Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd November 2007, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Default koi jawaab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsatish View Post
btw: how effective are these engine immobilisers in Maruti swift etc., maruti is advertising big time about its safety...
Hello
any answers / ideas on the above query please?
jvsatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 07:46   #17
BHPian

FIAT Adventure comes with central locking, and i am thinking to install gear lock from autocop.
Any thing else which can be done??
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 21:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

jvsathish, I cannot give a direct answer, but I have a low-end autocop keyless system installed; took this one because other autocop systems have the engine immobilisers also. The minus point is that it is not very flexible (I cannot get to do a silent operation). Only accessory I recommend from the dealer.

@hrsraghav; go ahead. Remember that most security systems are only deterrents; not 100% effective.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 13:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Car security systems, howsoever advanced and strong, are not 100% theft proof and that includes the good ole cattlechain put across the differential and staked to the ground with a huge padlock.

I was once informed by a senior police official, since retired, who claimed to have cracked many auto-theft cases that while attempting to steal a vehicle the first 15 mins are the golden period for the thief coz, if he/she can't steal within that period, then abandons the process.

What these security devices do is to delay and create hurdles so that the thief leaves that car if can't break-in within the first 15 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
jvsathish, I cannot give a direct answer, but I have a low-end autocop keyless system installed; took this one because other autocop systems have the engine immobilisers also. The minus point is that it is not very flexible (I cannot get to do a silent operation). Only accessory I recommend from the dealer.

@hrsraghav; go ahead. Remember that most security systems are only deterrents; not 100% effective.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 13:05   #20
BHPian

Exclamation

hello

im planning to install a secutiry sytem.Would it be better to go for ones provided by dealer(hyundai) or other market products like xenos or autocop. The idea is to make sure no unwanted warranty voids due to careless insatallations. Hope to get some advise on this.

thanks
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 13:29   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
hello

im planning to install a secutiry sytem.Would it be better to go for ones provided by dealer(hyundai) or other market products like xenos or autocop. The idea is to make sure no unwanted warranty voids due to careless insatallations. Hope to get some advise on this.

thanks
It is always best to have a security system fitted by the dealer. Ensure that your warranty is intact and you can always go back to them to get it serviced if any problems occur.

Last edited by gpa : 30th July 2009 at 13:31. Reason: extra info
gpa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 09:45   #22
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
It is always best to have a security system fitted by the dealer. Ensure that your warranty is intact and you can always go back to them to get it serviced if any problems occur.
can someone update on what brand of security system (is it autocop?)hyundai guys provide and its reviews
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 22:04   #23
BHPian

How secure the security system really is??
I installed a Xenos in my OHC this week. The next day I went to a local garage for some work but landed up getting the autolock activated and hene me stuck outside the car.
The garage guy just reached out for a steel foot ruler, pushed it in the slit betwn the glass and the rubber lining pushed it down a couple of times and wallahh...the door unlocked. All in just 15 seconds flat!!!

I just felt the bucks spent on the system do down the drain..
Sunilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 22:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

New gen: Look at security by vibration detector and car tracking rather than just locking system.
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 22:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilb View Post
The garage guy just reached out for a steel foot ruler, pushed it in the slit betwn the glass and the rubber lining pushed it down a couple of times and wallahh...the door unlocked. All in just 15 seconds flat!!!

I just felt the bucks spent on the system do down the drain..
I've myself opened my old M800 and my current santro with rulers.
Recently once when i cam back home, and was home alone, I accidently turned ignition to ON, after parking the car and got down to close the garage gate, All my house-hold keys were on dash board, and The Doors Got locked in a few seconds, with my car music was running, my house keys inside, duplicate remote inside house which was Locked with multiple locks.

I had to take out the Glass Lining, a metal strip outside the door window glass, then using a torch push the LEVER with a metal ruler, which unlocked the door and saved me from staying away whole night.

But there's some Metal Plate available which can be used to prevent this Entry point, I think it costs Rs.150-300 to get it installed, but after this you should never get locked out, as only thing after this would be either to Break/Remove Glass or call the auto-cop guys.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 07:35   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anyone know where to get this metal late for Zen in Delhi. I tried searching for it but got only for M800.This is really useful .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 19:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Security System

Breaking News
News is that from today onwards your beloved two wheeler will have a very much safe Security System to it from prevent theft.
This system needs no special hands to set or reset, no electronics involved, drained battery is no issue, no remotes to keep in safe places etc etc .
All you have to do is go to a hardware shop buy a long and strong CHAIN with a Godrej NAVTAL lock. (Cheap, safe and best)
In the night all you will have to do is wrap this chain as shown in the photo and "CLICK" lock it and forget it to have peaceful sleep.
High end Bike owners are expected to use thicker and more stronger Chain.
Attached Thumbnails
Security System-hh-053.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 7th February 2012 at 19:08.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote