Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st December 2012, 16:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic

Awesome work. The car indeed looks brand new. I have no hope of getting such seat covers at this price point in this part of the country. The fit and finish appear to be better than OEM.

Mumbai bhp-ians might have a mini meet this weekend in Powai after reading this thread.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 15:45   #17
BHPian

@kedarwalke - Awesome work. 2 months back I was checking the cost of leather seats from Stanley for my newly purchased laura but exhorbitant cost of upwards of 45-50k put me off. Thought of getting the same done in 2013. But with your experience with Orchis and the snaps that you have uploaded I will surely explore them once. Thanks for the review
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 11:34   #18
BHPian

I've given my Honda City for seat cover, arm rest and door pads work. I chose Marigold and cost is Rs. 9,000. I'll get the car back in the evening and will post pictures later.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Awesome! No words to explain the quality of work and amount of work for this cost. Great find of a place, will be helpful for mumbaities.

Here I paid a steep price of 10k for Artleather and that too they don't have to strip out the OEM, they just have to stitch it over.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 18:40   #20
BHPian

Good job done by Orchis and on time. Here are some pictures.

Name:  image4200542916.jpg
Views: 3307
Size:  391.6 KB

Name:  image3915119738.jpg
Views: 3011
Size:  423.3 KB

Name:  image1976985327.jpg
Views: 3651
Size:  412.6 KB
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 18:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic. I am a fan!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 19:00   #22
BHPian

WOW 7.5 K sounds real nice for the whole deal.

I also had got my leather seats done from orchis about a year back.

He had charged me somewhere around Rs 6500/- for 4 seats and the steering wheel.

Do not jump out of your chairs yet, 6500 was only the labor charge.. the leather was given by me.

The work done was amazing. Fit and finish is top notch.

1 year on and no problems yet, you can rely on orchis.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-_mg_8805.jpg  

Last edited by iamahunter : 28th December 2012 at 19:11. Reason: Adding photograph.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:38   #23
BHPian

The seat design gives a very sporty look . I liked the rib like design on the seats . While I was checking the photos I saw a black spot on your seat I was so disappointed but it vanished when I moved my mouse. The black spot was on my monitor screen.
narendra.vw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:11   #24
BHPian

I went to orchis to get seat covers installed. Since genuine leather was quiet expensive at 30k odd, I decided to go ahead with their best art leather which came to 13k including door trims.

The quality of the work was good, however the fitting could have been a tad better.

The worst bit it, they spoiled the look of my car with an ugly sticker on the PAINT right below the swift logo. Extremely unprofessional.

I will definitely not recommend orchis now. Definitely disappointed after loving their work for my car's steering earlier.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 11:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

To those who have installed art-leather by paying Rs. 6000-15000, I would like to know how is the comfort on long drives and during summer.

Please post your experience here or in some other appropriate thread.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 19:46   #26
BHPian

Dont think art leather is comfortable on a summer day, it gets really warm inside the car,thats the major difference between genuine leather and art leather.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 18:43   #27
BHPian

After watching pictures of Kedar's Civic with the new art leather seats when I took my Civic out, the original fabric seats appeared dull and senseless in a car as good as Civic. Plus the cloth behind armrest was as torn as Kedar's.

Went to Reliance Auto Zone in Jaipur and inquired with a very knowledgeable person there who suggested Art Leather (Automotive leather) which they will source directly from Auto Foam, the company that supplies Seat covers to Honda. Got these done in one full day and boy, the quality I swear is better than or at par with Honda Civic's original fitting. Charged me 9000/- All Inc. but gave me AmbiPur worth 200/- and Tissue Box free, so practically, 8800/- for the perfectly matching and blending seats. My friend with C class says its better than his car's. Will post photos at night.
gaurav_diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 14:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well, price is one thing and comfort is another (important thing). With the art leather, what happens to the skin which is in contact with the material? Does it breathe? Does it perspire?
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 14:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Well, price is one thing and comfort is another (important thing). With the art leather, what happens to the skin which is in contact with the material? Does it breathe? Does it perspire?
Hi sun, art leather will not breathe. Use fabric (for the cost). I am fabric lover for ages.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:32   #30
Team-BHP Support

After looking at the snaps posted on the thread, I am inclined to drive all the way to Bombay and get the seat covers on my upcoming car redone using Black leatherette from Orchis! The workmanship also looks very good especially on the arm rests of the Civic.

I am just curious but will they customise the work as per the customer's request? For instance, Black leather with Red stitching. Take a look at this one:

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-leather-seats-red-stiching.jpg

It looks just fabulous! If they could do this, I am set! I honestly do not mind driving down to Powai for the weekend. Can get this done and can meet a few friends from Bombay as well. Their pricing for leatherette upholstery is also very decent going by the 7-8k mark.

I shall call them up directly and enquire in the meantime. But I would like to hear the opinions from the members who've gotten their car upholstery redone from Orchis.

The time limit for editing the posts unfortunately expired. Could you please add this bit to the post?

EDIT: I just spoke to Mr. Shinde. I was surprised he answered the phone despite today being Gandhi Jayanti! He suggested that the stitching is perfectly customisable and that I could choose the color from a set of colors presently available with them. He also wanted me to SMS him my e-mail ID so he could send me a e-brochure detailing the different variants of leatherette available with them. Seems like a good man! I might drive down to Powai soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2013 at 03:53. Reason: Edited on request. Phone number left out for owner's privacy.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote