Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 22:39   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 40
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
What's the status of the wrap job? Please post pics of the same and where did you get it done?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1431968927.997818.jpg
Views: 5269
Size:  113.7 KB
Hello.heres the pic. Sorry for the delay.
I got it done from gurgaon.
bhavukjain is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 00:18   #167
BHPian
 
superbhikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Muzaffarnagar
Posts: 411
Thanked: 143 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Attachment 1372118
Hello.heres the pic. Sorry for the delay.
I got it done from gurgaon.
Looks cool! Where in Gurgaon? I am a weekend Gurgaon traveller.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 00:22   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 40
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Looks cool! Where in Gurgaon? I am a weekend Gurgaon traveller.
It's IDE AUTOWORKS. Really nice people to deal with and they take one car at a time. Take prior appointments.

Last edited by ampere : 19th May 2015 at 00:32. Reason: Fixed a minor typo.
bhavukjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 05:44   #169
BHPian
 
abhjain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 202
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Attachment 1372118
Hello.heres the pic. Sorry for the delay.
I got it done from gurgaon.
Bhavuk, could you please post some more pictures. Unable to get a hang of the overall quality of the work from this one.
abhjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 01:47   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 40
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Bhavuk, could you please post some more pictures. Unable to get a hang of the overall quality of the work from this one.
Here are few more pictures. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-img_5845.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-img_5896.jpg  

bhavukjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 14:01   #171
BHPian
 
razorBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 164
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

For the Vinyl wraps with change of car color, do we have to take permission from RTO, like how we change the paint?
Would it not create any issues when cop checks the color of the vehicle against the RC?
razorBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 14:04   #172
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,876
Thanked: 11,766 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
For the Vinyl wraps with change of car color, do we have to take permission from RTO, like how we change the paint?
Would it not create any issues when cop checks the color of the vehicle against the RC?
It is required to be updated in the RC book post the Wrap weeks the owner would be in trouble if caught.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 14:06   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 2,873
Thanked: 3,719 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
For the Vinyl wraps with change of car color, do we have to take permission from RTO, like how we change the paint?
Would it not create any issues when cop checks the color of the vehicle against the RC?
Yes. If verification is done, it will be a violation of the rules theoretically. The only respite one can get is if the authority is willing to understand the situation, he could either let you go or make you unwrap the car without taking any action.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 02:47   #174
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435180441.841613.jpg
I get stopped for alot of other things before they question the wrap. But when they do my argument is that its just a sticker and it can be peeled off. An RTO officer is a close family friend and he said your rc card/book states the color of the paint of the car, adding or applying a sticker on top is not illegal since the paint is not being changed. Know your rights, its just a sticker.
i<3turbo is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 12:59   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,306
Thanked: 763 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Love the blacked out look i<3turbo. Looking to achieve the same on my 5 series as well. Could you pm me the cost of those rims?
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 16:15   #176
BHPian
 
razorBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 164
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Attachment 1385787
I get stopped for alot of other things before they question the wrap. But when they do my argument is that its just a sticker and it can be peeled off. An RTO officer is a close family friend and he said your rc card/book states the color of the paint of the car, adding or applying a sticker on top is not illegal since the paint is not being changed. Know your rights, its just a sticker.
Have raised an RTI for checking if wraps are illegal, as its just on top of the paint.. fingers crossed. will update here.
razorBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 17:06   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Even if it is a top sticker job we need to endorse the same in RC. This is an RTO rule in Kerala. The fees for the same is only 100 RS here. This was an advice from a mobile court judge to a Terrano Limited edition owner.

Ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 23:32   #178
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
Have raised an RTI for checking if wraps are illegal, as its just on top of the paint.. fingers crossed. will update here.

Its not illegal if you live in MH you can pay 600 rs and get this form filled out and its basically a temp color change form and its valid for 3 months. They do anything to earn money.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 19:36   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,306
Thanked: 763 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Saw this Swift yesterday that just got wrapped in Shivajinagar, Bangalore. I quite liked the shade. Thats my car in the first picture getting the roof done inside the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-img_6492.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-img_6494.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 20:40   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,212
Thanked: 496 Times
Default Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saw this Swift yesterday that just got wrapped in Shivajinagar, Bangalore. I quite liked the shade. Thats my car in the first picture getting the roof done inside the garage.

Where is this place and how much are they charging for a roof wrap?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Humber under wraps.... Cyrus43 Post-War 28 10th March 2012 21:45
Heads Up - Do NOT Use Header Wraps! 1self Technical Stuff 13 21st November 2009 19:33
New Ford Mondeo ........Wraps taken off !!!! maxbhp The International Automotive Scene 63 28th April 2007 00:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks