Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th April 2012, 19:42   #1
BHPian

Default Stay Away - Xenos.co.in

All, beware!

I had the misfortune of ordering from XENOS.CO.IN. Thankfully, I ordered stuff worth Rs.550 odd only (Clear Vue Glass polish and rain repellant)

The order date was 7th.

1. No update on order till date.
2.Called up on Wednesay. Clueless lady answers and says she'll have a word
3. Called up on Friday. Clueless man answers and says the lady responsible is on leave
4. The email ID in the "contact us" part of the site bounced back. I again sent one today and touchwood, it hasn't so far.
5. Tried calling up from 6:30 PM onwards today using all the 4 numbers , no one picked. One number was busy, but when it started ringing, no one picked.

Lesson learnt. Old world companies = Hopeless online. We're talking about PRICOL here. I hope I get my money back.

Needless to say, no XENOS is ever going to grace any of my cars!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 21:06   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Stay Away - Xenos.co.in

I ordered Turtle Platinum wax from the same website in April 2011 and the same was delivered within 5 days. I was very happy with the product and the service. Last month a ordered a car perfume (Rs. 125/-) but after a week a regret mail was sent and i was told that they couldn't deliver due to some reasons and my money would be credited back. I got the money within 5-6 days. I thought that may be the product was cheap so they were reluctant to bear the shipping costs.

Wait for few more days and Try calling them again.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 22:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

With me too, they were quick enough to refund the money. But I suggest that if they are not intending to sell online, they got to take down the buy option from their site.

Please persist on delivering or refunding the money back. I had to send a mail to xenosvpoffice@xenos.co.in, cityx@xenos.co.in and venuns@xenos.co.in
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 18:43   #4
BHPian

If you've paid by credit card, call them up and dispute the charge. The xenos guys will be contacted and mostly merchants prefer to refund than fight with your bank/card provider.

Avoid buying online when you can buy from a local shop, its quicker and less hassle.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 19:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought Xenos was a HID ballast maker. This may be a fly-by-night bunch trying to cash in on the (not so good according to many) popular name.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:18   #6
BHPian

sgiitk: No prof. This is the original Xenos - the same premises where Pricol India is head quartered (Coimbatore)

thoma: cityx@xenos.co.in and venuns@xenos.co.in don't work. I consistently got a response from the 'webmaster' saying 'not delivered'!

fre2bpowerless: usually am an avid-online shopper, especially for care care/regular car parts. Have had delightful experiences with shopabroad/ebay.in/autofresh/gamutauto/bbimpex/carstudio/com-paint etc. Also, you get quality stuff a lot cheaper online. Yes, I will dispute the transaction if nothing moves next week.

Quick Update: I posted a complaint at Pricol India. No response. Again called up Xenos earlier this week. The lady said she would 'check'. Finally, got a call yesterday evening saying that it has been despatched, but twice. Would I be kind enough to return one set back? I still have no courier tracking details. Let's see how this goes...!
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 12:55   #7
BHPian

Update: I finally got my parcel from Trackon Courier - twice! Once last Friday and once today. I then got a call from Chennai - 'could you please return one pack back - it was despatched by mistake'.

The saving grace is that the packaging was good!

But seriously, I think till they get their processes in place, better stay far away.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 13:44   #8
BHPian

If you find the product good keep the extra pack and pay them the amount. It will save from the hassle of sending it back and bearing the sending charges!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 13:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Update: I finally got my parcel from Trackon Courier - twice! Once last Friday and once today. I then got a call from Chennai - 'could you please return one pack back - it was despatched by mistake'.

The saving grace is that the packaging was good!

But seriously, I think till they get their processes in place, better stay far away.
Ask them to collect it, why should you be inconvenienced due to their mistake
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote