Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: Plz help me decide guys..
Automech Freeflow 15 68.18%
K&N filter 1 4.55%
Plugs + wires 0 0%
K&N + Plugs + Wires 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd April 2006, 02:59   #1
BHPian

Talking Honda City 1.5 Freeflow OR Filter + Plugs/Wires

hey guys.. atm i have a limited amt of cash to spend.. what would u suggest i spend on.. a freeflow from Automech.. which he quoted 9500 with ceramic coating.. and 8000 with ceramic coating but with my rear muffler (5zigen).. all u guys who have had a freeflow fitted frm automech, how much did ull pay?? is the price he quoted me resonable?? ....

I also had a look at K&N air filters.. what type would you'll suggest for my OHC 1.5 .. i dont want a stock replacement filter.. what would be the cost of good plugs + wires..

i have around 8k.. i cud stretch it to 9k.. plz suggest what i should do and plz gimme brand names + prices + neother specifications..

i would also like to know what single/combo would result in a greater change of power
thnx guys..
~cheers
-Ash

Last edited by buzzin_hornets : 2nd April 2006 at 03:02.
buzzin_hornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 10:08   #2
BANNED

Hey,

I think you first need to concentrate on getting your car moving/working like a normal 1.5 then worry about the rest. You will just be wasting your money otherwise.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

I think you first need to concentrate on getting your car moving/working like a normal 1.5 then worry about the rest. You will just be wasting your money otherwise.

Viper
hey viper,
im going to get that matter sorted out tmrw. Once that is done i would like the opinion of fella bhpians of what i should go in for as i am lookin for a significant increase in power.. so what do u guys suggest.
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

i suggest you go in for the plugs+wires and the k&n first.. after a few months down the line you can always save up and pic up the free flow..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i suggest you go in for the plugs+wires and the k&n first.. after a few months down the line you can always save up and pic up the free flow..
hey thnx for the quick reply godfather .. could u specify which wires, plugs n which k&n filter if possible..cheers..

-Ash
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Viper
If there is some issues i suggest you sort that out first.. It does not make sence to mod the 1.5L if its not moving..like what Viper says..
K&N - Stock replacement filter or the Universal set
plugs - Iridiums
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 09:54   #7
BANNED

Thumbs up

Hi,

Get the free flow done after you sort out your car issues first. I would not recommend Automech though. You will see more noticeable power gains from the exhaust than the filter.

Viper

PS - You could always go in for the power box
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:43   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Fosi bhai! Wot are the issues with ur ride ??? and Freeflows are more effective when combiined with a performance filter.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:50   #9
BHPian

hey viper, godfather, aza.. thnx for ur replies.. hehe viper..i sure did consider it..but like i said im runnin on a tiny budget right now.. aza bhai.. long story dude.. will msg u on msn n let u know wht happnd..

~cheers
-Ash

p.s. viper if not automech then?

automech is charging 9500 with ceramic coating + his rear muffler
8000 with ceramic coating + MY rear muffler (5zigen)

is that a decent rate guys?? cause i heard 8k with automechs muffler should be good.. (i.e. the entire free flow)
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I would not recommend Automech though.

Viper
...hey viper ...why dont u recommend Automech for an exhaust work ...many of us have got our free flows from automech ....details please

about mods , i think u need to get proper tires first and then go for the other mods ...

Last edited by speedsatya : 3rd April 2006 at 10:52.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:59   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
...hey viper ...why dont u recommend Automech for an exhaust work ...many of us have got our free flows from automech ....details please

about mods , i think u need to get proper tires first and then go for the other mods ...
Hi,

I have personal reasons for not recommending Automech and I am not happy with his job.

He already has excellent tyres.

Viper
Old 3rd April 2006, 11:47   #12
BHPian

I dont think there is any one better than the automech for the exhaust job in mumbai i myself using it on my Honda & my earlier Ikon was also done through him, though i have imported 4-1 stainless steel headers rest thing was done up by automech only.

@ Buzzin H : you can do two things,
retain ur 5Zigen muffler and get 4-2-1 headers & free flow from automech or you can go in for stainless steel 4-2-1 headers similar like i have with free flow & your 5Zigen muffler, i am sure you will be very happy with the exhaust note after these mod
by the way is your ECM thing got sorted out ? do all mods after your car is back to normal.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
I dont think there is any one better than the automech for the exhaust job in mumbai .

...i am also very much happy with the exhaust work done on my car way back in 2001 ....also my other friends having automech FF's are also more than satisfied ...very rarely do u come across a person who is not happy with automech ...
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
I dont think there is any one better than the automech for the exhaust job in mumbai i myself using it on my Honda & my earlier Ikon was also done through him, though i have imported 4-1 stainless steel headers rest thing was done up by automech only.

@ Buzzin H : you can do two things,
retain ur 5Zigen muffler and get 4-2-1 headers & free flow from automech or you can go in for stainless steel 4-2-1 headers similar like i have with free flow & your 5Zigen muffler, i am sure you will be very happy with the exhaust note after these mod
by the way is your ECM thing got sorted out ? do all mods after your car is back to normal.
hey Ford Rocam,
i am only goin to touch my engine once i get the ecm issue sorted out with the company, and that is hopefully today. i am still mesmerised by the sound of your car!! n the performance, wow!! did u get ur problem sorted out wid KS ??

~cheers
-Ash
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
hey Ford Rocam,
i am only goin to touch my engine once i get the ecm issue sorted out with the company, and that is hopefully today. i am still mesmerised by the sound of your car!! n the performance, wow!! did u get ur problem sorted out wid KS ??

~cheers
-Ash
i dont have any problem with K.S & if you are referring to engine mounts yes i am getting it more stronger !!! hopefully it should be ready by tomorrow.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote