Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th May 2006, 12:46   #1

Default ECU Chip for new Honda Accord 2.4 MT.

Hi all,

I have the new Honda Accord 2.4 litre manual transmission and am interested in adding a chip to my stock ECU to increase power without any further mods. Anybody has any opinions and recommendations on such chips and how much bhp increase in power can be achieved by the use of this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best,
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2006, 13:02   #2
BHPian

Check out the S300 at Hondata.com they are the best for the Hondas, i will be going for same one in near future
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2006, 14:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hondata is just a programmable ECU and yes they do tend to give you a good base map with the ECU.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 00:24   #4
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_8518
U should ask Arush(autopsyche) he is considered to be the besst in modifications and performance upgardes in DELHI, he is gonna guide you..
hey Psycho ( Bangalore ) is closer to Chennai when compared to Delhi dont you think so...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 18:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Default Remap the ECU

Hi Challenger,

Maybe you should consider remapping the ECU rather than adding a chip!

Remapping could increase power upto 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger
Hi all,

I have the new Honda Accord 2.4 litre manual transmission and am interested in adding a chip to my stock ECU to increase power without any further mods. Anybody has any opinions and recommendations on such chips and how much bhp increase in power can be achieved by the use of this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best,
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 11:49   #6

thanks vikram
can i use a GReddy e-Manage to handle the remapping? Would i face any problems in future by doing such things as i dont want my car to make frequent visits to the workshop... pls advise.... thanks a ton...
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Hi Challenger,

Maybe you should consider remapping the ECU rather than adding a chip!

Remapping could increase power upto 15%
Well the honda ecu's cannot be directly remapped they need an additional daughter board for the same. Hondata provides direct swap ecu's with performance maps on them, these can however be further tuned as per your requirements.

As for using eManage, yes it will provide you with the similar features but with the additional hassle of doing the wiring. eManage will have to be mapped by a skilled tuner.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:16   #8
BHPian

Hey there guys !! This is really intresting !! I hav a OHC vtec, has anyone tried it on a OHC ?? and how much does it cost for a remaping or adding a chip. How much power boost on a OHC..?
Thanks !
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:34   #9

thanx psycho,
i just looked up Hondata and they don't seem to have anything listed for our new honda accord (which is the 2003 model). pls advise.
cheers,
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Challenger, i looked up Hondata too, was in contact with a person from singapore, after a few emails even he came up with a negative answer. No replacement ECU's for the '03 and up Accord.

However i am doing an air filter, performance wires and iridium plugs, stainless steel catback exhaust system (American import) for a couple of V6's right now. Expected gain 10-15bhp.

Arush
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:24   #11
BHPian

get in touch with a. r . motosport from mumbai... they might have some surprises in store for you.. contact ranjeet 9869045084
tell him amitabh told u to contact.
there was this guy who came from sri lanka to mumbai. get his number from ranjeet if u can
i dont prefer emanage cause it just confuses your ecm. prefer an ecm upgrade.
do u guys think these piggybacks are worth it???
lemme know

by the way arush... thats one psycho scoda you have there!!! always loved it since it apeared in mags....

Last edited by team dragstar : 3rd June 2006 at 21:25.
team dragstar is offline   Reply With Quote