| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th April 2006, 17:06||#1|
Pumped Up Honda !!!!
Guys i am not so sure if you managed to observe it, but did anyone closely observe the modded car in the video, "Pump It" of Black Eyed Peas??? The Black and Red Combo one. Its a Honda Civic for. Very nice mods there, nicely done, now why cant anybudy make such mods to their sedans, only exterior mods, i just love the colour combo!!!!
Now this is the Black Eyed Peas' Custom Civic Hybrid !
The BEP with the car ....
Ok now here are the some of the mods done......
1. Custom Paint - The Paint features a custom fireball-red flaked metallic red and metallic black coat with marbleized gold scrolling. The custom-designed graphics include The BEP "Angry" Monkey resting on the hood of the car, The BEP logo on both rear passenger doors, a custom hybrid logo adorning the gas cap, and each band member's signature on the vehicle.
2. Interior Customization : Red leather interiors with band's monkey logo. Custom black-paint headlights the dash, centre console and the upper door panels, and cream coloured leather accents the door panels. BEP logo on the floor mats too. A custom-installed Shure 55SH microphone shifts you into gear to get you rolling.
3. Alpine Electronics : Alpine Electronics is supplying a state-of-the-art mobile multimedia system for the Honda Civic Hybrid customized and autographed by The Black Eyed Peas. This system allows for multiple types of audio/video/navigation formats to be played in the car. Total retail value for each Alpine system is $10,000, which includes the custom installation.
Alpine's IVA-D310 DVD Mobile Multimedia Station™ is the control hub for each system. The IVA-D310 is an AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/WMA receiver with a 7-inch, motorized, widescreen monitor that fully retracts into the dash. The IVA-D310 features Alpine's exclusive PulseTouch™ technology, which gives users tactile confirmation feedback when the touch-screen display is pressed.
Providing bass to the 700-watt system are two Type-S 10-inch subwoofers, powered by two V12 amps. Two pairs of Type-S speakers, mounted on the front and rear of the car, offer crystal-clear sound reproduction.
Also the system includes a KCA-420i iPod Interface Adaptor making it ready for iPod™. This will allow users to connect an iPod to the audio system, allowing for iPod control through the IVA-D310.
Completing the system is Alpine's award-winning satellite-linked NVE-N872A navigation system, which provides turn-by-turn voice guidance to addresses in the continental U.S. The system is Satellite Traffic Ready, utilizing your choice of XM NavTraffic and comes with a Zagat restaurant rating guide.
4. XM Satellite Radio :
XM is America's number-one satellite radio service with more than 5 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City and Nashville at the Country Music Hall of Fame, XM's 2006 lineup includes more than 150 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: 67 commercial-free music channels, featuring hip hop to opera, classical to country, bluegrass to blues; 65 channels of premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and 21 channels of the most advanced traffic and weather information for major metropolitan areas nationwide. XM Satellite Radio is the satellite radio leader in sports programming, offering thousands of live sporting events every year. XM is the official satellite radio network for Major League Baseball, NASCAR, the Indy Racing League, the PGA TOUR, and the college sports conferences ACC, Pac-10 and Big Ten. XM was named Best Radio Service at the 2004 Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards.
6. Konig Wheels : The Hybrid is equipped with black 18" Konig "Unknown" rims, which are racing inspired, lightweight rims.
7. Dunlop Tires : For in-the-know, performance drivers, the Direzza DZ101 tires help you command higher sports driving capability with minimized trade-offs. The new tread compound formulated for the Direzza DZ101 grabs the pavement so you can bank on ultimate vehicle performance.
8. Sprint Performance Suspension : Manufactured from the finest chrome silicon steel, and performance powder coated to last a lifetime, the sport-lowering coils for the 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Hybrid lower the vehicle 2.00 inches in the front and rear. They not only lower the center of gravity for better handling, but also provide "a controlled and comfortable ride."
9. Borla Polished Exhaust Tip : Add fine motorsport styling to your vehicle with Borla's mirror-polished tips featuring an embossed Borla logo. Precision computer-controlled CNC manufacturing ensures a perfect fit, while premium Aircraft-Quality T-304 stainless-steel construction gives you maximum durability and a street-commanding look that lasts for years—guaranteed by Borla for a cool million miles.
BTW the basic Civic Hybrid costs $22,150 , i.e 9,96,750Rs. excluding taxes......its just the basic, forget the mods.
Here is one shot at the interior and the exterior of the basic civic hybrid.
Thats it from me ....... bring the comments in.
|27th April 2006, 17:44||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR, HYD
Thanked: 16 Times
Personally hate BEP, but not their car. The Civic coupe' looks so hot, and should have been even better looking had they used that
|27th April 2006, 17:56||#4|
|27th April 2006, 18:03||#6|
And guess what!!! You could win this car!!!! www.civictour.honda.com well ....... who wants to try for it now???
Well if u have the moolah to get one.....u cud as well take to sum modders(USwalas) and you can have an even more insane beauty than this!!!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Honda CRV, Update: 80,000 kms and pathetic Honda service!||Jaggu||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||142||10th April 2018 04:41|
|Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned)||drkunaldas||Sedans||4||31st October 2010 18:07|
|Honda Accord VTi vs Honda Accord V6||Dinesh99||Technical Stuff||48||9th March 2010 02:08|
|Arya Honda v. Apex Honda | Honda Manual v. Auto Civic||Axe77||Indian Car Dealerships||12||21st July 2009 07:22|
|honda paagal ho gaya hai - "Honda has gone crazy"||kpbhatt||The Indian Car Scene||16||23rd October 2007 13:00|