Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th June 2013, 21:24   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Building a 500 BHP 4wd Beast - Mitsubishi Lancer

Wow! quite impressive work there. The Lancer has been one of my all time favourites. I am curious on how you were able to accommodate all these mods on the HM version of lancer.

Waiting for more updates. Did you get the Dyno done? any figures that you can post?

I would love to see more pictures.
krichared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 11:34   #17
BHPian

Came across a link on the demise on the EVO
http://forums.motortrend.com/70/8566...ind/index.html

stuntfreak, You have an absolute gem in your hands now that the EVO is going to be extinct. Your car just became more desirable.
CoolBlueBiker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:20   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Project over

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntfreak View Post
Well, we have finished this project, and the car is now ready to rock and roll.

Stunt Freak.
That's one awesome looking car there . Would love to see more pictures and videos. Glued to this thread !!!
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 00:25   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Project over

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
That's one awesome looking car there . Would love to see more pictures and videos. Glued to this thread !!!
Yep.. The car is under testing currently to avoid any failures on the track. I'm planning a track day after the rains in Delhi. Lets see how things go. If they go as planned, I'll be able to post successful results on team bhp in 15 to 20 days and enjoy a nice track day after the rains! will keep you posted.. as soon as the tests are done.

PS: Tunning an AEM Series II isnt easy.. AT ALL.. specially with so many custom parts..

Stunt Freak.

Drive Safe
stuntfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:07   #20
BANNED

Didnt this car run slower times than a stock evo at the speed run? I<3turbo's stock evo ran a 13 flat while this was making 14 second passes. Did you guys face some issues with the car?
swiftracer0589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 13:11   #21
BHPian

Hi Stuntfreak! I would really like to know how you got your displacement up to 2.5 litres from a stroker kit as u said u started with a stock evo

Please can you state the turbo sizing and ar ratio with how much boost you are running and what engine management you are using. Pune dosent have 97 ron gas so if you are running regular speed how do you plan to see those numbers. Details would be appreciated

We have some timing equipment here in mumbai. Would be glad to help you check your vehicles performance. We also have a few evos of our own if you would like to compare relative perfomance. Would really like to see this 2.5 l block in action.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd June 2013 at 13:37.
vivanbhathena is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:00   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanbhathena View Post
Hi Stuntfreak! I would really like to know how you got your displacement up to 2.5 litres from a stroker kit as u said u started with a stock evo

Please can you state the turbo sizing and ar ratio with how much boost you are running and what engine management you are using. Pune dosent have 97 ron gas so if you are running regular speed how do you plan to see those numbers. Details would be appreciated

We have some timing equipment here in mumbai. Would be glad to help you check your vehicles performance. We also have a few evos of our own if you would like to compare relative perfomance. Would really like to see this 2.5 l block in action.

Valid points made vivan. I have never heard of a 2.5 stroker kit for the 4g63.
Old 24th June 2013, 01:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftracer0589 View Post
Didnt this car run slower times than a stock evo at the speed run? I<3turbo's stock evo ran a 13 flat while this was making 14 second passes. Did you guys face some issues with the car?
Our Timing in the Valley run was 13.6 . Yes we had a lot of problems (Including a leaking waste gate). Nothing was set. The Engine was a fresh built. And Turbo Boost was very low as well. The ECU also wasnt set up properly. Many many issues, and little time. This valley run was more of fun and less of a race for us as we really did not showcase our best. Hopefully with the latest config, and setup, we will be able to clock under 11 in the next run. Lets see what happens and hope for the best.

Quote:

Regarding the kit: I've not invented anything. Just bought and installed the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brian-Crower...-/330931999158

About the Turbo. Before I started working, I got my self this. (Link below). It's like the bible of Turbo Charging. If you plan to turbo a car your self, get this. and read it!
http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-.../dp/0837601606

I have a M24 Turbo, with A/R 0.7

My boost starts all the up at 4000 RPM and carries on till 9000 RPM.

There is a lot of lag, but frankly, after getting used to it, I love the Lag for driving in and around town. You dont want boost at low revs. Also at crusing speeds (120 approx), in 5th is comfortable without the boost. It also prevents over heating. Once the Boost is on, you can see the EGT shoot up really high. Some times even 1450 deg F. Scary sometimes.

I'm running at 25 psi boost at the moment. Using an AEM Series II ECU and keep trying the magic of re programming on it every now and then.

Regarding a/f ratio, its currently set to 12.5:1

Yes you are right, pune has only 93 octane at the most. But that I hope does the job well in the long term. I'm not stretching it to the limit as of now.

I would definately love to meet up and compare the car with other Evos and also get some timing right.

Currently I'm using my phone app ( which works on GPS and basically starts the timer as soon as I move, and stops after 400m ). The Best clocked so far is 11.8 on the App. Dont know how accurate that is. And still working on tuning. In case you have some literature for tuning ECU's let me know. I am really trying to search for more and more stuff on the web and in this awesome book that I have. But it gets so confusing some times. Have to read it 2 times. Lets see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftracer0589 View Post
Valid points made vivan. I have never heard of a 2.5 stroker kit for the 4g63.
I hope the link mentioned above solved your query. There is also another place where you can view the details of this kit:

PS: I'm not sure if its exactly the same.

http://www.rawbrokerage.com/brian-cr...man-rods-4g63/
Old 24th June 2013, 07:30   #24
BHPian

Appreciate the reply. But i must inform u that the kit is on a 4g64 block which is 2.4 litre stock. The highest u can go on a 2.0 is 2.3 and very dangerously 2.4litre. The walls will be dangerously thin. 25 psi on 93 octane is possible but i am pretty sure not at a 12 afr. You have to run much richer and if you are running a gt35 with ar 70 then your boost kicks in at about 4500-4750 rpm minimum which means that you cannot possibly be running 11.8 qmile unless your running a nitrous shot at to cover your initial lag. If u have managed this i really would love to see it as we can really learn thing or two from your setup. Sub 12 sec requires 450-500whp minimum on a laden weight of 2000 pounds. The gps apps are often wrong unless the road surface is level etc and the phone was held in a certain way. But not off by so much so often. Thanks hope to see you soon in mumbai. I would love to post a video on this. Also the link for the turbo you provided is a book on turbo charging on amazon. Cheers!!

Last edited by vivanbhathena : 24th June 2013 at 07:32.
vivanbhathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 09:00   #25
BANNED

Those apps are on a 2 second delay and are never accurate. I would never rely on it. You would be better off measuring where the 1/4 mile is and using a stop watch.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate the reply. But i must inform u that the kit is on a 4g64 block which is 2.4 litre stock. The highest u can go on a 2.0 is 2.3 and very dangerously 2.4litre. The walls will be dangerously thin. 25 psi on 93 octane is possible but i am pretty sure not at a 12 afr. You have to run much richer and if you are running a gt35 with ar 70 then your boost kicks in at about 4500-4750 rpm minimum which means that you cannot possibly be running 11.8 qmile unless your running a nitrous shot at to cover your initial lag. If u have managed this i really would love to see it as we can really learn thing or two from your setup. Sub 12 sec requires 450-500whp minimum on a laden weight of 2000 pounds. The gps apps are often wrong unless the road surface is level etc and the phone was held in a certain way. But not off by so much so often. Thanks hope to see you soon in mumbai. I would love to post a video on this. Also the link for the turbo you provided is a book on turbo charging on amazon. Cheers!!
Well first of all, thanks a lot. You seem to be very knowledgeable. I'm still learning. Thanks for your awesome tips.

About the link: Yes its a great book. Helps a lot. You should get it if you are interested in doing crazy stuff with a turbo.

Well no nitrous used. I'm actually scared to make it more richer. Don't want to blow up the engine. More than timing, keeping the car safe is kind of more important to me.

We will definitely meet up one day. let me finish some testing here. I'mm update it on the thread once done!
Old 25th August 2013, 12:47   #27
BHPian

Very interesting build Would love to see it in flesh one day since both of us are based out of Pune.
Keep it up and best wishes for the future planned mods.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote