Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th December 2015, 09:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic

Bumping up an old thread.

Had got the seat covers for my Punto installed from Orchis yesterday. Booked them a day before by paying cash and got the covers installed yesterday. The material is art leather and variant is Marigold with thickness of 1.1-1.2mm. The reason for going to this one is that it has cotton inserts at the back and is advertised to regulate temperature better than the rest. Front seats, rear seats, arm rest and door inserts done. I had asked for an extra layer of padding in the driver side seat for under thigh support. The guys did a fabulous job although it took longer than they promised, had to wait for more than 1.5hr from the scheduled delivery time. The cost of entire works for my Punto was 12.1K + 80 installation charges. Was offered a 2.9K discount bringing the total cost to 10K.

The only negative is that they have only cash and cheque as payment modes. No Credit card facility even they deal with 7-10 cars daily. Had spoken to Mr Shinde about this and he was not that supportive in this regards. Even the cheque payment comes with VAT charges. Very professional work, could see showroom delivered cars making their way to the shop for seat cover.

The smell of the new seat covers is simply exhilarating.

Sorry for the bad quality of pics (taken from mobile in my office parking today morning)
Attached Thumbnails
Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151208_165949.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151208_171319.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075304.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075317.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075417.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075441.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075451.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075509.jpg  

Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic-p_20151209_075523.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 10:14   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic

Are these fitted on top of original seat covers, or they remove the stock seat covers and put this on?
yogeshnagpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 18:16   #33
BHPian

Please read my article regarding orchis here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...covers-50.html (Art Leather Seat Covers)
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 02:16   #34

They say, when you become rich, you also become arrogant. That's what I experienced with Orchis. I have been contacting the owner of Orchis since quite some time now and he would always tell me to wait for 10 days and never get back. My problem is that I'm in Mumbai only during the weekends and his shop is closed on Sundays so the only day left is a Saturday. Yesterday, I visited his shop and I seriously regret it. The most unprofessional, rude and unwelcoming experience ever. Stood outside his workshop and people were celebrating somebody's birthday. Finally one of them came and directed me to the reception where I was shown the brochure and also given the quotes. Then, one of the owners walked in and I told him about my problem. He outrightly denied, asking me to come on a weekday as Saturday was a busy day for him and he did not have the templates for Brezza as he had never done work on one. I even requested him to book me an appointment for any Saturday as per his convenience but his reply was "laakho ka dhanda hota hai Saturday ko", which meant just a single customer like me didn't matter to him. Never dealt with anyone so rude in my life. I would never recommend Orchis to people who value and respect their hard-earned money.
PS: Unlike the owners, all other workers and staff seem pretty decent and treat their customers like a king.
Gunner1591 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 10:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1591 View Post
They say, when you become rich, you also become arrogant. That's what I experienced with Orchis. I have been contacting the owner of Orchis since quite some time now and he would always tell me to wait for 10 days and never get back. My problem is that I'm in Mumbai only during the weekends and his shop is closed on Sundays so the only day left is a Saturday. Yesterday, I visited his shop and I seriously regret it. The most unprofessional, rude and unwelcoming experience ever. Stood outside his workshop and people were celebrating somebody's birthday. Finally one of them came and directed me to the reception where I was shown the brochure and also given the quotes. Then, one of the owners walked in and I told him about my problem. He outrightly denied, asking me to come on a weekday as Saturday was a busy day for him and he did not have the templates for Brezza as he had never done work on one. I even requested him to book me an appointment for any Saturday as per his convenience but his reply was "laakho ka dhanda hota hai Saturday ko", which meant just a single customer like me didn't matter to him. Never dealt with anyone so rude in my life. I would never recommend Orchis to people who value and respect their hard-earned money.
PS: Unlike the owners, all other workers and staff seem pretty decent and treat their customers like a king.
So your time is more valuable than his.
Every business is about supply and demand in the end. He obviously has no dearth of customers and hence, as any other businessman, would like to make as much judicious use of his time as he could.
There are so many people, who just like you, can only get the work done on Saturday. So he has to make sure that he can cram as many customers as he can on a Saturday. That means he would prefer jobs that take less time. Since he would need to take measurements for your car i.e. spend more time on it than other cars, he would naturally want to do it on a day when business isn't as brisk.
He could probably have been more polite but you can't deny the logic behind his decision.

Now you can obviously try and find someone who can provide you with the same workmanship and quality as per your schedule, but I don't see the need to badmouth someone just because they chose their convenience over yours'.
rdst_1 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 11:11   #36

I have just shared my experience and I think that this forum is all about that- sharing experiences. You may probably be a businessman so you could understand his side but I've always believed no business is ever bigger than its customers. Obviously, the customer base for Orchis is huge now for them to worry about a single one and that's all I have mentioned. I have been following up with him for more than 2 months just because he was recommended by fellow BHPians. I was ready to do it at his convenience but he didn't even consider it. Hence, I would definitely speak of my bad experience and I don't understand how am I "badmouthing" him.
Gunner1591 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 12:33   #37
BHPian

Sorry if I came across as rude, but for me, if a guy does good work, then it is me who would inconvenience myself and get the work done by him rather than try my luck someplace else. For me, it would be worth the workmanship and quality.
Like I said, he could have handled it better for sure, but I personally wouldn't hold it against him if he delivers on the work itself. Maybe you can take a Monday off and get it done from him or, like I mentioned above, find someone who can do the same quality work according to your schedule.
In India, there is no concept of paying by the hour, so it would be obvious that a worker would like to get as many jobs done in the time he has and would pick easier jobs over longer, difficult ones. In most developed countries, you generally pay someone to work on your car, by the hour. In that case, the longevity of the job doesn't matter as they get paid for it accordingly.

If he didn't have customers, he would definitely have gone the extra mile for you. But since that's not the case, he can choose which jobs to do and you can't fault him for taking on easier jobs as that's the intelligent choice to make.
Whenever I am in such conditions, I usually make them an offer which makes it worth them going the extra mile. If they still can't agree then it's their loss and I can move to the next best alternative I can find.
All I am saying is judge them on their work and not because they can't work for you.
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote