Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 22:48   #631
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Yes, the Beat is mine. Photos and mods were already posted in this thread.



it is Type-R kit with mugen grill and the photos don't do justice, the increased blue sparkles are awesome in sunlight.
Bro what did you lower the beat on? Coilovers or springs? Car looks amazing
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 07:13   #632
BHPian
 
b_ambat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KL-7
Posts: 107
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

@AMBAT- Your Beat is awesome, you have made a funky looking car even more funkier without going over the board. A suggestion- how about some black surrounds around the headlamp and indicator?
@ashis89 - Thanks, thought of headlight paint-job earlier, but was afraid that it could be an overkill and was concerned about the fit and finish, after the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Bro what did you lower the beat on? Coilovers or springs? Car looks amazing
@i<3turbo- lowered with H&R lowering springs.

Last edited by b_ambat : 13th March 2013 at 07:14.
b_ambat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 19:33   #633
BHPian
 
himanshu_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 241
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
@i<3turbo- lowered with H&R lowering springs.
How are the stock dampers holding up with the H&R springs? How much lowering have you achieved?
I am planning to get 25/40mm lowering springs for my Polo but divided opinion on the dampers. The B6 dampers by Bilsteins are pricey, so are the Koni's.
himanshu_j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 20:19   #634
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,532
Thanked: 5,565 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
How are the stock dampers holding up with the H&R springs? How much lowering have you achieved?
I am planning to get 25/40mm lowering springs for my Polo but divided opinion on the dampers. The B6 dampers by Bilsteins are pricey, so are the Koni's.
If you are using it everyday then your stock dampers will wear out quickly. Also your car will scrape a lot on our city's great roads. If you do want to lower then do it right, with dampers too.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 22:42   #635
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,362 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Bhpian's Polo 1.6 !
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_7034.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_7031.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_7024.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_7087.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_7072.jpg  

Unknownsatan is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 22:56   #636
BHPian
 
b_ambat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KL-7
Posts: 107
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
How are the stock dampers holding up with the H&R springs? How much lowering have you achieved?
I am planning to get 25/40mm lowering springs for my Polo but divided opinion on the dampers. The B6 dampers by Bilsteins are pricey, so are the Koni's.
My car is 35mm lowered and I am using it since last 10,000 kms, i haven't faced any issues with dampers and moreover stock dampers will never burn your pocket.My car is daily drive and of course, the comfort will drop. Unless you go for adjustable dampers like B16, the ride will be bumpy. Polo with B14 is stiffer than my ride.

Last edited by b_ambat : 13th March 2013 at 22:58.
b_ambat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 23:46   #637
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Bhpian's Polo 1.6 !
That's prasanth's polo if I'm not wrong .
I am guessing looking at the alloys which he got painted recently.
Cheers
Schoudhury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 16:13   #638
BHPian
 
himanshu_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 241
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

If you are using it everyday then your stock dampers will wear out quickly. Also your car will scrape a lot on our city's great roads. If you do want to lower then do it right, with dampers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post

My car is 35mm lowered and I am using it since last 10,000 kms, i haven't faced any issues with dampers and moreover stock dampers will never burn your pocket.My car is daily drive and of course, the comfort will drop. Unless you go for adjustable dampers like B16, the ride will be bumpy. Polo with B14 is stiffer than my ride.
I totally agree with you. The cost of aftermarket dampers is anywhere between 30 to 50k at the least even if I import a set privately while the stock VW dampers are barely 2500 a corner so even if they wear out faster it wouldn't pinch. Also my monthly running is barely 300km.

And thank you so much Ambat. Could you guide me where I could procure a set of H&R springs? Pete's is quoting more than 30k while in UK they're a meagre 12k.
himanshu_j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 16:52   #639
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,532
Thanked: 5,565 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I totally agree with you. The cost of aftermarket dampers is anywhere between 30 to 50k at the least even if I import a set privately while the stock VW dampers are barely 2500 a corner so even if they wear out faster it wouldn't pinch. Also my monthly running is barely 300km.

And thank you so much Ambat. Could you guide me where I could procure a set of H&R springs? Pete's is quoting more than 30k while in UK they're a meagre 12k.
If you have decided on that, then go ahead. Why not just order the springs from the UK then? Though with shipping and customs the cost may be close to what Petes is selling at.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 19:47   #640
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,629 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Friend's Punto.

Mods:
  • Dieseltronics to 110hp
  • Smoked lamps
  • Blacked roof
  • CF bits and spoiler
  • Fiat livery
  • 17" AVAs
Next in line:
  • Bilstein B14
  • Rims to be powder-coated in graphite
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-883979_10152131094606490_236755130_o.jpg  


Last edited by Scorcher : 14th March 2013 at 19:48.
Scorcher is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 20:07   #641
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,757
Thanked: 1,509 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Friend's Punto.

Mods:
  • Dieseltronics to 110hp
  • Smoked lamps
  • Blacked roof
  • CF bits and spoiler
  • Fiat livery
  • 17" AVAs
Next in line:
  • Bilstein B14
  • Rims to be powder-coated in graphite
Excellent,love it
Btw looks like the car visited its birth place(Fiat Factory)
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 10:55   #642
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 676
Thanked: 219 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

@ Scorcher: That's a fine looking Punto. Your friend has good taste in cars and even better taste in mods. Neither in-your-face nor overtly subtle. Nice.

BTW, Is this a 75bhp Punto that's been bumped up to 110hp?
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 11:15   #643
BHPian
 
honda_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 244
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Friend's Punto.

Mods:
  • Dieseltronics to 110hp
  • Smoked lamps
  • Blacked roof
  • CF bits and spoiler
  • Fiat livery
  • 17" AVAs
Next in line:
  • Bilstein B14
  • Rims to be powder-coated in graphite

Would look even more hotter if its lowered. but still very good mods done on the Punto.

Cheers
honda_dude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 12:28   #644
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,629 Times
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Btw looks like the car visited its birth place(Fiat Factory)
Yes, its been to Ranjangaon recently for the Fiatian meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
BTW, Is this a 75bhp Punto that's been bumped up to 110hp?
Yes, it was 75hp. I've driven (read belted!) this car on pretty much all conditions imaginable. Trust me, its quite a handful for a lil' Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
Would look even more hotter if its lowered.
As I mentioned in the original post, next if queue for mods is the B14s.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 13:48   #645
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,345
Thanked: 1,032 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Yes, it was 75hp. I've driven (read belted!) this car on pretty much all conditions imaginable. Trust me, its quite a handful for a lil' Fiat.
Are you sure its 110bhp. 75hp goes max to 90/92 bhp and 90bhp goes up to 110bhp witht the diesel tronic box.

No remap/ tuning box can bump the 75bhp by more than 50%
amit_mechengg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
badly modified cars;pics binz Modifications & Accessories 12 28th September 2005 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks