Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 11:40   #1
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Baleno - Center Armrest for Driver seat

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get a center armrest for the front-seat in Baleno? Some people say Baleno already has armrest for driver, but i find its too far back and i cannot keep my arm on it.

So if there is anything good armrest available (sliding type preferred) in bangalore, please let me know.

cheers.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 23:09   #2
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get a center armrest for the front-seat in Baleno? Some people say Baleno already has armrest for driver, but i find its too far back and i cannot keep my arm on it.

So if there is anything good armrest available (sliding type preferred) in bangalore, please let me know.

cheers.
Comon guys, I thought this was a great den of Baleno owners.....

With so many owner, not a single one of you got the 'center armrest' fixed in your car.

Autogurus......SupremeBaleno, McLaren, Shuvc, Viper where are u guys
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 03:32   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

One of my friends got one put in his Ford Ikon.
The guy who did it was

Bimbra Enterprises, Rajinder Nagar, Delhi. his ad is in one of the recent autocar india's.
abhishek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 10:17   #4
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Well i found the front armrest for the baleno quite good actually , however at times while powershifting the elbow does get a good impact .. If u want an arm rest u could check with most of the shops at J.C.Road or contact Car Fancy next to koramangala fab mall .. Anwar should be able to fabricate one for u ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

I too find it ok .. guess it's because I sit with the seat pushed back quite a distance. I would actually prefer if the gear lever was located say an inch behind the current position
shuvc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 14:17   #6
BHPian
 
a4_attitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 442
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2
One of my friends got one put in his Ford Ikon.
The guy who did it was

Bimbra Enterprises, Rajinder Nagar, Delhi. his ad is in one of the recent autocar india's.
does he make customise armset??
do you have any contact details am also luking for armrest for my Sera
Gud Day
W.A
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 19:29   #7
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well i found the front armrest for the baleno quite good actually , however at times while powershifting the elbow does get a good impact .. If u want an arm rest u could check with most of the shops at J.C.Road or contact Car Fancy next to koramangala fab mall .. Anwar should be able to fabricate one for u ..
Guys, thanks for your responses.

McLaren, I guess you tall (6' +) and keep your seat back.....else i believe its difficult use the original armrest
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 19:58   #8
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Guys, thanks for your responses.

McLaren, I guess you tall (6' +) and keep your seat back.....else i believe its difficult use the original armrest
AHHHAAAA .. That would be the exact expression of all those guys who have met me till date ... Im just 5 feet 5 inches and popularly known as "Stuart Little" on the ICE sections ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 20:04   #9
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
AHHHAAAA .. That would be the exact expression of all those guys who have met me till date ... Im just 5 feet 5 inches and popularly known as "Stuart Little" on the ICE sections ..
McLaren, then how are you able to keep your arm on the center armrest ?? b'cos even i am 5'6".....but i can keep my arm only when i pull the seat all way back, and i cant touch the ABC pedals
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2006, 21:00   #10
BHPian
 
satan_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i find the current arm rest ok as well. i am abt 5'7" and sit way back too. it eventually boils down to your driving position and what you are comfortable with. i think tucson provides the sliding arm-rest you are talking about. how about checking if you can get that in their accessories division? not quite sure if it'll fit into baleno though.

s
satan_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2006, 22:10   #11
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
i find the current arm rest ok as well. i am abt 5'7" and sit way back too. it eventually boils down to your driving position and what you are comfortable with. i think tucson provides the sliding arm-rest you are talking about. how about checking if you can get that in their accessories division? not quite sure if it'll fit into baleno though.

s
I have seen the sliding arm rest in the higher version of the Hyundai Accent as well, i think its the GLS version which has ABS and stuff. Its pretty neat and useful coz its tucked into the side of the front drivers seat itself rather than being plonked in between the 2 front seats like the one in the Baleno. I find it an obstacle in my Baleno since it bangs into my elbow badly when i shift gears. BTW, i stand at exactly 6 feet.

Cheers
prince85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Center to make air-conditioned driver cabins in buses & trucks mandatory darklord Commercial Vehicles 23 27th January 2016 18:15
DIY : Etios Front Center Armrest raghuvir DIY - Do it yourself 12 7th March 2013 12:58
Centre Armrest For Rear Seat honeybee Modifications & Accessories 9 28th April 2011 08:43
Front seat armrest for Palio himanshugoswami Modifications & Accessories 35 24th September 2007 11:55
DRIVER TALENT:- How do u judge a good track driver from a good street driver memo45_m Indian Motorsport 27 18th May 2006 07:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks