Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 10:30   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 3,473 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I have a rather trivial query for RD DieselTronic users. How do you know which mode the box is currently in, if at some sudden point of time you wanted to know? I may not remember what mode the car was in, say after a few hours or days of using the car.

I read earlier in this thread that there are 1, 2, 3 or 4 LED flashes when I set the mode to their respective slots. Let us say I drive some 200km during the week and after a week I just want to know what mode it is currently in (obviously forgotten my previous setting). I didn't see any LEDs next to the buttons on the remote. Any way to find out this in realtime?

Of course, we might say I can just press the button of whichever mode I want to engage when I drive, but that's not my question.

P.S - I am mighty interested in getting this Pro box for my Punto 90, after the running-in period is complete.

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th October 2012 at 10:37.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 10:35   #47
BHPian
 
scofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I have a rather trivial query for RD DieselTronic users. How do you know which mode the box is currently in, if at some sudden point of time you wanted to know?
Karthik,

Just press the pedal. P2 is strong enough to give you a surge, P1 when you feel the difference in the low torque delivery, Stock - is Stock and Economy - when even an Alto overtakes you inspite of pressing the pedal.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 10:55   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 3,473 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Karthik,

Just press the pedal. P2 is strong enough to give you a surge, P1 when you feel the difference in the low torque delivery, Stock - is Stock and Economy - when even an Alto overtakes you inspite of pressing the pedal.
That is my next question - how bad is the economy mode in terms of pull? Is it as bad as being overtaken by an Alto ?? Does it knock off 30-40% of the peak torque and power (opposite of what the P2 mode does) or is it manageable?? I ask this because, I can have this option for peak hour bumper-to-bumper traffic where I can maximize kmpl.

And seriously speaking, how much of a gain can I get in fuel efficiency with the E mode? Just out of curiosity, is it in the region of 20-21 kmpl for a Punto 90 in the city *lol*?

On a lighter note, this RD box seems to be able to turn the car into a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type split personality. I can pass a Beat diesel in the E mode and ask him "kitna deti hai?" and put him to shame with the kmpl figures. Minutes later, I can switch it to P2 mode, pull over next to a Vento TDI on the expressway and ask him "got bhp?" and put him to shame as well. Best of both worlds?

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th October 2012 at 10:58.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 11:15   #49
BHPian
 
scofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
That is my next question - how bad is the economy mode in terms of pull? Is it as bad as being overtaken by an Alto ?? Does it knock off 30-40% of the peak torque and power (opposite of what the P2 mode does) or is it manageable?? I ask this because, I can have this option for peak hour bumper-to-bumper traffic where I can maximize kmpl.
It happend with me so I wrote the Alto experience - I guess that would be a mixture of both E mode (less fuel ) and turbo lag.
E mode is opposite to P1 rather then P2,if it would have been latter car would have been dead.

Quote:
And seriously speaking, how much of a gain can I get in fuel efficiency with the E mode? Just out of curiosity, is it in the region of 20-21 kmpl for a Punto 90 in the city *lol*?
I dont drive in E at all as i hate to snail, I drive mostly in P2 and really dont know how much would you save - but in be it B2B or a quick spin - on an average I get around 15.3 KMPL, with which I am very happy.

Quote:
On a lighter note, this RD box seems to be able to turn the car into a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type split personality. I can pass a Beat diesel in the E mode and ask him "kitna deti hai?" and put him to shame with the kmpl figures. Minutes later, I can switch it to P2 mode, pull over next to a Vento TDI on the expressway and ask him "got bhp?" and put him to shame as well. Best of both worlds?
Vento TDi wouldnt be a big ask, I have even managed to nudge the very famous Optra diesel as well, lost a quick zap with a Cruze though
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 11:41   #50
BHPian
 
johnjojo08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 101
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Any idea about the price charged by Tyrex?
I think it should be same all over India. 19990/-
johnjojo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 18:59   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I drove Scofield's Punto on friday and i can say one word, Amazing!!

Amazing for his punto 90 hp, the best maintained punto i have ever seen. Engine is butter smooth in stock, remains butter smooth in P1 mode and continues to stay butter smooth in P2 all the way upto one hundred and eighty kmph.

The engine doesn't feel strained even a bit. The hot hatch already had the best handling, best ride quality and best safety amongst all hatches.

Add to it the RD box and the car is a total hit.

I was blown away with the throttle response and the pull the RD box added to the 90hp punto.

I am not too pro for adding just extra fuel and not air, but those who dont mind going for the CR type tuning boxes, RD dieseltronic is the best option with shift on fly
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 09:55   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
I have a rather trivial query for RD DieselTronic users. How do you know which mode the box is currently in, if at some sudden point of time you wanted to know? I may not remember what mode the car was in, say after a few hours or days of using the car.

I read earlier in this thread that there are 1, 2, 3 or 4 LED flashes when I set the mode to their respective slots. Let us say I drive some 200km during the week and after a week I just want to know what mode it is currently in (obviously forgotten my previous setting). I didn't see any LEDs next to the buttons on the remote. Any way to find out this in realtime?

Of course,
Karthik the LEDs can be seen blinking on the box. The remote does not have any indications except for when a button is pressed. Even i wanted to make sure of the mode the car was in and i could easily do it by looking at the box. Plus the box retains the last used mode when its switched off.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 13:37   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Hi

Just curious to know if I install the RD box in my liva gd will it reduce the engine noise of the car.

Am sure there are a lot of liva gd owners out here who are fed up of the engine noise which gets into the cabin when the car is under acceleration. It gets super noisy and is highly irritating.

Will getting this box fitted into the car reduce the noise or is there any other way to sort this issue out?

Thanks
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 14:28   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819
Hi

Just curious to know if I install the RD box in my liva gd will it reduce the engine noise of the car.

Am sure there are a lot of liva gd owners out here who are fed up of the engine noise which gets into the cabin when the car is under acceleration. It gets super noisy and is highly irritating.

Will getting this box fitted into the car reduce the noise or is there any other way to sort this issue out?

Thanks
I doubt if a diesel tuning box will help reduce engine noise. Infact I've heard many owners report increased engine noise with a tuning box.

If you are so sick of engine noise filtering into the cabin,you can try damping the doors and under hood insulation if its already not there.

You can go for a remap as a last option and risk voiding your warranty. A particular rapid owner on the forum has reported less noise on acceleration post remap.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 7th October 2012 at 14:30.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 15:05   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819
Hi

Just curious to know if I install the RD box in my liva gd will it reduce the engine noise of the car.

Am sure there are a lot of liva gd owners out here who are fed up of the engine noise which gets into the cabin when the car is under acceleration. It gets super noisy and is highly irritating.

Will getting this box fitted into the car reduce the noise or is there any other way to sort this issue out?

Thanks
The engine noise seeping into the cabin is due to the thickness of the metal used as well as damping. U can go for what shashank has said as well as sometimes under body coating also helps reduce tire noise.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 12:22   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,293
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I have the Rd box on my Elantra. You really have to drive with the box to actually feel the increase in throttle response and drivability in P1 Mode. Barely feel the need for P2 unless I'm the first car at the lights!

Great stuff! Ask them for a demo if you can!
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 12:56   #57
Newbie
 
nik88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

A friend was interested in getting one for his Cruze, and so we dropped down to Race Dynamics. I must say DieselTronic is a quality product, well made and packaged.

These guys know what they are doing. It is a total makeover with regard to the driveability, smoothening out jerking and hardly any lag. P2 has just amazed me with the difference in power and torque, as compared to the stock mapping's capabilities.

A quick way to boost performance with the easy plug and play system, i'd say the RD DieselTronic is an amazing product.
Attached Thumbnails
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-282345_10152135381910232_1961047602_n.jpg  

nik88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 17:17   #58
BHPian
 
NFS_1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kaushambhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik88 View Post
A quick way to boost performance with the easy plug and play system, i'd say the RD DieselTronic is an amazing product.
I have a figo and got RD installed after completing 6K, Its 12K on odo now, all i say is that its true about the 'difference" that different modes offer. And enough is said already but I have not seen any incredible difference in milage as claimed.

I was later told by RD folks that for Figo P1 is best for mileage, since then i starting having doubts on there claims. So i am 70% satisfied and would like to know if there is a way to technically/clinically test the claims made for remaining 30%.

NFS_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 12:46   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 3,473 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Karthik the LEDs can be seen blinking on the box. The remote does not have any indications except for when a button is pressed. Even i wanted to make sure of the mode the car was in and i could easily do it by looking at the box. Plus the box retains the last used mode when its switched off.
So everytime I need to check what mode it is currently in, I have to open the bonnet and check the box? that's a tad bit impractical in my opinion. Considering it retains / remembers the mode even after switching off/on the engine, I would have preferred if they had small, individual LEDs next to the mode buttons on the remote, to indicate what mode is currently active. It shouldn't cost too much of time, effort, or money for them to add those small LEDs.

Either way the LEDs are not a dealbreaker for me, but I will definitely try suggesting this to the RD guys when I go to their store to get my box.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th October 2012 at 12:48.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 13:06   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
I have a figo and got RD installed after completing 6K, Its 12K on odo now, all i say is that its true about the 'difference" that different modes offer. And enough is said already but I have not seen any incredible difference in milage as claimed.

I was later told by RD folks that for Figo P1 is best for mileage, since then i starting having doubts on there claims. So i am 70% satisfied and would like to know if there is a way to technically/clinically test the claims made for remaining 30%.

They claim some 15% increase in mileage in P1, up till now in city conditions I have been able to see 8% increase. So yeah 15% might be a tall claim but even 8% gives me 1.8kpl more than stock as per the MID. I will take that any day given the improvement in how the car drives now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
So everytime I need to check what mode it is currently in, I have to open the bonnet and check the box? that's a tad bit impractical in my opinion. Considering it retains / remembers the mode even after switching off/on the engine, I would have preferred if they had small, individual LEDs next to the mode buttons on the remote, to indicate what mode is currently active. It shouldn't cost too much of time, effort, or money for them to add those small LEDs.

Either way the LEDs are not a dealbreaker for me, but I will definitely try suggesting this to the RD guys when I go to their store to get my box.
Lol yeah it is a tad bit impractical, in fact a lot of suggestion has gone to those guys including coming up with a in-dash module. I guess once they decide to upgrade or update the module we might see some changes but right now they are busy selling these units

By the way you have a T-jet correct? so does RD have anything for petrol cars?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Racedynamics DieselTRONIC - 2010 Ford Figo 1.4 icyspikey Modifications & Accessories 25 6th July 2016 19:43
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm CrAzY dRiVeR Modifications & Accessories 89 8th September 2015 07:21
Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2 Endeavour333 Modifications & Accessories 128 8th February 2014 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks