Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th September 2013, 16:55   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
JK Sir, faced any problems so far (smoke, over heating etc)?
I contacted Jerry's by email for buying one for my Dicor. They mentioned about fitting the box for a distinguished BHPian (and I know who that is ) I will be ordering the box from them by December 2013 end and intend to install it myself when I am back in kerala. Can you help me with the installation pictures you may have? Or just a snap shot of the engine bay showing the connections?

Thank you!
I am very happy with the product. Dont ask me about mileage since its mostly a city car. We also installed the same in another Safari last day ( apart from a Figo/Fiesta etc on a single day!). Pix should be up soon.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 08:16   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I am very happy with the product. Dont ask me about mileage since its mostly a city car. We also installed the same in another Safari last day ( apart from a Figo/Fiesta etc on a single day!). Pix should be up soon.
So how does it compare to Pete's tuning box?
v_2rahjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 22:54   #303
BHPian

Hi RD

After reading through this thread, I am planning DieselTronic Tuning boxes for my Thar CRDe and SX4 Vdi. Which are the recommended models or are they the same? Are the dual channel model/s available for both? My SX4 VDi has done 60k and my Thar CRDe around 8k. Has the former run too much and the latter run too little to be able to handle the upgrade?

Kindly clarify. Thanks in advance!
cpbopanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 23:12   #304
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
With a tuning box theres a good increase power and torque from around 1600rpm and should see upshift happening earlier.
Hi RD,

I have been asking around to install the RD tuning box for my 3.0 L TDCi Endeavour. After hunting around for the tuning box, I found that you guys do not have a tuning box for the 3.0L TDCi engine.

I was asked to take my car to RD Bangalore so that you guys could try out a custom-made box for the 3.0L TDCi engine. Guys, is this true?
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 11:22   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Hi RD

After reading through this thread, I am planning DieselTronic Tuning boxes for my Thar CRDe and SX4 Vdi. Which are the recommended models or are they the same? Are the dual channel model/s available for both? My SX4 VDi has done 60k and my Thar CRDe around 8k. Has the former run too much and the latter run too little to be able to handle the upgrade?

Hello, for the Thar, the single channel unit is compatible. In the case of the SX4, you can choose between either the single or dual channel unit. You can fit a tuning box without having to worry about the number of kilometers clocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I was asked to take my car to RD Bangalore so that you guys could try out a custom-made box for the 3.0L TDCi engine. Guys, is this true?
Hello Mas, yes in this instance the car would have to come to Bangalore.
Racedynamics is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 14:10   #306
BHPian

Hi RD Team,

Can you please answer the below queries for me
1> Is Dieseltronic available for AMAZE
2> Where can I get it in Delhi NCR
3> At what price
4> What the expected bump in power.

Thanks
shashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 15:05   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Hi RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Hi RD Team,

Can you please answer the below queries for me
1> Is Dieseltronic available for AMAZE
2> Where can I get it in Delhi NCR
3> At what price
4> What the expected bump in power.

Thanks
Hi Shashant, DieselTRONIC is not available for the amaze as of now.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 19:29   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
RD, I have completed about 10,000kms with the RD Box and first and foremost, thank you for this product. It is simply WOW, i can never go back to driving a stock car after getting addicted to what RD box can do.

Offlate, i get comments from people that when i give it the gas, there is a lot of smoke coming out of the exhuast despite the car getting fully serviced just 1000kms ago. While, i am blissfully enjoying the performance inside, it does get little embarassing to get such questions.

P.S: Anyone else facing similar issue?
I Am also FAcing Issues with a little excess smoke not like a truck on the highway but a coupla my friends have also pointed out that its giving a little more smoke than earlier. However other then this performance wise i have had the box in P2 ever since i got it, and its mind blowing

Have checked in S mode today since its a diesel its giving smoke on hard revving but not as much as its giving out in P2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
JK Sir, faced any problems so far (smoke, over heating etc)?

Thank you!
I presume you are getting it for a Safari other then a little excess smoke in P2 i have absolutely no issues with the box as of now and i drive in P2 all the time mileage somehow has gone up by 1 km.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 20:22   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
So how does it compare to Pete's tuning box?
There is no box by Pete's for Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I Am also FAcing Issues with a little excess smoke not like a truck on the highway but a coupla my friends have also pointed out that its giving a little more smoke than earlier. However other then this performance wise i have had the box in P2 ever since i got it, and its mind blowing

Have checked in S mode today since its a diesel its giving smoke on hard revving but not as much as its giving out in P2

I presume you are getting it for a Safari other then a little excess smoke in P2 i have absolutely no issues with the box as of now and i drive in P2 all the time mileage somehow has gone up by 1 km.
P2 for Safari can be overkill if you are gonna have fun with accelerator pedal. If I drive sedately then I would expect and would see smoke when I rev hard later and then its fine.

I also think a better air filter would help with this.

And no overheating.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 09:13   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

My Punto 90HP with RD dual channel box went for the dyno test two days back, and gave pretty impressive results IMO.

More details here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3276972

Also - A big thanks to the RD team for helping with the removal and installation of the box each and every time I needed! The connectors in the 90HP are a bit hard to access and I just didn't get the hang of it yet.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th October 2013 at 09:17.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 12:30   #311
BHPian

Question Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Hello RD, is the DieselTronic box available for the Fluidic Verna SX 6 speed? If so, please post the specifications - Single/Dual channel, Power/Torque increase and whether low-end torque will improve. It would be great if you could post the RPM/Torque and RPM/Power chart.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 19:09   #312

Hi RD folks, is the dual channel box available for the Vento TDI? I've been waiting for a looong time for this.
Mendocino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 01:38   #313
BHPian

What's recommended for XUV 500
vaibhavdalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 19:41   #314
BHPian

One of my friend wants to know if DieselTronic Tuning Box is available for m2DiCR Bolero?

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 10th November 2013 at 19:42.
needforspeed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 20:00   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
One of my friend wants to know if DieselTronic Tuning Box is available for m2DiCR Bolero?
It is available in the single channel mode,contact RD on +9140929292.
Arjun Reddy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote