Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th June 2012, 17:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Universal Steering Remote with Learning Function - Mini Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I agree that it would have been much better to have attached the remote to the left side of the wheel, but if you
would just look plain ugly. Everyone may not agree, this is just my opinion.
Thanks. Maybe it is possible in cars that have the HU mounted on top of the console? I was thinking about buying one for my car. Will have to forget it since the steering wheel cover is stitched around the steering.
fast&furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 18:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
Thanks. Maybe it is possible in cars that have the HU mounted on top of the console? I was thinking about buying one for my car. Will have to forget it since the steering wheel cover is stitched around the steering.
Yes, probably. Or you may see post #7 in this thread, where @Champion has mentioned about a steering remote from Pioneer. This remote is designed to be fitted on either side of the steering wheel, so it may serve the purpose quite well. However, from the picture posted, the remote does not seem to have a play/pause button, which is the first thing I would look for in a remote.
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 22:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Yes, probably. Or you may see post #7 in this thread, where @Champion has mentioned about a steering remote from Pioneer. This remote is designed to be fitted on either side of the steering wheel, so it may serve the purpose quite well. However, from the picture posted, the remote does not seem to have a play/pause button, which is the first thing I would look for in a remote.
I guess that remote mentioned in post #7 is for Pioneer HUs. AFAIK, the stock HU on the Etios is a Panasonic one. So it might not work.

And about the play/pause button. I don't think they are foolish enough to exclude such an important function. The power button might be the play/pause button as well. Press the power button once for play/pause. Keep pressing it for power on/power off.
Old 4th June 2012, 23:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
I guess that remote mentioned in post #7 is for Pioneer HUs. AFAIK, the stock HU on the Etios is a Panasonic one. So it might not work.

And about the play/pause button. I don't think they are foolish enough to exclude such an important function. The power button might be the play/pause button as well. Press the power button once for play/pause. Keep pressing it for power on/power off.
I assume you are correct. However, before buying the remote I bought, Mr.Sandeep, the seller, advised me to look at TS200, which I did. It did not seem to have the play/pause function, and neither could he provide any assurance regarding the same. Hence, I have been apprehensive about it ever since..
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 11:35   #20
BHPian

Pioneer steering mounted remote is a universal type at least company claimed so in the packet. It can be stopped, start or change the media by pressing the 'SRC' button.
tasuray is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 17:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasuray View Post
Pioneer steering mounted remote is a universal type at least company claimed so in the packet. It can be stopped, start or change the media by pressing the 'SRC' button.
Thanks a lot tasuray. When the SRC button is pressed, it changes the source of the media(like AUX,USB etc) right? Do you know of any online store that sells this remote? None of the shops in my city have this 'universal' Pioneer remote. The Pioneer remotes they have can be used with Pioneer HUs only.
Old 10th June 2012, 18:04   #22
BHPian

@fast&furious -- Yes when 'SRC' button is pressed, it changes the source i.e. AUX to CD, USB to tuner so and so etc. Prolonged pressing of the 'SRC' button will stop the system. Again press the same button system will start from the last track it was playing.www.e-bay.in sells the remote but their price seems to be on the higher side to me.
Regards.
tasuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 15:52   #23
BHPian

The one I saw at eBay costs Rs.5408!!! But I guess that's because it's an imported product. But I noticed this on the page : PIONEER CDSR100 STEERING WHEEL REMOTE CONTROL;FOR USE WITH ALL PIONEER REMOTE-CAPABLE IP-BUS CD PLAYERS.

So I'm not sure about its compatibility with other CD players.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:01   #24
BHPian

Pl. check Junglee.com: Shop Online and Compare Prices for Books, Mobiles, Clothing and More.
tasuray is offline   Reply With Quote