Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st April 2006, 09:40   #1

Default Security System

Hi ,
I wanted to know a good security system that i should be having for my new Scorpio DX, I head from the dealer that Nipon of 8K is fine for it, But i know one of my neighbour who lost his player on his scorpio which had a nipon security system, Hence i did not buy the Nipon one.

Any other suggessions ???????

-Raghu
raghu_gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 10:42   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_gg
Hi ,
I wanted to know a good security system that i should be having for my new Scorpio DX, I head from the dealer that Nipon of 8K is fine for it, But i know one of my neighbour who lost his player on his scorpio which had a nipon security system, Hence i did not buy the Nipon one.

-Raghu
Try Xenos from Pricol. They make water-proof remotes and have a lifetime warranty on their product. I am using this systm in my Esteem as well the Baleno.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 12:59   #3

Went with Auto Cop as was reputed. Did some analysis before buying. I also heard that it was with life tie warrenty, But reputation prompted me to go with Auto cop
raghu_gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 13:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_gg
Went with Auto Cop as was reputed. Did some analysis before buying. I also heard that it was with life tie warrenty, But reputation prompted me to go with Auto cop
Congrats on your choice. BTW, Pricol which makes Xenos Security System is much much more reputed than Auto-Cop .

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 13:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Just be sure that crimping of wire is avoided as tehy may cause warranty loss. Hyundai's cobra system fitted by hyundai service dont kill warranty and they dont need any wire cutting..kidn of plug an play sort.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 13:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Most security systems, be it Xenos, Autocop, FortKnox, Nippon or any other brand are just good as a central locking. Thats it. Beyond that their efficacy is of little value. Thieves and car jackers know how to get around these systems. In fact in US they did a study and found that these systems are only loud noise makers and a nuisance.

If you want to protect the car it is better to have something like a gear-lock or a steering lock (those big visible ones) installed. For audio systems take the face-plate with you when you are going to park the vehicle unattended for some time.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
For audio systems take the face-plate with you when you are going to park the vehicle unattended for some time.
Can anyone tell me if this is true. Can the thieves still make use of only the music system with out the face-plate? Can the music system still work if he uses some other matching face-plate? If yes, What is the use of making the detachable face-plate.
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 17:58   #8
BHPian

I was told by an accessories dealer when I went for after market fitments for my alto...that Xenos from Pricol was the best product in the market..which came with..lifetime warranty and was asking for Rs.3450/-....wanted to chk with guys here...and will it by any chance void my warranty...
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 20:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi all.
Any one having information on security system on offer from maruti in new cars? Are they fitting it on older cars as well for a price? The after market ones which have the so called immobilizer has only a starter cutout function which can be disabled by trained thief. The icat of maruti which uses digital coding to command ecu will keep thief away for sometime.
Is any of the aftermarket ones interfacing with ecu?
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy View Post
Can anyone tell me if this is true. Can the thieves still make use of only the music system with out the face-plate? Can the music system still work if he uses some other matching face-plate? If yes, What is the use of making the detachable face-plate.
I've wondered about this myself. Is the face plate the most expensive component in the music system? I can understand the logic if it costs (say) 80% of the setup. Any inputs, gurus?
Edsel Rulez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

How come your new Scorpio hasn't come fitted with a security system that comprises of engine immobiliser, central remote-locking system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_gg View Post
Hi ,

-Raghu
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Primarily it is very difficult to get just the matching face plate unless it has been plagiarised from another similar system.

Without the face plate, the thieves can only make use of some common components for plagiarising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy View Post
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
If you want to protect the car it is better to have something like a gear-lock or a steering lock (those big visible ones) installed. For audio systems take the face-plate with you when you are going to park the vehicle unattended for some time.
Any idea where I can get these in bangalore?

Someone tried to open my car, Getz, with autocop when i was out of bangalore. The door was open and autocop stopped working since then. Luckily,
I had taken out the sterio panel. I have lost faith in autocop security system. It just cries and my wife heard it crying after midnight when I was out of bangalore. She was scared to go out and check.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 23rd October 2007 at 14:16.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:20   #14
BHPian

Default engine immobilisers-how effective?

btw: how effective are these engine immobilisers in Maruti swift etc., maruti is advertising big time about its safety...
jvsatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:42   #15
BHPian

hello...
any answers for the above query please/
Satish
jvsatish is offline   Reply With Quote