| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th May 2006, 10:45||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 2 Times
Help with Zen
I have been through a lot of threads on modification of Zen but havent been clear on a few things. Can someone please explain the following
1. Difference between standard replacement and conical k&N filter - advantages and disadvantages. at present i am running on stock carb zen engine and do plan to install a header and freeflow in the near future which is the recommended air filter
2. The use of strut brace. How does it work and help in handling.
3. Changing of the cam to the esteem cam - how will that improve th performace of the car. Can the cam be changed without any other changes in the car.
4. Can anyone help me with sourcing of a tacho meter.
|24th May 2006, 11:28||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
|24th May 2006, 11:39||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 8 Times
Hey Praneet, It wil probably be easier for you to get the tachometer in Mumbai, from a place like opera house. I couldn't find any when I searched in Pune, even the shops that did have them didn't have too much variety. if you travel to Mumbai or know someone who does frequently, I would suggest you get it from Mumbai. This is information from over a year ago, maybe now you will find something good in Pune. Best of luck with your search.
|25th May 2006, 05:06||#5|
Join Date: Dec 2005
And now as for ur queries..
1) the conical filter offers more surface area hence the engine breathes better .. gives better performance
For accompanying a free flow a conical is better.
2) Strut brace is placed on the suspension towers on both ends and it helps maintain the suspension geometry during cornering(which changes due to body flex), thus giving better handling
3) Not sure about performance.. and the fit either.. it depends on the size of the new head vs the old head
4) Tacho would be around 5k. But donno where to look for it.
|26th May 2006, 00:31||#6|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Thanked: 4 Times
1) Stock K&N, didnt go for the conical coz the guy said that stock is good enough & i am happy. Also got the free flow from automech buit retaining the original muffler didnt want the car to be noisy, but have found a great improvement in power.
2) strut brace costs 1200 at automech, really good on turns at high speed, i felt a difference when i drove to goa.
3) Cam part i dont know havent done it.
4) tachometer .got simple one from Pricol costs just 950 buck and is good, nothing fancy. try any acessory shop they should be able to source one for you.
Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 26th May 2006 at 00:34.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|S-Zen?(Swift engine in a Zen)||raghuram.cg||Modifications & Accessories||14||21st September 2008 10:52|
|99'ZEN carb to ZEN mpfi....||Balram||Modifications & Accessories||17||10th December 2006 09:04|
|No more ZEN for Zen Lovers||abhibh||The Indian Car Scene||65||8th May 2006 17:17|
|Used Zen vs new Zen||shuvc||Hatchbacks||12||18th August 2005 19:16|
|E-Zen & B-Zen....||MustangMan||The Indian Car Scene||3||2nd July 2005 21:27|