Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th April 2010, 14:56   #241
BHPian

Hey Vik your car looks beautiful. Can you just tell how did you installed the new speedometer console and from where did you get it, it looks very neat!
its.me.ankur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 15:12   #242
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.me.ankur View Post
Hey Vik your car looks beautiful. Can you just tell how did you installed the new speedometer console and from where did you get it, it looks very neat!

its a limited edition car so came factory fitted.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 18:08   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
Great pics UniqueMods. I tried searching in US,but couldnt get it in local store for Sunpro tacho..

Would you tell me where did you manage to get one in India. Also I'm looking for a bit bigger size may be 33/4 or 5''.. with shift light ?

Please let me know.
Ebay or Amazon (i forgot) to a friend staying in US. he carried it to India.
Mine is a 3 3/4 inch tacho with a inbuilt shift light RED LED. Rs. 1700 on Ebay.
Fitting was done by N1 eng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
its a limited edition car so came factory fitted.

Pramod
A.S.S in mumbai are ready to fit this LE console in any santro zing for 7K+. too expensive IMO.

UM

Last edited by UniqueMods : 7th April 2010 at 18:13.
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 18:56   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
The latest addition to my Santro is now a front centre armrest.

Time - 4 hrs.
Total cost - metal was 200 and leatherwork was 100.
Idea was mine but not a DIY.
UM, that is a nice idea. Have you experienced any issue due to the handrest? like, while changing gears etc.

This is a nice one to have for long drives for sure. Thanks for sharing your work.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 10:44   #245
Senior - BHPian

thanks Ankur and yes Pramod is right, the console came as an OEM part on my Limited edition santro.
Vik0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 10:57   #246
Senior - BHPian

Default Santro Xing - Shocks & Brake Pads Query

Hey guys, I need some serious help out here for adding some new hardware on my ride.

For starters, I have a Xing which runs on 15" rims. Have had no issues till date but was just wondering if I could upgrade the Shocks (Front & Rear) to any of the sportier ones and as well change the Brake pads.

I have no clue on which to opt for when it comes to Shock absorbers. I might be wrong but I guess Shocks can as well pitch in for performance improvement. If Yes, please advice me on which shocks to go in for in Bangalore and the cost as well. I have done about 30k on my Xing and want the parts to be new. As well, should I only Change the Brake pads or the entire setup. Would really appreciate info on cost for the same as well.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:02   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
UM, that is a nice idea. Have you experienced any issue due to the handrest? like, while changing gears etc.

This is a nice one to have for long drives for sure. Thanks for sharing your work.
There is no problem changing gears, it actually helps and more comfortable.

I opted to get mine made and not use the ready-made compartment type armrest available in the market that covers the handbrake and is difficult to pull it.

Plus the height, width and length can be specific as per driver.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 15:16   #248
BHPian

15 " rims on the Santro !
Buddy, can you pls share your experinece of post putting such heavy footwear on the car. People think twice before going to even 14 inchers here.

I mean how has the impact been on performance, handling, ride comfort, FE ?
Does it create any issues ?

Sorry, answering your question with a question here
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 16:04   #249
Senior - BHPian

haha jigbarai I wouldn't be surprised at your amusement about a 15"cher on a Xing. One thing I cn assure you is that its a total "HEAD TURNER" !! People, Passers by, kids, petro heads, all of them would either Love 'em or Hate 'em bt just can't ignore them!! Man it feels good

Coming to Performance, well I don't drive on dirt tracks or in rallies, but yes on Highways its very stable and literally glides. I dont know if the performance has increased or decreased bt the Feel Good Factor has Tripled!!
I could care less about FE since I dont drive more than 20Km during weekdays and a max of 50km on weekends.
Handling is Awesome but yes Ride is Harsh, not somthing that you would require Industrial Glue to hold you on your seat. I can live with it and sure's Hell Love with it.
Its been about 3 months now since I have been running on these 15" rims and have had no issues yet. I make it a point to slow to a crawl on potholes and rough patches though, but then again I've been driving this way since the stock 13" Alloys and am used to it.

I was looking for high duty shocks(if available) or atleast sporty ones since this Sunshine Car would stay with me for a loooooooong time.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th April 2010 at 16:07.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:07   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For starters, I have a Xing which runs on 15" rims. Have had no issues till date but was just wondering if I could upgrade the Shocks (Front & Rear) to any of the sportier ones and as well change the Brake pads.
You definitely can upgrade the struts/springs and IMO it should be possible. In Bangalore the best thing to do is contact methodsonline (methodsonline.com) for koni struts.

I dont know if any fellow member has upgraded the suspension on the forum here. Honestly I haven't seen a single thread with regards to this. Maybe other members should be able to assist.

Quote:
but yes on Highways its very stable and literally glides
The million dollar question , suspension upgrade " FOR WHAT " ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 17:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

LOL guess its worth pretty much, the Question rjstyles69!!! haha

Well buddy its not that I would wanna Beg, Borrow or Steal the shocks for my xing but was just wondering if I need to. Have heard from couple guys on the forum that 15" rims can be an overkill on Stock Shocks and Brakes. If it really is, then I would rather change them than the Rims. Please advice me on this.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:47   #252
Senior - BHPian

Default sideways on the santro mods learning curve..

Hi everyone.
I’ve been passively active on the forum for a long time now, but finally decided to partake.
I had some specific ideas for my 2002 santro but had been putting it off for the last 2-3 years either due to lack of knowledge or for some other reason.Well, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to just go for it.
Idea was to change the exhaust system, ICE, tuneups, tyres etc.
And thanks to ALL the threads here….
I was able to get an idea of what to get and for how much,roundabouts…
2 weeks of going through most of the threads here, and not just for the mods, but also because there’s a lot of interesting stuff happening here.
So….finally splurged…
Got an aftermarket end-can fitted, overhauled my old speakers, got a new HU, shifted to tubeless tyres, and a full body repaint(no bling,just plain old metallic silver).
The exhaust note is nice, definitely, but I agree with most people’s view here, that there is only a “perceived” performance gain.all I seem to be doing is just riding higher revs in each gear just for the noise, and the way the note changes.definitely makes for more sprightly performance,but nothing that could not have been achieved with the old exhaust using the same heavy foot.Although revs rise more smoothly to max speed in each gear.
Stereo setup?
Well, I have stuck to my Malaysian 2150’s for the past 10 years, and theyre now serving me in my third car.Never a problem. I tried living with other speakers, but always ended up swapping them with my boxed 2150’s.I know there are a thousand new and better units on sale, but somehow……cant let em go.same goes for the 222 amp and xplod sub.
But hey, getting them serviced, putting in new wiring, and a new sony HU…. just feels like heaven now!!!
I’m so glad I did!

As for tubeless tyres, I made a slight goof.
I had 165’s earlier, and god knows how, approved a 155 set at the dealer….newbie mistake I suppose..

Next up, mags.
Planning to put in something new every month….
As I read somewhere here, once you start, its impossible to stop…
Happy like a child in a candy store when I got the car back y’day……….grinning away…
Cheers,and thanks guys…

Last edited by Samurai : 16th April 2010 at 11:25. Reason: removed font tags
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 11:19   #253
Senior - BHPian

hey Mayan, congrats on all your thoughts and consequent actions. Don't know if its just Me who's seeing things around here but your post looks like some XML program!!

Nevertheless, can you please post some pics of your ride in case you are through with all the mods you had planned!
Old 16th April 2010, 11:51   #254
Senior - BHPian

hey, sorry about that.
Its probably because of the copy-paste from word.

as for the mods,not through yet,but will definitely be sharing here.
changed my plan a bit,though.
I'm planning to get headers first.
I'm getting the layouts and measurements done tomorrow for fabrication(if that IS what its called).Read a few few bad experiences here regarding gremlins at the time of final fitting.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 12:00   #255
Senior - BHPian

You should definitely try to get in touch with a fellow t-bhpian named "Jassi". He had a santro with a beautiful sounding exhausts. Everyone like it. And it looked neat too. He is from banglore.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote