Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 19:01   #166
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

can someone suggest a central locking brand that can be installed on a fiat punto base model. autocop is not compalible
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 12:42   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,953
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
can someone suggest a central locking brand that can be installed on a fiat punto base model. autocop is not compalible
Try Xenos/Minda.

Why Autocop is not compatible ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 13:10   #168
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

the actuators dont work with FIAT they are of rod type
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 15:05   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Xenos would be a better option of the 2 suggested. Wilson Garden.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 23:01   #170
BHPian
 
mech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Why Autocop is not compatible ?
Autocop is working on the remote lock for Punto Active (heard from AutoShop).
mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 06:45   #171
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hello Friends,

I am quite aware, that this subject is quite old, since no activity found under this thread, But now I have a query?? Can any Maruti Swift 2005 model VXI owners, who has fixed any other car security system other that Maruti Nippon, revert to me with the make and model. ASAP. Since My car was intruded into last week, and the expensive stereo stolen??

Your Early input is eagerly awaited.

regards

natt
Natt1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:35   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 332
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hi Natt1948, My cousin has installed XENOS 250 on his Swift Lxi. It is working cool. Xenos offers STEREO protection as well. So, i guess it would be perfect one which provides some security for stereo as well. Let me know if you need any additional info
Jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 16:09   #173
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi Jebs, thanks for your feedback mate , I surely will look at Xenos 250.

bregards

natt1948
Natt1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:23   #174
BHPian
 
mech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Crosslinks wheels

I wanted to fit the central locking for my Punto Active and one of the shop told me about Crosslinks Wheels. I have not heard of this, Can somebody help me to know about this product.
mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:37   #175
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
I wanted to fit the central locking for my Punto Active and one of the shop told me about Crosslinks Wheels. I have not heard of this, Can somebody help me to know about this product.
the same was offered to me today for RS 4800 by autoshop koramangala for my punto active, they have installed it in 4-5 cars it seems.
Any reviews ?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:59   #176
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,710
Thanked: 1,049 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez
Hi all, following this post, I managed to gather all in one pic.
Looks nutty, but, did someone say, peace of Mind??!!
And yes, thats just a keychain around my fist!
That round thing next to the spray is a car perfume container, with a little compass on top which tells me where is west direction, in case I have to get down and pray on my own on the highway or some shed.
Hi,
Shouldn't the steering lock go on the clutch pedal rather than the brakes.I used to lock my brake pedal with the steering lock before untill i noticed the lock had a slight curve to the right making it fit snugly on the clutch pedal.When fitted on the brake pedal it would rattle and be loose and would be possible to move it around a bit.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 18:02   #177
BHPian
 
mech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
the same was offered to me today for RS 4800 by autoshop koramangala for my punto active, they have installed it in 4-5 cars it seems.
Any reviews ?
fitted this locking today, it is working fine but the only thing is it cannot lock all the doors when you manually lock the driver seat side.
It will automatically lock all the doors after 5 secs when the key is switched ON.
mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 18:04   #178
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
fitted this locking today, it is working fine but the only thing is it cannot lock all the doors when you manually lock the driver seat side.
It will automatically lock all the doors after 5 secs when the key is switched ON.
oh great , how much did it cost you , does it have remote locking too?
What about the warranty of the car, will it remain intact after installing this?
does driver side unlocking , unlocks all doors?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 18:06   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,
Shouldn't the steering lock go on the clutch pedal rather than the brakes.I used to lock my brake pedal with the steering lock before untill i noticed the lock had a slight curve to the right making it fit snugly on the clutch pedal.When fitted on the brake pedal it would rattle and be loose and would be possible to move it around a bit.
I was told to hook it to the brakes. My wife however hooks it to the clutch. I feel it is effective/ineffective eitherways. Both ways it is equally time consuming to break.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 18:12   #180
BHPian
 
mech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
oh great , how much did it cost you , does it have remote locking too?
What about the warranty of the car, will it remain intact after installing this?
does driver side unlocking , unlocks all doors?
the cost is the same as yours but the final cost I dont know as I have to go to get the vehicle and pay.
about warranty of the car, its out i think because the showroom guys suggested not to put any central/remote locking as FIAT is not recommending.

Driver side unlocking is the problem, you have to switch off the key for unclock
mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Features in your Car Security System SwiftSD Technical Stuff 4 7th April 2013 20:35
Spark - HU & Security System from USA. Will this setup work? tecfrek In-Car Entertainment 8 21st April 2009 11:12
BlueTooth Car Audio System + Security System venky6009 In-Car Entertainment 1 2nd November 2007 04:45
Imported Keyless remote & Security System nrajeshkumar Modifications & Accessories 4 23rd July 2006 10:14
Keyless Remote & Security System nrajeshkumar Modifications & Accessories 0 18th July 2006 00:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks