Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th May 2006, 10:02   #1
Default audio sys(supporting ipod) for city

I'm goin in to buy a HOnda City Exi,i.e I'm goin to get its delivery this sunday.Now,i've got absolutely no knowledge bout audio systems.So i would like to know ur opinions about what to go for.My dealer's told me he would fit in an Alpine mp3 audio system(dont knoe model name n all) for about Rs 11000.
Now since i've also got an ipod nano,i would like to which system has an option for attachin an ipod to it.My budget is around Rs 15000.I'm sorry i'm being very general over here,but as i said i've got absolutely no idea about car audio systems.I hadnt even heard of alpine until my dealer told me about it! That does speak volumes about my ignorance!!
Hope someone can help.
ns_jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 14:17   #2

Hey ns_jughead Alpine systems are supposed to be one of the best. i dont have much idea about the rates though.... do you know anything about the system that he's giving you ??? model number ??? DVD player or just CD mp3 player ??

i have Sony CDX-GT250S ( mp3 player, not a DVD/VCD player ) this has an Aux in, where you can connect your i-pod. costed me 8k including 2 years warranty.

find out more details about the system and the others might be able to help you... for your budget, you can get a DVD player with i-pod compatibility.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 14:59   #3

The pioneer 6850 has an Aux-in on the panel..
you could have an aux-in made for any pioneer infact..

buzzin_hornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 15:44   #4

dude the cheapest Alpine with mp3 compatibity is CDE-9843 for 8.9k

for i pod compatibility the cheapest alpine would be CDE-9847(14k) for which u have to bye Alpine's interface cable seperately (don know the price ?)

or else u can go for pioneer head units .... a pioneer i pod compatible hu deh-6850 comes for appx 9 k .....

i would suggest u better go for pioneer hu----good performance under budget .......

for speakers u can chip in the kind of music u like......as in ...simple sweet decent bass .....or Good performance .....for which gurus would better advice you.
speedofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 15:51   #5

Would recomend the following. Had it installed in my car. Very decent performance for the price I paid.

Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 17:20   #6

Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
you could have an aux-in made for any pioneer infact..

Hey Buzzy could you elaborate on this please? Do you know where I can get it done?
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote