Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th November 2011, 21:56   #256
BHPian

Default re: Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it

Guys yesterday night again someone tried to steal the ORVM of my new altis, this time he could only manage to break the mirror assembly of the hinges but couldn't completely break the hinge itself which saved my mirror.

Since my car is parked on the street, i was looking for a solution.
I found that Viper Security offers "Proximity Alarm" which has a silent ringer as well. Planning to get it installed. Anyone knows about any dealer who would stack this product?
Jaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 19:55   #257
BHPian

Default ATOMICA - car security system

Hello,
i was looking for a anti theft system for my new EON, a few systems that i came across initially were - Autocop, Silicon and Xenos that are popular in the market.
however the shop where i reached to finally buy the system sugested me to go for ATOMICA, an Indian company which is similar to Autocop.
i got influenced and decided to buy the same.
The remote control is the best of all the systems that i had seen earlier with big mettalic buttons.
Since EON has a manual central locking system this system costed me Rs 2600/-with Rs 400/- as fitment charge.
subsequently searched for the product online but could not find any information on it.
it is a Nasik based company and offer 3 years comprehensive warranty support, got the details of the company support team with a stamped warranty card.

any users of this system, please share your experince on the system.
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 06:51   #258
knp
BHPian

Default Re: ATOMICA - car security system

It would be great if you can share some pictures.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 08:25   #259
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ATOMICA - car security system

Interesting never heard of this company, hows the performance been so far, how far distance can you operate the remote lock?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 16:00   #260
BHPian

Here are the few pictures of ATOMICA keychain with good quality mettalic buttons. this is what made me buy ATOMICA instead of Autocop. The warranty is for 3 years. i could operate the system with a distance of about 20 meters.
Attached Thumbnails
Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-photo0810.jpg  

Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-photo0811.jpg  

Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-photo0812.jpg  

mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:57   #261
Senior - BHPian

Default Security System in VW Polo 1.6 Highline

Hi guys!

Didn't want to open a new thread for this.

I will be getting delivery of my VW Polo 1.6 Highline in the next couple of days and was really concerned about the security system provided with the car. In my previous car which was a Swift, we had installed the Xenos Firewall 350 series which was the top of the line series and came with features like immobilizer and shock sensor. The reason I chose this system was due to the fact that I had an expensive audio system in the car and even if a glass is broken, the alarm will sound thank to the shock sensor feature.

Now, I have noticed that most companies provide you with a security system as standard especially in the top of the line models but how effective are these systems? I noticed in the Polo that if you lock the car with the remote and open the door manually with the key, only the hazzard light keep flashing with no alarm! Eventhough the engine is immobilized which means probably the thief cant steal your car; but the thief can still steal other valuables from the car especially like the audio system! So what is the use of this system really?

Ok, so we go to the authorized service centre and activate the horn beeps when locking and unlocking and so when you open the car door mmanually with the key, the hazzard lights keep flashing with the horn blaring which acts like an alarm so this is sorted. But what happens when the thief breaks the glass of the car? Does the alarm sound then?

Anyone with Polos or probably who can help me with this query?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 16:04   #262
BHPian

Hi Guys, I just bought a Brio EXMT which doesnt have the keyless entry feature. My questions are:

1. Can i get the Honda keyless entry system installed with the Honda integrated Key just like my city?
2. If not, which other brand should I opt for, which doesnt ruin my warranty?
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 02:48   #263
BHPian

Hi!

I've bought a second hand xing and now here's the scenario- I have no idea what security system is in place. The remote central locking and alarm (it does go off ) has the stock remote.

I need to know where to look for the current security system in the car and any recommendation for a decent new installation with motion detection (optional - how much will this add to the cost?) and hood sensing??
wooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 14:22   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Hi!

I've bought a second hand xing and now here's the scenario- I have no idea what security system is in place. The remote central locking and alarm (it does go off ) has the stock remote.

I need to know where to look for the current security system in the car and any recommendation for a decent new installation with motion detection (optional - how much will this add to the cost?) and hood sensing??

Hi Wooka!
Have you installed a security system yet? I just got myself a second hand santro, and I ordered a Xenos Rottweiler 190 1A basic security system for it.
Find it here: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/xeno...nual/449222989

Spoke to the Xenos customer care, they have promised doorstep installation. BTW the product comes with a 3- year warranty. Will update on how the installation goes and what I feel about the product.
EeshanChatterje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:25   #265

I bought a Celerio ZXi a month back. It has keyless entry but strangely there are no beeps the accompany the locking and unlocking the car.The keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors for me, but I have a tough time tracking the car in a parking lot when there is no beep when I unlock. I am sure that there is no siren as I got it checked during my first service.
Can I only install a speaker so that it beeps along with the flashing of the indicator lights? Any pointers will be appreciated.
bhawik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 17:16   #266

Question Regarding Security System on New Car

Mod note: Please use Search to find a relevant thread before opening a new thread. Thanks.

Hello folks,

I had recently purchased Alto 800 Vxi about 5 months back. Wanted to install an aftermarket security system. Would like to know whether this would impact the warranty prospects of the car. I had opted for 4 year Warranty at time of purchase.

Some dealers around GP Road Chennai have assured that installing a security system like Nippon or Autocop will not hamper the warranty of the car as no wires would be cut but only "clipped"

I am not sure how far this is true, thus require your guidance.

P.S. I had searched for various threads on similar queries but all were a couple of years old, failed to locate the new ones. Mods please delete the post if it is inappropriate as I am a newbie here .!

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th January 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Mod note: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks.
letsgo2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 08:59   #267
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Regarding Security System on New Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo2016 View Post
Mod note: Please use Search to find a relevant thread before opening a new thread. Thanks.

Hello folks,

I had recently purchased Alto 800 Vxi about 5 months back. Wanted to install an aftermarket security system. Would like to know whether this would impact the warranty prospects of the car. I had opted for 4 year Warranty at time of purchase.

Some dealers around GP Road Chennai have assured that installing a security system like Nippon or Autocop will not hamper the warranty of the car as no wires would be cut but only "clipped"

I am not sure how far this is true, thus require your guidance.

P.S. I had searched for various threads on similar queries but all were a couple of years old, failed to locate the new ones. Mods please delete the post if it is inappropriate as I am a newbie here .!
Installing a security system won't hamper your warranty in any way.

If you are too paranoid, buy it from the Maruti dealer, but it will cost you more.
mithun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 12:39   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Installing a security system won't hamper your warranty in any way.

If you are too paranoid, buy it from the Maruti dealer, but it will cost you more.

Thank you for the info. Have installed Xenos Rottweiler for 2400/- including installation charges. It's been a week and it looks fine. ! Has 3 years Warranty included.
letsgo2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 20:11   #269

Default Central locking doesn't work in Sector 63 H Block Noida

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed before in this forum or not, but if it has been, mod please close this topic and direct me to the right thread.

Almost 6 months back my office shifted to H-Block of Sector 63, Noida. Although H Block Sector 63 is big, our office is near to the area which is adjacent to NH 24 and the one that houses many of the automobile service centers (BMW, Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Ford, Suzuki... to name a few).

Right after I started coming to office I noticed that my Cruze's (which is my day to day car) central locking do not work. Neither I was able to switch-on/switch-off my car using the PUSH button nor I was able to lock/unlock it. Surprisingly I noticed the same issue with my Fortuner (which I not very often bring to office). Initially I thought that the problem is with the battery in the remote key of both the cars but even after changing them (yes, I changed the key batteries of both the cars) the problem continued. One day I took my Fortuner to service and since the service centre is in the same region, I showed the problem to the servicing guys. Their immediate response was that this problem is not just with my vehicles but with most of the vehicles when they come in this area. They said there is some jammer installed in this area which interferes with the car's locking system. In fact he said maybe the Jammer is installed in the CISF campus which is nearby. However, my residence is closer to the CISF campus and I have never faced this problem at home with any of the vehicles. Neither I have faced this problem right at the gate of CISF (yes, I tired that too...)

I have also noticed that there seems to be some specific points/areas in which it doesn't work. And if I move even 10 mtrs away from those points/area, it works. But at the same time such specific points/area are in packets spread over a large area and are not necessarily connected to each other. Like, the system won't work here but move 10 mtrs east-west-north-south and it works. Move 10 buildings away and you may again face the problem. Again try moving few meters and it might work.

Can anyone here help me understand what could the reason be? How big a possibility is that one BIG jammer is installed somewhere which interferes with the system in a fairly big area but at patches its effectiveness gets reduced/enhanced?
Anisoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 03:50   #270
BHPian

Default Re: Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it

I had fitted Xenos Rottweiler remote locking system in my Alto K10 VXI AMT. The car came with central locking but without remote. The installation was done at Glix Kolkata (Salt lake outlet). The reason behind going for an aftermarket install, instead of MGA Nippon remote locking, was my Maruti dealer's lethargic attitude: despite ordering the kit at the time of booking the car, on the day of delivery they didn't have the kit ready with them.

In the last three years, the Xenos remote lock has served me well.

Security
The security features are standard. The alarm system is really loud and will make all kinds of noises if a suspicious activity is detected.

I don't like two features though

1. The alarm plays two loud sirens every time a door is opened when the engine is running. So if I am dropping a friend at their place at midnight, the whole neighborhood will come to know of their arrival. This feature can't be turned off I think. Workaround - if I turn the engine off and then open the door, there are no sirens.

2. All four doors are automatically unlocked once the engine is turned off. This becomes a security risk in some cases. If I turn off the engine, at a red signal for example, the doors are unlocked!

Battery
It came with two remote keys, the battery of one of which died rather soon, in a few months. The battery is still going strong in the other one! However, I don't know which battery is needed in it. The manual surprisingly makes no mention of the battery make.

Anti minimalism
I sometimes regret carrying two keys! It feels like a burden my pocket. The online flip key selling websites don't have a solution for this Xenos key.

Alarm sound
I am not a fan of the alarm sound of the Xenos remote lock. The MGA Nippon remote lock has a more pleasing note, I discovered later.

Reverse siren
I never liked the reverse siren. So I went through the manual and disabled the reverse siren easily.

Reverse hazard light
The Xenos kit activates the hazard light on reversing. I would like to disable that if possible.

Conclusion: The Xenos is a fine product with no problems so far but looking back, I would have installed the MGA Nippon remote lock instead if I could go back in time. Not only it has a better alarm sound, but also because its flip key shell is easily available online.

Last edited by wishnipon : 8th January 2018 at 04:07.
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote