Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th October 2016, 20:01   #481
BHPian

Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
I have ordered a RaceDyanamics DieselTronic Lite for my Swift Diesel. It is a fairly new product but right now its very cheap considering there other offerings at 11k hence the order. Has anyone else tried this LITE version of dieseltronic in any car they provide it for ? what difference is there in performance and drivability ?
I had spoken to Racedynamics the other day, and was told that the LITE version has only one map and is somewhere between P1 and P2 modes of the regular box.
prkiran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 20:08   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

@Racedynamics
When can we expect a dual channel tuning box for the new Innova Crysta?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 12:21   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
any long term review on non intercooler innova?
I am planning to get a single channel for my 50k run innova
Update:
I got it. Very happy with the performance ( only using p1)
Car feels better to drive in city as well as on highway.
I drive Innova very sedately (never above 100 even on four-laned). I don't have any numbers but car has become much enjoyable. My daily commute has gone up from 4 kms to 15 now ( detours on good roads)
Would highly recommend, especially for people who have been bored with their current steeds.

Special note on their customer service: I am in Jharkhand where Amazon doesn't deliver. I coordinated over phone and had a friend pick up from Bangalore. I got the wrong harness which I sent back through courier and they sent across the correct one. They were highly supportive through out, including instructions over phone to a local mechanic. No extra charges for sending harness

OT: Gave a test drive to a relative's driver who has driven various Innovas over 3 lakh kms, he was shocked .
Has started pestering me since to gift him one for his new Crysta

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 26th October 2016 at 12:23.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 17:12   #484
BHPian

Quote:

Special note on their customer service: I am in Jharkhand where Amazon doesn't deliver. I coordinated over phone and had a friend pick up from Bangalore. I got the wrong harness which I sent back through courier and they sent across the correct one. They were highly supportive through out, including instructions over phone to a local mechanic. No extra charges for sending harness
If you spoke with Prashant from Racedynamics for your harness on 1st October, then it's a very small world indeed.

I overheard him talking to someone with an incorrect harness for an innova, which he promised to send over through courier. I was at their place to get my Dieseltronic map tweaked
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 22:23   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
I got it. Very happy with the performance ( only using p1)
Car feels better to drive in city as well as on highway.
I drive Innova very sedately (never above 100 even on four-laned). I don't have any numbers but car has become much enjoyable. My daily commute has gone up from 4 kms to 15 now ( detours on good roads)
Would highly recommend, especially for people who have been bored with their current steeds.
An considering the same for my 2nd Gen. Innova. Wanted feedback on 3 factors.

Does it make the drive smoother? As in does it reduce the engine noise that is so annoying.

What is the impact on fuel efficiency?

Are the maps switchable? Or do you need to start the engine (thought I read this somewhere)?
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 11:06   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
If you spoke with Prashant from Racedynamics for your harness on 1st October, then it's a very small world indeed.

I overheard him talking to someone with an incorrect harness for an innova, which he promised to send over through courier. I was at their place to get my Dieseltronic map tweaked
Sahi pakde hain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
An considering the same for my 2nd Gen. Innova. Wanted feedback on 3 factors.

Does it make the drive smoother? As in does it reduce the engine noise that is so annoying.

What is the impact on fuel efficiency?

Are the maps switchable? Or do you need to start the engine (thought I read this somewhere)?
1. Smoother: Definitely. Smoother and lesser noise on the move, that was my priority too and am happy on this.
2. FE - I never calculate. MID seems to show few decimals higher.
3. Innova( and fortuner) has a typical problem. You cannot shift on fly. Switch on , change map. restart.
I have not switched maps though. Had put on P1 and am happy. I keep the remote at home
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 12:49   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
I have ordered a RaceDyanamics DieselTronic Lite for my Swift Diesel.
I am looking for Race Dynamics DieselTronic Lite for my Liva Diesel.

Hope you have installed it in your Swift diesel by now.

Can you let us know the performance of this device and is it simple plug and operate ?
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote