Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd May 2012, 21:51   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Lancer Rear disc conversion issues

Just an update, We have found a totaled car(roll-over) and are in the process of acquiring the entire brake setup from it! That should sort out our issues!
Not sure what the scene with the rest of the totaled cedia is but ill post-up here if the engine is for sale incase someone wants to do a swap with their existing lancer.

Cheers!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 14:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

this is interesting. So you are taking entire abs, ebd setup of the Cedia? Is there any chance of doing this on an OHC?
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 15:56   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
this is interesting. So you are taking entire abs, ebd setup of the Cedia? Is there any chance of doing this on an OHC?
Both City Mk.I (which you are referring to) and Mk.II had rear discs for the VTeC variants. So you should be able to easily source the OE stuff. This is much preferable to any 'jugaad'.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 16:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey, thanks Sgiitk. This was news to me. But since most of the brake force is at the front, i am looking for some better options for the front. Any other OE car's such as RS etc will fit? i have 15 inch wheels so i can accommodate bigger disks.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 19:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hey, thanks Sgiitk. This was news to me. But since most of the brake force is at the front, i am looking for some better options for the front. Any other OE car's such as RS etc will fit? i have 15 inch wheels so i can accommodate bigger disks.
Front wheel drive needs better breaking in front. Better rear breaking will complicate things. Both the cars listed by you will make you to change those 15" wheels. One is 114+ pcd and another has 5 nuts. Look for a verna/anhc setup if you want minimal mods on breaks. Else there is posting on classifieds where a guy who owns a break manufacturing has put a lisring. He has slotted and cross drilled breaks. Check with him
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote