Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th June 2006, 15:20   #1
Question Tata Indigo Modifications

Hi all

Just completed 1.5 lakh Kms on my Indigo (2004 model). Kinda love my car but its getting too sluggish and boring with speed drastically limiting to 130 km/h... cough cough (earlier i used to regularly do 160-165 km/h)

I still am in no mood of buying a new one... to be honest none of the indian cars are up to the international standards so am holding on to this one for some more time till we see Beamers hitting the Indian scene hard. But seriously wud love to modify it.

Now modification is not just outside but also under the hood. My friend in Delhi does decent Body mods but still can't find any who could suggest a cool under-the-hood mod.

I am looking for going on with ECU controlled engine (one which Skoda has!!) but i dunno the price for the engine. Infact it wud b difficult to find one here. Ofcourse a diesel one... Price of petrol is sky rocketing...

Could someone suggest hw to go abt it..

also I can easily get a Webasto sun roof done, but is it possible for someone to come up with a cool retractable roof kinda stuff!!!

And what paint should I go for... I hv a Pink indigo (this was a gift frm my uncle so he thought that this color wud b nice ).. Consider that I would be using decals. This can be sourced easily as I can ask my bro to get one from US when he comes in Aug.

Any decent body kit around??? Have seen couple of guys using some new body kit from ART (but mostly on Lancers and City). Havent heard abt them.

Is it possible to source carbon fiber hood (or made here in India??)

And last but not the least very very good underbody neon job (something seen in Need for Speed or US street cars)... I tried using the standard (4ft/2ft) neon tubes, but they were terrible. can someone really make an array of neons which can be designed to go around under the car (like curved tubes!!)??? I know a supplier in delhi who makes fiberglass sheets so later on I can easily get the whole underside plated with transparent fiberglass.

Guys I am pretty serious abt this... and if wanted I can even drive down south to get this done... but finish is very important.
diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 15:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The ECU thingy is only available for CRDi engines for now and sadly none for Tata vehicles, Scorp and Innova ( under test it seems). They cost 25K or so. Try plonking a accent crdi engine and get a Pete's box
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 15:36   #3

My Gosh! Can you please first tell me how did you make 1.5Lk kms in just 2 years? what purpose are you using this car for? and how could you go on 165 kms/hr in Delhi?
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 17:24   #4

pm arush, he is the right person in Delhi,(if you have a right budget
you also mentined that some friend of yours do exteriors in Delhi, wts his name? about under the hood you can also contact nivit bhasin in Delhi. i got my big conical filter and exhaust done from him
Wadhwa Ajay
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote