive.

Some people like over the top, flashy mods, while others like subtle, understated mods. End of the day, it is personal preference.

Yes brother it varies from person to person. I respect everyone's opinion.
CHEERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Apart from the spoiler i don't think its really wacky, Some people may like it, Some might not as it goes down to the personal opinion with the paint job, I liked the previous alloys more though. Leave all the paint design alone but that red paint on the headlamp washer is a big no no.

Yes even I told him to remove that red paint from washers lol. Of course previous alloys were way better looking than current one but as they were staggered 18" it was really difficult to live with those.

On every bump and potholes it was hugging rear fender thus resulting in early tire wears and safety concerns as well. So he changed to AMG wheels but it didn't impress him and finally decided to get 17" Vossen wheels. As I previously said pictures don't do justice, it looks real good in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
No doubt your friend has a great taste for alloy wheels, but the paint scheme looks awkward, and sadly, weird. The colour variety that has come from BMW inspiration has made things more tacky, and due to the design of the decals (start solid and then curve or merge) he has chosen, it looks more like a company-sponsored car with ads to promote some brand/campaign.



With the way he changes designs to spruce up the exteriors (changing mirror paint many times, then changing the roof paint), I strongly suggest you to stop him as he is only spoiling the brilliant stock paint quality of the German! He should have spent the money on a Rexton or XUV instead, which are more curvy vehicles to start with. Jetta is an executive-personality car and won't look mean unless he gets rid of the white paint shade. An understated design vehicle is definitely not going to suit him. I feel pity for the car.



PS. In case he takes the posts (above and mine) as positive criticism, I would suggest him to retain the wheels he has and move back to original full-white theme. The tints look good on the subtle white colour, a black roof would be good in case he wants some exclusivity. Paint the multicolor caliper and drum to a single color, be it red or silver or something. Debadge, put a sleek lip spoiler and let the Jetta run clean! Or give it a full matte blac/blue/orange/yellow colour treatment in case he really wants the car to stand out. In its current state, it is neither here not there.

Actually he's a moody person. He has painted his car so many times as if changing wraps or clothes.

Paint history :
1) First he painted those stripes on white car
2) He painted the whole car to matte black with stripes.
3) Again painted to white with stripes with glossy black roof.
4) Painted roof to maroon. ( I still don't understand why)
5) Sent back his car to company and got stock white paint. Everything removed.(may be he wanted to sell car back then)
6) Again painted stripes on white car.

Alloys
1) 18" staggered wheels
2) AMG wheels
3) stock wheels (black and blue paint scheme)
4) 17" Vossen wheels

I know you might think what this guy is upto but he's just like that. Nobody can change him.

About that multi color brake calipers, I forgot to mention that he has removed those brembo caliper covers and now it's red.

I'm just sharing details with you guys not taking his side. Just felt that this paint scheme looks really good and stands out. May be that's just me but, minus the spoiler,red headlight washer and paint roof to black and it would look real good.

CHEERS
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 00:09   #3588
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,490
Thanked: 1,825 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post

I'm just sharing details with you guys not taking his side. Just felt that this paint scheme looks really good and stands out. May be that's just me but, minus the spoiler,red headlight washer and paint roof to black and it would look real good.

CHEERS
Indeed he is a moody person.

I too don't really dislike the paint scheme, Its unique for sure and probably the car would look much more nicer to the eyes without the spoiler and the red headlight washer paint.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 06:51   #3589
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,592
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Default

After reading the number of colour changes I only have to say, "Poor Jetta. Better life next time".
kiku007 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 09:41   #3590
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 678
Thanked: 223 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

@ maddyguage: You could ask your friend to get some inspiration from a proper VW paint scheme. But I'm sure most of us here would prefer to see it with subtle mods and paint.

I've worked for both brands in the past, so that paint scheme looks like sacrilege to me. No offense intended.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 10:04   #3591
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,034
Thanked: 3,169 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Yes------SNIP----

CHEERS
I think most people are finding it hard to get past the fact that these are BMW colors.
Tell you friend to put on some Martini colors, they are more or less are the same, the layouts are a bit different.
AND, Martini and VW have/had some history, so lesser number of fingers pointed. Howver, on a satid looking sedan like this, don't know how much taste can be reflected. But hey, we know he is open to experimenting, isn't he?
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 10:18   #3592
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 388
Thanked: 728 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
finally decided to get 17" Vossen wheels. As I previously said pictures don't do justice, it looks real good in person.

...
4) 17" Vossen wheels
Replica wheels you mean, right? Vossen dont come in 17" in those design. They start at 19". Lets hope they aren't flimsy Made in China replicas.

Its always better to go for proper branded alloys rather than these imitations/replicas. I am running A class wheels on my Laura- Made by Borbet in Germany. Rather than painting/wrapping his car this often, ask him to get better wheels.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 10:29   #3593
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
@ maddyguage: You could ask your friend to get some inspiration from a proper VW paint scheme. But I'm sure most of us here would prefer to see it with subtle mods and paint.

I've worked for both brands in the past, so that paint scheme looks like sacrilege to me. No offense intended.
Yes definitely I'll tell him about your opinion guys. Some like this paint job some don't. It varies from person to person. After all we are India, we get to see a lot of varieties of modifications haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I think most people are finding it hard to get past the fact that these are BMW colors.
Tell you friend to put on some Martini colors, they are more or less are the same, the layouts are a bit different.
AND, Martini and VW have/had some history, so lesser number of fingers pointed. Howver, on a satid looking sedan like this, don't know how much taste can be reflected. But hey, we know he is open to experimenting, isn't he?
Yes I couldn't agree more. Martini colors look way better than this. Yes he loves experimenting. Especially with alloys and paint jobs.

Apart from this paint job no one has commented on his ICE. I must tell you that sound quality and BASS are amazing and beyond limit. He had to install sound dampening in whole boot space and rear door panels.

P.S subwoofers are so powerful that he had to cut out round piece of metal out of rear window cargo deck (that's what they call it I guess) for better performance. This guy is a nuts. He doesn't care about warranty or insurance.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 18:09   #3594
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,490
Thanked: 1,825 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
After reading the number of colour changes I only have to say, "Poor Jetta. Better life next time".
And it happens a lot actually, I too know people who keep doing constant changes both cosmetically and mechanically to their car, They probably spend more time with the car in the garage then driving it.

I do like to spend my time in the garage with my car too, But i do my research before hand and then its just one time job and everything turns out as i expect it to be.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 20:53   #3595
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
And it happens a lot actually, I too know people who keep doing constant changes both cosmetically and mechanically to their car, They probably spend more time with the car in the garage then driving it.

I do like to spend my time in the garage with my car too, But i do my research before hand and then its just one time job and everything turns out as i expect it to be.
Come on brother I've seen your mods and they are amazing. Please don't compare your REAL mods to some TACKY mods. Your research is clearly seen by your mods. Loved your self parking mod though. keep them coming.

happy revving,
Madhur

UPDATE (10th June) - I gave him suggestion and finally he has repainted his car to company white. Plus he returned those alloys to the dealer after @RohanDheman told me about it being a replica. Now he's looking for a good alloys and paint job.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th June 2016 at 22:16. Reason: Merging update with your previous post. Please do not disregard moderator instructions! Thanks.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 10:40   #3596
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,238
Thanked: 78,510 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Mod Note: The Jetta's been discussed enough. Lets move on. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 21:48   #3597
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,887
Thanked: 2,391 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

A cute little Brio

Courtesy- Bismi Asees
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-0.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-1.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-2.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-4.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-5.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-6.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-6a.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-7.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-9.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-brio-10.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 03:59   #3598
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,490
Thanked: 1,825 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

This was my first (Personal) car, Mitsubishi Cedia Sports, Hope it belongs to this thread, This was around 4-5 years back.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-280689_2165318846200_5075626_o.jpg

Name:  260328_2099267114948_997446_n.jpg
Views: 8745
Size:  39.3 KB

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-277758_2165328646445_8201588_o.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-288851_2193225023837_5868292_o.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imag0222.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imag0419.jpg

Had done a lots of modifications on her, Custom headers, Remus exhaust, K & N typhoon CAI etc along with body kits projectors etc.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 16:49   #3599
BHPian
 
Rover2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
This was my first (Personal) car, Mitsubishi Cedia Sports, Hope it belongs to this thread, This was around 4-5 years back.

Attachment 1517960

Attachment 1517961

Attachment 1517962

Attachment 1517963

Attachment 1517964

Attachment 1517965

Had done a lots of modifications on her, Custom headers, Remus exhaust, K & N typhoon CAI etc along with body kits projectors etc.
She looks very neat! tastefully done!
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 18:38   #3600
RWD
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Spotted in Mysore. Belongs to the owner of a car accessories shop.
Hmmm So, this is where Renault came looking for inspiration

Name:  renaultdusterfacelift15.jpg
Views: 8281
Size:  93.0 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2016 at 14:46. Reason: Deleting image from quoted text
RWD is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
badly modified cars;pics binz Modifications & Accessories 12 28th September 2005 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks