Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:07   #1
BHPian
 
ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 289
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Performance For A Hyundai Accent 1.6 GLS?

Hi guys....
My very close friend just got a second-hand Hyundai Asscent 1.6 Gls. he actually wants to upgrade the performance of the car...
I know we can do up the Free Flow / Exhaust / External Air Filter. But wat more can be done..
I was said that the Spark Plugs / Spark Wires / Short Shifter / FRP (Fuel Regulator Pressure) cant be put on the asscent..
please advice...
Regards !!
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:56   #2
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Hi guys....
My very close friend just got a second-hand Hyundai Asscent 1.6 Gls. he actually wants to upgrade the performance of the car...
I know we can do up the Free Flow / Exhaust / External Air Filter. But wat more can be done..
I was said that the Spark Plugs / Spark Wires / Short Shifter / FRP (Fuel Regulator Pressure) cant be put on the asscent..
please advice...
Regards !!
Hi,

You can definitely put what you said above with the exception of the FRP. Besides what you know yon also port/polish, put a high lift cam, ecu upgrade, throttle body enlargement NOS etc etc.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 15:26   #3
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

it also depends on his budget...does turbo ring a bell?besides,cams sound intresting too
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 15:43   #4
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh
first of all the budget....then we shuld start tokin..but i could suggest a free flow exhaust,extreme edition air filter,servocharger double fan,volt stabilizer,intake pipe,intake charger,spark plugs,high pressure fuel regulator and the last but not the least and the most important thing the rubber.
cheers~~~
rishabh
dude,looks like u spend too much time reading nivits add in aci,i am talking about the serbo and intake charger......trust me,i bought the serbo thing from him when i met him at the auto expo,it sucks...really,it actually lowered my performance...then i got rid of it.its up of sale if any1 wants it.+ whats an intake charger anyway....i didnt understand when nivit explained it to me...he said it holds ur rpm when u shift,so what when u shift at the rev limiter?can any1 pls shed some more light on the intake charger...
ps...no offence to nivit,he's a nice guy
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:53   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Performance parts..... serbocharger?? intake charger?? voltagestabilizer??

Ha ha ha!! No Comments.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 17:19   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh
first of all the budget....then we shuld start tokin..but i could
suggest a free flow exhaust,extreme edition air filter,servocharger double fan,volt stabilizer,intake pipe,intake charger,spark plugs,high pressure fuel regulator and the last but not the least and the most important thing the rubber.
cheers~~~
rishabh
Are we talking real life here or NFS UNDERGROUND????
Dude these things work FINE in a video game but on a day to day basis for an everyday car are you KIDDING ME?
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 19:35   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hey Rishabh, temper temper. When you start taking things like serbocharger seriously, we have no choice but to accept it for pure entertaintment value. How naive do you think we really are? Voltage stabiliser lets you hold rpm? One can't imagine it would have anything to do with anything other than the automotive electrical system. Servocharger double fan?? Sounds like a marketing gimmick for a Chinese company manufacturing air conditioners. Do people still fall for these? Have people stopped using Google? It's free for chrissakes!
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 19:50   #8
BHPian
 
ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 289
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey Guys theres so much more to do in performance... i didnt know that i cud do much more for an accent...
With so much more.. feels like i am just a ricer out here !!
N hey rishab.. where did u get all of these things done from ... N how much did each cost you !!

N i really appriciate the feedback from you guys... damn theres a alot to learn in performance ehh!!

Mod Note: Use the EDIT function when posting consequtively within 20 minutes of each other.

Last edited by ported_head : 3rd June 2006 at 19:55.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:36   #9
BHPian
 
team dragstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

never mind mr. r .. new modifiers ... ok first ollie step by step it is
1.air filter , exaust, spark plugs, cables.
2. upgrade your rims, tyres
3. upgrade suspension
4. get 270 profile cams, port and polish head , fix uprated valve springs,
5. spec you ecu unit .
6. forged pistons, engine build up.
7. nos or turbo ... your choice...

cheers
good one autopsyche... wht are those 'performance parts' get real people. we are not building toy cars here.


check overboost.com for parts availabilty

Last edited by team dragstar : 3rd June 2006 at 21:38.
team dragstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 09:19   #10
BHPian
 
z klasse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Performance parts..... serbocharger?? intake charger?? voltagestabilizer??

Ha ha ha!! No Comments.
HAHAHAHA... U bet arush.. what to say man.. if we say something it will create a war on team bhp... rather not say and let them do it and learn for themselves.
z klasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 09:24   #11
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
HAHAHAHA... U bet arush.. what to say man.. if we say something it will create a war on team bhp... rather not say and let them do it and learn for themselves.

Hey Man,

Its not polite to laugh at others suggestions. Why blame the poor confused kid when he is a victim of good sales talk .

Sorry could not resist. What we should do is warn the guys about such stuff and then let them find out for themselves if they decide to go ahead. There will always be different types of advice coming in. One from people who know what they speak and the other from people who have heard/read/surfed about it but in all probabilities never done it themselves.

At the end of the day at least they cannot blame anyone on Tbhp for wrong advice
Viper

Last edited by viper : 4th June 2006 at 09:25.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 15:55   #12
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Rishabh, no offense, but it looks like someone's been taking you for a ride and selling you stuff that has no real performance value. Stuff like Serbo/servocharger etc has already been extensively discussed here in our joke threads, because we all know that they're marketing gimmicks that are used on people who don't know much about cars, or people who think they know more than they do.

Ollie, you can pretty much do to the Accent what you're planning on doing/have already done to your car.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 16:44   #13
BHPian
 
R32_GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 543
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Rishabh mate...you crack me up every single time with your posts..

sticking to the topic...

if practicality is not an issue....try to shed some weight!!

there is quite a lot you can do...use your imagination....plus it would cost close to nothing!!

if not...use all the other stuff (realistic bits) that some of the more mature members have suggested!!
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 22:14   #14
BHPian
 
rdkarthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 206
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hi,

If your intention is to enter competitions, like maybe drags, better pick some other car.
Sorry to say, but hyundai engines are REALLY bad from the performance perspective,seriously doubt their performance claims...

Seen one viva being worked starting with a turbo ,then (minus turbo) with k & n intake, exhaust headers, high current cord wires,complete head work,standalone ecu, and direct port nitrous being very easily outpaced by a stock honda v-tec... One look at the cross section area of the intake tract and you will know.......These engines look like they were purely developed for street driving, which is about the only thing they are good at!

And its even worse with the accent 1.5s...



Karthik.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 4th June 2006 at 22:20.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 22:24   #15
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik
Hi,

If your intention is to enter competitions, like maybe drags, better pick some other car.
Sorry to say, but hyundai engines are REALLY bad from the performance perspective,seriously doubt their performance claims...

Seen one viva being worked starting with a turbo ,then (minus turbo) with k & n intake, exhaust headers, high current cord wires,complete head work,standalone ecu, and direct port nitrous being very easily outpaced by a stock honda v-tec... One look at the cross section area of the intake tract and you will know.......These engines look like they were purely developed for street driving, which is about the only thing they are good at!

And its even worse with the accent 1.5s...



Karthik.
right said.......hyundai engines can never match the fe or power of honda or even maruti
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS Engine Oil Consumption Peter Technical Stuff 35 10th February 2009 18:30
Suggest me, Esteem vxi, Hyundai Accent GLE/GLS or Corsa 1.4/1.6 willy Sedans 63 9th June 2008 19:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks