Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th June 2006, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Default Performance upgrade for my NNHC

Hey all

Any gurus out there can help me with a basic performance mod for my ride and the cost of the same .Also if someone can tell me whether company warranty will have any effect as it is a Jan 2006 car.

cheers
mike
mike3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 15:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Any serious performance mod to engine will kill your warranty. MAybe you can get the replacement K&N air filter, better spark plugs. You could haev got a VTEC in the first place

Your car has a freeflow right?

edit:

check this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-1-3-ikon.html (Advice needed for performance upgrade for the 1.3 Ikon)

Last edited by jkdas : 11th June 2006 at 15:44.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Any serious performance mod to engine will kill your warranty. MAybe you can get the replacement K&N air filter, better spark plugs. You could haev got a VTEC in the first place

Your car has a freeflow right?
nope does nt have a free flow...N Vtec... he he ...was goin a bit outta my budget

I ve heard that the K&N air filters causes the engine getting exposed to a lot of dust accumalation.
Is it true??

Last edited by mike3d : 11th June 2006 at 15:41.
Old 12th June 2006, 01:43   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3d
nope does nt have a free flow...N Vtec... he he ...was goin a bit outta my budget

I ve heard that the K&N air filters causes the engine getting exposed to a lot of dust accumalation.
Is it true??
hey u spent so much on the bodykit...might as well have bought a vtec.on the contrary k&n filters help the engine breathe better thereby increasing power & f.e.no k&n filters have been designed to operate under dusty conditions and thus prevent dust from entering the engine.the oiled cotton of the filter has a micron filters to prevent any dust from goin inside.this is why all the rally cars use k&n filters.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 10:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
hey u spent so much on the bodykit...might as well have bought a vtec.on the contrary k&n filters help the engine breathe better thereby increasing power & f.e.no k&n filters have been designed to operate under dusty conditions and thus prevent dust from entering the engine.the oiled cotton of the filter has a micron filters to prevent any dust from goin inside.this is why all the rally cars use k&n filters.
Hmm
My doubts are getting clearer now ..thanx buddy
So u think i should go in for the extreme conical..and will it have any effect on the warranty.
Old 12th June 2006, 11:05   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

glad to be of help.extreme conical will make ur warranty void.go for the stock replacement filter.
or u cud install the conical filter and if u need to claim warranty for some reason/malfunction u can take off the filter,put the air box back and take it to the workshop.
IMHO it makes sense only to go for a exteme conical filter as the difference between theprices of the conical and stock replacement is hardly Rs500.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote