Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st May 2013, 21:53   #226

Thumbs up Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Hi Guys...i have been using the DieselTRONIC on my car for about 10 days & 400 Kms Down , and in the P2 Mode i have got a Mileage of 8.5 KMPL comparatively to the Original Stock Engine without the Chip was 9.5 KMPL. so i would say that there has not been much of a mileage Drop. Now i am testing the Economy Mode and will update soon about the Gain in Mileage. I must say that the P2 experience has been Mind Blowing and i am waiting for the Dual Channel for my Fortuner.

Ashish
ab9403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:07   #227
BHPian

Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Hi Race Dynamics -

Want to know if dieseltronic box would work on Scorpio Mhawk Automatic?

Anand

Last edited by anandkumargb : 23rd May 2013 at 13:08. Reason: grammar
anandkumargb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:01   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab9403 View Post
Hi Guys...i have been using the DieselTRONIC on my car for about 10 days & 400 Kms Down , and in the P2 Mode i have got a Mileage of 8.5 KMPL comparatively to the Original Stock Engine without the Chip was 9.5 KMPL. so i would say that there has not been much of a mileage Drop. Now i am testing the Economy Mode and will update soon about the Gain in Mileage. I must say that the P2 experience has been Mind Blowing and i am waiting for the Dual Channel for my Fortuner.
Ashish
Hello, we're glad to know your experience. Do note that you will see gains in Economy mode once when complemented with an extremely light footed driving style. If your driving style is slightly more enthusiastic, we recommend you shift to P1 and you will see gains in mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Hi Race Dynamics -

Want to know if dieseltronic box would work on Scorpio Mhawk Automatic?

Anand
Yes, it is compatible with the Scorpio Mhawk Automatic.
Racedynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:23   #229
BHPian

Yes, it is compatible with the Scorpio Mhawk Automatic.[/quote]

Hi RD,

Phew...that's a relief.

I had bought the DT for my mahindra Verito which I will sell now. Planning to buy Scorpio AT....Would you be able to fit my existing DT box to the SUV?

Thanks
anandkumargb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 22:58   #230
BHPian

I want to know if the box is available/compatible with a Renault duster?
isldhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 08:00   #231
BHPian

Yesterday I fixed the Dieseltronics Tuning Box on my Sumo Grande MK II,which has done about 67k KM.
I will give my feedback on the performance in my long term review of Sumo Grande MK II

Initial drive of a few kilometres in P1 mode has been satisfying.

I was also happy with the attention given at Ignite who are the dealers in Chennai.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3131147 (Sumo Grande MKII GX long term review)
arulpeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 14:44   #232
BHPian

Need urgent help.

I have 2008 Swift VDi. Done 74k now with RD Tuning Box for last 15k. Today I dropped the car at Maruti A$$ without disconnecting the tuning box. The box was in P1 mode when I dropped the car. Remote is with me. SA called me and told Engine Service light is not going off after 6 sec but goes after starting the car. He says some error codes are found and needs EGR cleaning. I have done EGR cleaning at 52k and oil, air filter has been changed 1000 Kms ago. I have not seen any performance drop or reduction in mileage.

Are these error codes because of RD box and I need not worry or I go ahead with EGR cleaning? I have asked them to do injector cleaning though.
abhijitvp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 16:12   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Need urgent help.

I have 2008 Swift VDi. Done 74k now with RD Tuning Box for last 15k. Today I dropped the car at Maruti A$$ without disconnecting the tuning box. The box was in P1 mode when I dropped the car. Remote is with me. SA called me and told Engine Service light is not going off after 6 sec but goes after starting the car. He says some error codes are found and needs EGR cleaning. I have done EGR cleaning at 52k and oil, air filter has been changed 1000 Kms ago. I have not seen any performance drop or reduction in mileage.

Are these error codes because of RD box and I need not worry or I go ahead with EGR cleaning? I have asked them to do injector cleaning though.
Abhijit,

There is no problem in giving the car to the service center with the unit plugged in, it will not throw up errors of any sort.

The SVS(Service Vehicle Soon) light indicates a non-critical error which can be caused by any component and its relation to the 'Check engine light' is highly unlikely. We recommend you follow the regular service procedure as advised by your service advisor.

RD
Old 11th June 2013, 16:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Abhijit,

There is no problem in giving the car to the service center with the unit plugged in, it will not throw up errors of any sort.

The SVS(Service Vehicle Soon) light indicates a non-critical error which can be caused by any component and its relation to the 'Check engine light' is highly unlikely. We recommend you follow the regular service procedure as advised by your service advisor.

RD
That day I ignored the warning and two days after that engine malfunction light came on.

I did the EGR cleaning and everything is normal now. Even under hard acceleration (P2 mode), there is no sign of smoke.

Plugged the device gain and no error codes now.

I had to do EGR cleaning in just 22k kms.
abhijitvp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 19:41   #235
BHPian

Hello RD,
Wanted to if & when will the Dual channel box be available for the Etios Diesel?

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 23:24   #236
BHPian

Do you have any upgrades for a Captiva AT AWD? 2.0L Diesel for the TCM. I need to engage the lock up clutch earlier.

Thanks
stuntfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 16:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Abhijit,

RD
Hi Rd , I bought a box for the Tata safari 2.2 on sunday from one of your dealers in delhi the very next day at night while driving the engine check light came on the car lost all power and stalled in the middle of the road. Called your dealer and was told to disconnect the box and clip in the oem ecu did that and voila the car started up engine check light vanished and no issues thereafter till i reached my residence.

Next morning unplugged the Oem ecu cable and plugged in the rd box again set the mode to p2 box led blinks 4 times. and keep driving no check light and no car stalling so far, Now the problem that has crept up is the box is stuck in P2 mode no matter which mode i try to set via the remote the Led keeps blinking 4 times and box does not reset to any other mode.

PLease advice asap as am in a quandry.

cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 18:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post

Hi Rd , I bought a box for the Tata safari 2.2 on sunday from one of your dealers in delhi the very next day at night while driving the engine check light came on the car lost all power and stalled in the middle of the road. Called your dealer and was told to disconnect the box and clip in the oem ecu did that and voila the car started up engine check light vanished and no issues thereafter till i reached my residence.

Next morning unplugged the Oem ecu cable and plugged in the rd box again set the mode to p2 box led blinks 4 times. and keep driving no check light and no car stalling so far, Now the problem that has crept up is the box is stuck in P2 mode no matter which mode i try to set via the remote the Led keeps blinking 4 times and box does not reset to any other mode.

PLease advice asap as am in a quandry.

cheers
Hello,

We will look into this with the dealer immediately. Do use the contact details mentioned on the box and we will assist you further.

It is highly likely that a connector was not secured properly hence this issue.

For the mode switch, on the remote click any other mode, then turn off the engine, and turn it back on. Can you confirm if the RD ECU has switched modes ?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rd

Last edited by Racedynamics : 13th June 2013 at 18:27.
Old 13th June 2013, 18:28   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

We will look into this with the dealer immediately. Do use the contact details mentioned on the box and we will assist you further.

It is highly likely that a connector was not secured properly hence this issue.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rd
HI even i thought the same the issue could have been with the connector and have used the contact info as well have sent an email to sanjay for tech assistance.

Regarding the MOde issue i have changed mode using the remote then turned off the engine and restarted the car but the mode on the box does not change, have tried this several times actually.

Regards

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 13th June 2013 at 18:31.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 21:09   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post

HI even i thought the same the issue could have been with the connector and have used the contact info as well have sent an email to sanjay for tech assistance.

Regarding the MOde issue i have changed mode using the remote then turned off the engine and restarted the car but the mode on the box does not change, have tried this several times actually.

Regards
Try disconnecting the power supply of the box from the battery and connect it back after sometime. Maybe it Will reset .
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote