Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th September 2012, 13:03   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Some queries on the box :-

Is the MRP 19,999 standard for the box for all type of cars?

Is there any discounts they over since the price mentioned is MRP? What price other BHPians paying for it?

Seeing so many folks enjoying the box without any issues, Iam so tempted
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 19:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

Is there any discounts they over since the price mentioned is MRP? What price other BHPians paying for it?

Seeing so many folks enjoying the box without any issues, Iam so tempted
Hi
For all boxes the price is same. I didnt get any discounts. Have been usingit for the last 4months...till now satisfied with the perfomance
Cheers
Dilip
dilipkumar7278 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 20:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

Dada,
I got it at 19k.
Try to negotiate.
F150 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 21:13   #34
BHPian

I suggest all those contemplating a tuning box wait for the box that controls turbo pressure too. Feeding in more fuel without increasing air supply is asking for trouble. Race Dynamics is the only tuning box manufacturer in the whole wide world that makes this possible. Either you get the tuning box manufactured by Race Dynamics thats in the pipeline or go the whole hog and ask Siddharth to massage your ECU. Cost works out a bit more for Sid's magic but the grin on your face will make up for it when you just feather the throttle.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 14:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
I suggest all those contemplating a tuning box wait for the box that controls turbo pressure too. Feeding in more fuel without increasing air supply is asking for trouble. Race Dynamics is the only tuning box manufacturer in the whole wide world that makes this possible. Either you get the tuning box manufactured by Race Dynamics thats in the pipeline or go the whole hog and ask Siddharth to massage your ECU. Cost works out a bit more for Sid's magic but the grin on your face will make up for it when you just feather the throttle.
What you are talking about controlling turbo pressure applies only to cars with VGT right? Cars with FGT need not worry before plunking in a tuning box?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 15:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
For all boxes the price is same. I didnt get any discounts. Have been usingit for the last 4months...till now satisfied with the perfomance
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dada,I got it at 19k.Try to negotiate.
Thanks guys.

F150, whats your feedback on box's performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I suggest all those contemplating a tuning box wait for the box that controls turbo pressure too. Feeding in more fuel without increasing air supply is asking for trouble.
What trouble we are asking for here? Care to elaborate? There are many folks here who have driven 30K kms or 40k kms with the box and dont have any issues or problems to the engine.

I am given to understand RD unlike other power boxes in the market is developed in India and for Indian conditions (including the quality of fuel and indian climatic conditons)

I have myself used a Pete's Box in my previous car for almost 40K kms and never had an issue.

Btw, I just couldnt resist the tempation and plonked the RD box in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Race Dynamics is the only tuning box manufacturer in the whole wide world that makes this possible. Either you get the tuning box manufactured by Race Dynamics thats in the pipeline or go the whole hog and ask Siddharth to massage your ECU. Cost works out a bit more for Sid's magic but the grin on your face will make up for it when you just feather the throttle.
When is this new product from RD going to release in market which as you say will also control turbo pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What you are talking about controlling turbo pressure applies only to cars with VGT right? Cars with FGT need not worry before plunking in a tuning box?
I am also curious to know the answer for this question
Attached Images

Old 15th September 2012, 19:22   #37
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I have myself used a Pete's Box in my previous car for almost 40K kms and never had an issue.

Btw, I just couldnt resist the tempation and plonked the RD box in my car.

When is this new product from RD going to release in market which as you say will also control turbo pressure?
The tuning box you had in the accent is an injector Modulation box and the RD box is a Rail Pressure box. When manufactured properly, injector modulation box is any day better than a rail pressure box. Rail pressure box put extra stress on fuel pump and it decreases the life of high pressure fuel pump. I suggest you wait for the new product from RD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
AFAIK, there are no different rules for FGT and VGT. Controlling turbo pressure applies to all the turbo charge engines. Please correct me if I am wrong.
anb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 14:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The tuning box you had in the accent is an injector Modulation box and the RD box is a Rail Pressure box. When manufactured properly, injector modulation box is any day better than a rail pressure box. Rail pressure box put extra stress on fuel pump and it decreases the life of high pressure fuel pump. I suggest you wait for the new product from RD.
Do you happen to know if the Pete's box for the Innova is a injector modulation box or a rail pressure box ? A member has used it for 40k in his Innova with no problems, so it must be pretty safe right ?

Also, when you say it reduces the life of the high pressure pump, how much does it do so by ? How long is it expected to last without a box and how much will the life reduce by if I add a tuning box ?

Quote:
AFAIK, there are no different rules for FGT and VGT. Controlling turbo pressure applies to all the turbo charge engines. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The new RD box works only on cars where the turbo boost is controlled by the ECU, as far as hatches go only the Punto 90 has this. So most of the FGT one's will have to go in for the old box only. This is what the designers of RD box told me.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

I got a RD DieselTronic Pro box installed on Manza and though its been driven only for 1000 kms as of now, there has been absolutely zero issues with respect to engine heat, smoke, or diesel clatter. RD also said that there will be no issues with the rail pressure box as the turbo pressure is managed by the ECU. Mine is a VGT turbo.

Overall its a very good buy at 19990 with respect to real world gains in everyday driving. I had also inquired with Petes but they are selling their box for 26k. The RD box works its magic more on the roll on speeds is what I feel which is what I would look at on the highways.

Last edited by motomaverick : 3rd October 2012 at 12:35.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:27   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Overall its a very good buy at 19990 with respect to real world gains in everyday driving. I had also inquired with Petes but they are selling their box for 26k. The RD box works its magic more on the roll on speeds is what I feel which is what I would look at on the highways.
I have the same feedback with RD box on my Cruze. As you rightly said, the roll-on figures have improved dramatically but, I feel the top speed may have come down

Do you feel the same way?
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have the same feedback with RD box on my Cruze. As you rightly said, the roll-on figures have improved dramatically but, I feel the top speed may have come down

Do you feel the same way?
Well I have not tried venturing to the top speed area as of now but I think it reaches 140 pretty quick than before in P1 mode. Will need to check on the top speed as with the stick the car touched a speedo indicated 156'ish.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:38   #42
BHPian

In gear accelerations has improved by miles in my 90HP along with a reduced turbo lag. From 3rd gear to max. the car is like a BULL . My top speed hasnt reduced on the contrary I feel I reach there much quickly. Have maxed 90 HP to just a few KM/H below the 2 ton mark. RPM at 4750.
I am almost touching 40K mark on my 90HP with around 25K on RD box - I feel my engine has become more smooth and angry.Not to forget - "0" issues faced with my car and with box as well.
RD is a must for 90HP VGTs - it just changes the game.

Last edited by scofield : 3rd October 2012 at 13:40.
scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
In gear accelerations has improved by miles in my 90HP along with a reduced turbo lag. From 3rd gear to max. the car is like a BULL . My top speed hasnt reduced on the contrary I feel I reach there much quickly. Have maxed 90 HP to just a few KM/H below the 2 ton mark. RPM at 4750.
I am almost touching 40K mark on my 90HP with around 25K on RD box - I feel my engine has become more smooth and angry.Not to forget - "0" issues faced with my car and with box as well.
RD is a must for 90HP VGTs - it just changes the game.
Great to know another successful owner of the RD box for more than 25k kms. So you say there is no roughness or increase in the clatter even after this many kms with the box? That really great to hear and encouraging for us. Just below the 2 ton mark? Where did you find roads to do that?

The best part of installing this box is its plug and play plus gives the car a sleeper car like mod that is worth the money.

Last edited by motomaverick : 3rd October 2012 at 14:00.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 09:53   #44
BHPian

Good News. RD now available in TyreX Cochin.
johnjojo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 10:11   #45
BHPian

Any idea about the price charged by Tyrex?
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote