Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 22:12   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

You deserve kudos for your patience and your persistence in getting all this set up.

However, dont you think it's time to enjoy the 244 WHP and just DRIVE?

Enough modding. Now use the bloody power man! Or if you think you drive too much for a living, just give me your car. I'll keep it warmed up!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 23:07   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You deserve kudos for your patience and your persistence in getting all this set up.

However, dont you think it's time to enjoy the 244 WHP and just DRIVE?

Enough modding. Now use the bloody power man! Or if you think you drive too much for a living, just give me your car. I'll keep it warmed up!
Car is very much on the road and being 'driven' .. Hard! Once the LSD is in then the fun will really start .. For now it's just acceleration runs nothing more.

It's never enough! Everything was sorted till I was given a t04e and an aluminium plumbing kit .. Might as well use it

Ill give you the car when you give me the civic -
On track !
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 08:11   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

are you wrapping aluminum too? prevent heat soak.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 08:22   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You deserve kudos for your patience and your persistence in getting all this set up.

However, dont you think it's time to enjoy the 244 WHP and just DRIVE?

Enough modding. Now use the bloody power man! Or if you think you drive too much for a living, just give me your car. I'll keep it warmed up!
+1,
I can keep it on the boil too.

IS there a dyno report or data to see how the torque and power curves are and we could learn from?

Also, putting in a larger TC might make it loose linear power delivery. Nevertheless, a good attempt in the making
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 12:44   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
are you wrapping aluminum too? prevent heat soak.
No Mahesh, not with heat wrap atleast - we may use heat reflective tape.
Heat soak isn't a big issue here - IATs are low. Post the intercooler the plumbing becomes ice cold while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
+1,
I can keep it on the boil too.

IS there a dyno report or data to see how the torque and power curves are and we could learn from?

Also, putting in a larger TC might make it loose linear power delivery. Nevertheless, a good attempt in the making
I wouldn't put up a figure without backing it up - dyno chart is on the previous page.

I don't understand the second part, are you asking me or telling me? We lost linear power delivery a long time back!

Thanks!

Last edited by binz : 5th July 2013 at 12:51.
binz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 18:41   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

The car is back at Race Dynamics for the next set of upgrades. Having reached the limits of the TD05, the turbo is being upgraded to a T04e. An upgraded cam is also on the way along with a limited slip diff. Looking to take up horsepower further using lower boost while making power all the way to 8000rpm!


Flanges fabricated and turbo tack welded into position
Name:  image4190778413.jpg
Views: 3406
Size:  466.3 KB

Down pipe being fabricated
Name:  image1003950949.jpg
Views: 3527
Size:  483.7 KB

Last edited by binz : 17th July 2013 at 18:46.
binz is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 18:45   #127
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 428
Thanked: 307 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
The car is back at Race Dynamics for the next set of upgrades. Having reached the limits of the TD05, the turbo is being upgraded to a T04e. An upgraded cam is also on the way along with a limited slip diff. Looking to take up horsepower further using lower boost while making power all the way to 8000rpm!
Awesome!

What are the power/torque gains you are expecting to make?
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 18:55   #128
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,036
Thanked: 1,469 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Whats the final targetted output of the build eventually? Or is this going to be a technology-demonstrator build with frequently changing specifications ?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 19:04   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Awesome!

What are the power/torque gains you are expecting to make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Whats the final targetted output of the build eventually? Or is this going to be a technology-demonstrator build with frequently changing specifications ?
There is no final targetted output, will keep pushing it till something breaks, then rebuild it to that point(and maybe shove it into a single seater).

It really is just a fun daily drive
binz is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 15:28   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Replaced the fabricated stainless steel charge pipe with a Mandrel bent aluminium one. Looks much better now!

Name:  image591940498.jpg
Views: 3273
Size:  409.2 KB

Name:  image91550087.jpg
Views: 3209
Size:  428.4 KB
binz is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 21:05   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 48
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

this is really good !!!!. where sis u get the mandrel bending done ? I so want to get mine done too !!!
amarpreet99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 15:02   #132
Newbie
 
sharkashwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 17
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Hey! Been following this for a while....
Any updates on the LSD and high performance cam install??
sharkashwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 15:27   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkashwa View Post
Hey! Been following this for a while....
Any updates on the LSD and high performance cam install??
The Cam has come, LSD might take a week or so. Have been out of town so things should fall into place this week.

Stock G16b Cam | Reground Cam

Name:  image296510722.jpg
Views: 3070
Size:  373.7 KB

Name:  image3637934921.jpg
Views: 2996
Size:  384.9 KB

Name:  image1345207655.jpg
Views: 2915
Size:  274.3 KB


Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpreet99 View Post
this is really good !!!!. where sis u get the mandrel bending done ? I so want to get mine done too !!!
The pipe was part of a piping kit. Didn't get anything bent locally.

Last edited by binz : 30th July 2013 at 15:41.
binz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 16:12   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Good build , can we have complete pic of the engine bay please .The output of turbo as I see is starting from turbo ,taking a left turn behind the exhaust ,then take a right turn to reach ITBs . Isn't it a looong intake ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 17:03   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default re: Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Good build , can we have complete pic of the engine bay please .The output of turbo as I see is starting from turbo ,taking a left turn behind the exhaust ,then take a right turn to reach ITBs . Isn't it a looong intake ?
Hi, complete engine bay pictures are posted earlier in this thread. Do go back a couple of pages.

All Intercooled turbo setups, especially front mount setups have long charge piping - whether aftermarket or OEM.
binz is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbocharged Honda City VTEC story – A Race Concepts build! speedfreak Modifications & Accessories 8 12th December 2014 03:01
AutoTram Extra Grand : World’s Largest Bus @ 256 Passengers PetrolRider Commercial Vehicles 7 28th April 2013 11:29
My Turbo charged Baleno - now 116 whp @ 6psi Edit:145whp at 11 psi! binz Modifications & Accessories 128 13th February 2012 10:18
1st ever Dyno Graph of my Turbocharged Hybrid OHC (320+ WHP!) Ford Rocam Modifications & Accessories 316 15th November 2010 19:44
For Sale Nvidia 6600 Video Card with 256 MB DDR 2 RAM (Turbocache) killjoy Shifting gears 1 19th July 2006 21:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks