Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2016, 12:05   #361
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,969
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing

Last edited by sgiitk : 26th October 2016 at 12:07.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 13:49   #362
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 562
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.kapur View Post
They even had a solenoid for High-Low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing
I was using HID's on reflectors and as graaja said, the light was not focused and would just emit a haze that was not useful for either me or oncoming traffic. Would not advice it. I am running projectors now and its a world apart.

Last edited by batterylow : 1st November 2016 at 13:50. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 18:09   #363
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,248 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 21:36   #364
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 1,747 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
+1.

I bought my ballasts, bulbs and headlight butyl sealant from them. They guided me with the whole process of installing projectors and were a MASSIVE help since I had never done anything of this sort before.

My projector conversion is covered here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4091602 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4095165 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 12:00   #365
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

I have recently intalled osram hid kit 4200k in Ciaz. Do I need to use relay or just plug & play would be fine?
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 10:01   #366
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,969
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I have recently intalled osram hid kit 4200k in Ciaz. Do I need to use relay or just plug & play would be fine?
I replaced the 35W fogs in my Civic with 55W HIDs. It was plug 'n play. I got the loom kit but have not used it.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 10:27   #367
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,585
Thanked: 1,183 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I have recently intalled osram hid kit 4200k in Ciaz. Do I need to use relay or just plug & play would be fine?
It is always better to have a relay kit installed for HID.

I was also running HID in my i20 fogs by tapping directly from the fog lamp end point. Initially it worked well, started facing some flickering issue randomly after a few months. Got a relay kit installed and things have been smooth since then. Its been nearly 4 years using the HID in fogs and they are working well
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 12:07   #368
BHPian
 
vignesh.cv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello,
I have a 2007 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi Rider classic version. The OEM headlights are quite poor in sufficiently lightning up the roads. So, I have been thinking of upgrading the headlamps to either a better halogen bulb or a HID kit. Also, I don't want to spoil the headlamp reflectors. Please suggest me a suitable option as I have no idea in choosing one. Thanks
I'm assuming your car came with a halogen reflector setup. There are a couple of options when it comes to improving the lighting efficiency:

1. Change the existing bulbs to either Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreakers - this will give you better and brighter light compared to the OEM halogen. However, the lifespan is about a year or so. This is a reasonable compromise given the light output compared to OEM.

2. Retrofit a HID projector setup - this will be a fairly involved job as there are a number of steps here. And this option will also be expensive compared to the one above.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HID Kit / Projector / Xenon Lamps FAQ Takumi-san Modifications & Accessories 17 12th August 2015 14:34
HID Xenon NOTORIOUS Technical Stuff 196 18th October 2014 21:18
HID Xenon fog / driving lamps for OHC gbpscars Modifications & Accessories 4 17th October 2008 11:14
For Sale: German H7 HID xenon kit gbpscars Shifting gears 2 13th September 2007 16:00
Help me out with XENON / HID lights fb1 Modifications & Accessories 16 19th May 2007 02:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks