Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th October 2016, 12:05   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing

Last edited by sgiitk : 26th October 2016 at 12:07.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 13:49   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.kapur View Post
They even had a solenoid for High-Low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing
I was using HID's on reflectors and as graaja said, the light was not focused and would just emit a haze that was not useful for either me or oncoming traffic. Would not advice it. I am running projectors now and its a world apart.

Last edited by batterylow : 1st November 2016 at 13:50. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 18:09   #363
Senior - BHPian

For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 21:36   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
+1.

I bought my ballasts, bulbs and headlight butyl sealant from them. They guided me with the whole process of installing projectors and were a MASSIVE help since I had never done anything of this sort before.

My projector conversion is covered here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4091602 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4095165 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote