Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 20:08   #481
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,506 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

@Racedynamics
When can we expect a dual channel tuning box for the new Innova Crysta?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 12:21   #482
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai/Jamshedp
Posts: 319
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
any long term review on non intercooler innova?
I am planning to get a single channel for my 50k run innova
Update:
I got it. Very happy with the performance ( only using p1)
Car feels better to drive in city as well as on highway.
I drive Innova very sedately (never above 100 even on four-laned). I don't have any numbers but car has become much enjoyable. My daily commute has gone up from 4 kms to 15 now ( detours on good roads)
Would highly recommend, especially for people who have been bored with their current steeds.


Special note on their customer service: I am in Jharkhand where Amazon doesn't deliver. I coordinated over phone and had a friend pick up from Bangalore. I got the wrong harness which I sent back through courier and they sent across the correct one. They were highly supportive through out, including instructions over phone to a local mechanic. No extra charges for sending harness

OT: Gave a test drive to a relative's driver who has driven various Innovas over 3 lakh kms, he was shocked .
Has started pestering me since to gift him one for his new Crysta

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 26th October 2016 at 12:23.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 17:12   #483
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 469
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post

Special note on their customer service: I am in Jharkhand where Amazon doesn't deliver. I coordinated over phone and had a friend pick up from Bangalore. I got the wrong harness which I sent back through courier and they sent across the correct one. They were highly supportive through out, including instructions over phone to a local mechanic. No extra charges for sending harness
If you spoke with Prashant from Racedynamics for your harness on 1st October, then it's a very small world indeed.

I overheard him talking to someone with an incorrect harness for an innova, which he promised to send over through courier. I was at their place to get my Dieseltronic map tweaked
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 22:23   #484
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 559
Thanked: 1,264 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Update:
I got it. Very happy with the performance ( only using p1)
Car feels better to drive in city as well as on highway.
I drive Innova very sedately (never above 100 even on four-laned). I don't have any numbers but car has become much enjoyable. My daily commute has gone up from 4 kms to 15 now ( detours on good roads)
Would highly recommend, especially for people who have been bored with their current steeds.
An considering the same for my 2nd Gen. Innova. Wanted feedback on 3 factors.

Does it make the drive smoother? As in does it reduce the engine noise that is so annoying.

What is the impact on fuel efficiency?

Are the maps switchable? Or do you need to start the engine (thought I read this somewhere)?
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 11:06   #485
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai/Jamshedp
Posts: 319
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
If you spoke with Prashant from Racedynamics for your harness on 1st October, then it's a very small world indeed.

I overheard him talking to someone with an incorrect harness for an innova, which he promised to send over through courier. I was at their place to get my Dieseltronic map tweaked
Sahi pakde hain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
An considering the same for my 2nd Gen. Innova. Wanted feedback on 3 factors.

Does it make the drive smoother? As in does it reduce the engine noise that is so annoying.

What is the impact on fuel efficiency?

Are the maps switchable? Or do you need to start the engine (thought I read this somewhere)?
1. Smoother: Definitely. Smoother and lesser noise on the move, that was my priority too and am happy on this.
2. FE - I never calculate. MID seems to show few decimals higher.
3. Innova( and fortuner) has a typical problem. You cannot shift on fly. Switch on , change map. restart.
I have not switched maps though. Had put on P1 and am happy. I keep the remote at home
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 12:49   #486
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
I have ordered a RaceDyanamics DieselTronic Lite for my Swift Diesel.
I am looking for Race Dynamics DieselTronic Lite for my Liva Diesel.

Hope you have installed it in your Swift diesel by now.

Can you let us know the performance of this device and is it simple plug and operate ?
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 16:54   #487
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 559
Thanked: 1,264 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Wanted to share my initial experience with the Dieseltronic Lite box on my 2nd Generation Toyota Innova

I was getting quite bugged with the NVH levels of the Innova. Otherwise, quite a brilliant and practical vehicle, the NVH levels were just way-too irritating.

Did a couple of things - switched to synthetic oil during my last service and also got the Dieseltronic Lite box installed. Why Lite? Unlike other vehicles, for the Innova (and perhaps the Fortuner too), you cannot change maps on the fly. You need to stop and start your engine for the new mode to kick in. Further the lite version was on sale on Amazon for 11K, so made it very value-for-money proposition.

Some initial thoughts

1. The vehicle has become incredibly agile within the city (yet to drive on the highway). Some of the annoying blank spots (e.g. between 4 & 5 gears) are gone.

2. Make the vehicle more fun-to-drive. Gear shifts have reduced and you can pull comfortably even if you are incorrectly in a higher gear, without forcing you to downshift.

3. NVH levels are better (but could be attributed to the switch to synthetic oil as well). It is bearable now.

4. Mileage seems to have increased. The on-board fuel efficiency indicated around 17.4kmpl. This is in 100% city traffic, with minimal AC (given recent weather conditions in Bangalore). I drive with a relatively light foot and I typically get a mileage of 14.5 kmpl (as indicated) which translates to an efficiency of 12.5kmpl (tankfull to tankfull method). Will need to see for a few more cycles to see if this sustains.

My last drive to work at peak hour returned an astonishing 22KMPL (on-board display) without AC. The average speed was around 22kmph, so that should give an indication of the traffic conditions.

So far so good, I must say.
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 15:33   #488
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 526
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Wanted to share my initial experience with the Dieseltronic Lite box on my 2nd Generation Toyota Innova
Going by your review. Even I have ordered a Dieseltronic Lite for Innova. Mine is a 2014 model sans intercooler.
Done about 42k kms. Hope to get a good engine response.

Also thinking about ordering another lite for my Brezza. The initial pick up in my Brezza is in the dumps and its difficult to drive it on the hills without dropping gears.

Besides its (Dieseltronic Lite box) is available online for ₹9,999.

Guys anyone else using the lite box on Swift or anything with Ddis engine? How's the engine performance?

Thanks

Rishi

Last edited by Eddy : 29th December 2016 at 17:40. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 17:12   #489
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Going by your review. Even I have ordered a Dieseltronic Lite for Innova. Mine is a 2014 model sans intercooler.
Done about 42k kms. Hope to get a good engine response.

Also thinking about ordering another lite for my Brezza. The initial pick up in my Brezza is in the dumps and its difficult to drive it on the hills without dropping gears.

Besides its (Dieseltronic Lite box) is available online for ₹9,999.

Guys anyone else using the lite box on Swift or anything with Ddis engine? How's the engine performance?

Thanks

Rishi
Why not spend that extra 5~7k and get a remap? This tuning box is great but your ecu knows your car best and the highest but healthiest state of tune can be achieved with a remap.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 17:35   #490
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,056
Thanked: 5,732 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Also thinking about ordering another lite for my Brezza. The initial pick up in my Brezza is in the dumps and its difficult to drive it on the hills without dropping gears.

Besides its (Dieseltronic Lite box) is available online for ₹9,999.
RD lite is a single channel box without switchable modes. I would suggest to go for dual channel box from RD or a remap. Dual channel box has very good gains, almost as good as remap. It's priced at 26000Rs. I am not sure if they are offering discount for dual channel box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Why not spend that extra 5~7k and get a remap? This tuning box is great but your ecu knows your car best and the highest but healthiest state of tune can be achieved with a remap.
Agreed!!

It's upto the user to decide. One who doesn't want that extra power all the time, warranty issues etc would prefer a tuning box. I have tested dual channel box on my friend's Jazz and it was very impressive. Even our Distinguished BHPian Sankar is using dual channel box on his new Innova Crysta and very happy.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 18:25   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I used the dual channel box in my Cruze.
I had a great experience with the power but somehow it felt that the engine was producing more power than the other components to handle and I switched to single channel mode. That helped to an extent but I'd never put a tuning box in its full power mode for daily use.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 18:42   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,056
Thanked: 5,732 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
That helped to an extent but I'd never put a tuning box in its full power mode for daily use.
RD box offers 4 driving modes for the same reason. Also RD can tweak the box as per your requirement. If you are in Bangalore, you would be lucky to tweak the box on their dyno .

I was using single channel box in Grand I10. There was decent power. Also after reading my review, one more guy got the box for I10. He says RD dynoed for him and there was 10 HP gain on P2 mode. Later I got a remap from TOT and that was more impressive compared to single channel box. So based on my experience, I would always go for a dual channel box if it's compatible with the car. Power-Torque graph must be better, I mean the peak figures would be held for longer in dual channel compared to single channel box.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 11:12   #493
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 526
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

I am thinking of getting a dual channel RD box only. Beside as its removable, its helpful for my usage.

Its 26k plus shipping on Amazon.in. Worth it or a remap is still better? I am located in NOIDA. Also, how difficult is the installation?
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 11:25   #494
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,890 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I'm a big fan of tuning boxes have used plenty and both in cars as well as on a motorcycle to know some of their characteristics. I'm not trying to sell anyone Race-dynamics Box but, just sharing my 2 cents having used it extensively on my previous vehicles

Love every bit of freedom it brings to table with respect to adding and removing to stock performance of an automobile except for the slight embarrassment of excessive black smoke from exhaust under hard accelaration (Race-dynamics is much better than Pete's box as they make the car smoke a lot more)

I would recommend everyone to go for the real deal and not fall for the single channel (supposedly, the LITE version) as dual channel is much more effective and is worth the money due to 4 options ( only 2 are worthwhile as Economy mode is actually a ridiculous option on a performance tuning box)

Folks looking at slightly improving their mileage can actually use P1 and with a light foot can gain a bit of improvement to their fuel averages

Now i drive a Ford Aspire which you may know is one stonker of a car in it's stock form and now it's time (crossed 23,000kms) on it and that urge is back again to either RD or Re-map it

My question is to folks here who have used both tuning boxes and re-maps to know if remaps are better than tuning boxes? If yes, why?

Also, the price for getting a re-map similar to tuning boxes?

Only thing gnawing at back of my mind is the irreversible nature of a remap

What do you recommend for a Ford Aspire? RD box or a re-map?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 11:44   #495
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My question is to folks here who have used both tuning boxes and re-maps to know if remaps are better than tuning boxes? If yes, why?
A tuning box of this sort comes with circuitry to 'fool' your ECU into increasing fueling or boost pressure (in a dual channel box, or just fuel pressure in a single channel box) without really checking the other parameters. A remap takes EVERYTHING into account before extracting more or less power from the engine.
For example, if a tuning box is programmed to provide boost pressure of x psi at 2000 rpm blindly, a remapped ECU may even be able to provide 1.5x psi of boost at 1800 rpm, if all is hunky dory.
Similarly, if an ECU is 'fooled' by the tuning box to pump more fuel, even when the Manifold pressure is adequate, and there is enough fuel going to the rails, you just waste more fuel, or risk putting extra stress on your components without actual consideration of all parameters.
Tuning boxes were popular due to the cost differential between a remap and them, earlier.
Also, most ECUs can now be tuned via OBD. Earlier, it meant removing the ECU and soldering some components on it which was unfavourable with some.
Now, a REMAP spells better value than a tuning box.
UNLESS, you buy a QUAD CHANNEL tuning box that is available nowadays, and measures a lot of values before providing optimal power. I'd recommend that, but still not over a remap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, the price for getting a re-map similar to tuning boxes?
Not much, now.
19k gets you a remap (it was 15k for christmas ) whereas a dual channel tuning box costs 26k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Only thing gnawing at back of my mind is the irreversible nature of a remap
Who said? You can go back to your stock file if your ECU can be flashed via OBD!
What do you recommend for a Ford Aspire? RD box or a re-map?

REMAP REMAP REMAP!

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2017 at 11:27. Reason: 2 smileys per post only :)
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2 Endeavour333 Modifications & Accessories 130 11th September 2017 01:24
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm CrAzY dRiVeR Modifications & Accessories 94 13th January 2017 09:51
Racedynamics DieselTRONIC - 2010 Ford Figo 1.4 icyspikey Modifications & Accessories 25 6th July 2016 19:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks