Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th May 2006, 22:18   #1
Talking Need Higher Output Alternator And Electrical Help

umm hello , my name is shatul , i live im bombay .....i just bought myself a new 2006 esteem mpfi and have done the following to it...but i am having some serious issues with my car audio... here is the list as follows

1. Alpine - 9855 Head unit
2. Alpine - Mrd-M 1001 - 2000 Watt Monoblock For Bass
3. Alpine Amplifier Link For Amp Control From Heatunit
4. AudioBahn - Aw1200 -- 1250 wat continious Sub ( I need a Bigger one)
5. AudioBahn 1 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor
6. Blaupunkt - Vpa 4120 - 1500 watt 4 Chanel Amp
7. Boston Acoustics 6.5 Components Front And Rear.
8. Complete Car is wired with Mosnter cable For Sound
9. Entire Power Wiring is Done with Monster 3000 Series Powerflex 4 Gauge wires.I have also made sure that the distance from the capacitor to any amplifier .. alpine or blaupunkt does not exeed 12 inches (1 foot) and even those cables are monster 4 gauge.
10. Am Running a Optima Yellow Top. The 34D Deep Cycle one.

Ok .. so my problem is ... even with the yellow top... when i run all my lights and a/c and fog lights.. even when i brake at night with my all my lights on... the voltage drops due to the additional load on the alternator and battery to power my brake lights....and i see the voltage drop to 11.5 and it does hold around there.. all thanks to the Yellow Top Optima ...... what i think that there is a massive draw on my alternator... now my problem is..at below 12 volts.. my system is producing less out put.... so does anyone know of a higher output alternator? i would like to see a constant 13.8 volts atleast.. am also thinking about getting a bigger cap.. 2 or 3 farad.. but am worried about the load this would put on my already maxed out alternator... i need a Higher output alternator.. can anyone give me some details for my 2006 MPFI esteem? any help on this subject would be highly appreciated.... i am just getting worried now with the monsoons comming.. will have to drive around with the a/c and the lights and wipers and all that .. so its gonna be putting a mad load on my alternator..... any help again will be KILLLLA .......

Thank you very much

Dj Tool
Serephana Records.

Last edited by Tool : 27th May 2006 at 22:26.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 22:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Man it is ok to have 11.5 volts this much can be considered ok. See my system in my profile. I have the nearly the same or more of it in my wheels. Voltage dips till 11.5 but regains fast to 12.5 or more so no problem....
Since u have a single amp bass and one for the mids and highs it will be working ok, No need for spending on cap it will not make a large diff......But surely do the BIG 3 it will help.........

One more thing the alpine amplifer link for amp control For how much did u got it for and from where.......

mods please shift this thread to the

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th May 2006 at 22:56.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 23:04   #3

hello low bass maker
umm i know its ok ..hehe but i want to ge the most out of this install.. lol.. i know im being greedy.. but i am a sound engineer after all . hehe but would like to see that voltage stay high...
As for the alpine amplifier link.. i got it for Rs 4,500 .. from the official alpine Distributor... directly went to the distributor here in mumbai.. but i am very sure that it is available at the alpine mega store in delhi as well.. hope this helped..

.. also .. can anyone tell me where i can get dynamat or wurth put into my car here in bombay.. need to stop the jarring... thanks again.. and also how much would it cost me to get dynamat or wurth put in and if they could do it for me
thanks a lot everyone
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2006, 00:52   #4

Ok... i'm not an ICE contibutor. So I cannot help you here.
Just curious whether your ID (Tool) has anything to do with the band?!

ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2006, 11:11   #5

I agree with LBM that u should have a look at 'big3' wires.

u got nice set up except that alpine amp is running audiobahn instaed of some ID,JL,alpine or infinty subw.

do post it on thread-what ICE @ what price.

Mods,this thread can be shifted to ICE.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 28th May 2006 at 11:15.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 18:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey tool,

Your alternator is designed to for a normal car and not a car with such a heavy electrical load. Suggest you have a separate battery to get the best out of your audio system as well as your car.

Alternators are designed keeping in mind the engine characteristics and hence it may be difficult to enhance them,
headers is offline   Reply With Quote