Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 23:58   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,532
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Smile re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Could someone who has bought Karcher 3.550 in Bangalore recently (2013) share the price. I believe its cheaper in Metro cash&carry (Bangalore).

Is it possible to source power from car (battery or alternator) for people like me living in apartments.

Regards.
No - Car Batteries or the cigarette lighter socket Car Inverters will NOT support pressure washers.

You would need a basic inverter(costs 5000/-) at the very least. PLease read my post (5 posts above this post) for a simple suggestion. That is easier for you than buying an inverter. If you appartment complex is huge, I am sure there will be a 5 amps socket nearby. Make a 5 amp to 15 amp converter (any electrical shop will do it) and use your conventional 5 amps plug

Last edited by scopriobharath : 26th February 2013 at 00:00. Reason: typo
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 09:28   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,523
Thanked: 1,133 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
No - Car Batteries or the cigarette lighter socket Car Inverters will NOT support pressure washers.

You would need a basic inverter(costs 5000/-) at the very least. PLease read my post (5 posts above this post) for a simple suggestion. That is easier for you than buying an inverter. If you appartment complex is huge, I am sure there will be a 5 amps socket nearby. Make a 5 amp to 15 amp converter (any electrical shop will do it) and use your conventional 5 amps plug

Why is there a need for 5A to 15A converter if you are using a 5A plug?

Also if the current rating of the equipment is >5A(meaning it has a 15 A plug AND the current rating is specified on the equipment) and you have a 5A socket, its downright dangerous to create a 5A->15A converter and use it. This can lead to heating of the wires and can create a potential fire hazard over prolonged usage!
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 21:05   #288
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 5,030 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

I think he means 5-amp plug in 15-amp socket (or equivalent converter) which would be safe.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 12:18   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 671
Thanked: 894 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Bosch is running an offer for the pressure washer and drill kits for Holi. Attached is the details for the promo.
Note mods: This is just for the benefit of the members and in no way a sales promotion for the products mentioned. If you think otherwise, please delete the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-holi_offer.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:09   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,912
Thanked: 108 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Bosch is running an offer for the pressure washer and drill kits for Holi. Attached is the details for the promo.
Note mods: This is just for the benefit of the members and in no way a sales promotion for the products mentioned. If you think otherwise, please delete the post.
Thanks for the useful post.

Is there any washer from Bosch that can be used on a stagnant water source?

From the Karcher range, which is the cheapest that I can buy with a stagnant water source? can this also be used with a tap?
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 19:52   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Thanks for the useful post.

Is there any washer from Bosch that can be used on a stagnant water source?

From the Karcher range, which is the cheapest that I can buy with a stagnant water source? can this also be used with a tap?
I think the Karcher 2.110 which retails for less than 7k or so should be able to draw water. Some members have tried it, and have been successful. If not, you can get the Karcher 3.550 which is 12k or so from metro and that definitely can draw water from a stagnant source
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 23:31   #292
BHPian
 
NST440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 179
Thanked: 156 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Please can anyone suggest me where can i find a snow foam lance for my Bosch aquatak 100 plus. Online its available via UK sellers only i guess, is it too unique a thing to be available in India. Is anybody amongst us using it already?
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 19:03   #293
BHPian
 
VANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Please can anyone suggest me where can i find a snow foam lance for my Bosch aquatak 100 plus. Online its available via UK sellers only i guess, is it too unique a thing to be available in India. Is anybody amongst us using it already?
Dear NST 440, If you do get any info about the foam lance bottle for Bosch, Please do let me know too. I'll do the same if i get lucky
VANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 22:02   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,523
Thanked: 1,133 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Please can anyone suggest me where can i find a snow foam lance for my Bosch aquatak 100 plus. Online its available via UK sellers only i guess, is it too unique a thing to be available in India. Is anybody amongst us using it already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Dear NST 440, If you do get any info about the foam lance bottle for Bosch, Please do let me know too. I'll do the same if i get lucky
Add me to the list too. I am also desperately looking for a foam lance. And the cost of it on ebay UK is atrocious! If you find something in india for cheap let me know!
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 18:28   #295
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 377
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Hi Bhpians,

Currently i am in Europe and there is a sale happening on kracher Items in my company store

Some of the items are :

Karcher-K-2-425 sale price around 8300(actual price listed is 12,000 INR)

Karcher Wv70 Window Vac sale price around 3500(actual price listed is 6,000 INR).

do you say this is the best deal??

I am not aware of the prices in India hence posting it here.

Mods kindly delete this post if its OT.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 27th March 2013 at 18:29.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 13:27   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,532
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Currently i am in Europe and there is a sale happening on kracher Items in my company store

Some of the items are :

Karcher-K-2-425 sale price around 8300(actual price listed is 12,000 INR)

Karcher Wv70 Window Vac sale price around 3500(actual price listed is 6,000 INR).

I am not aware of the prices in India hence posting it here.

Mods kindly delete this post if its OT.
The only two concerns are:

Karcher UK warranty is to respected in india, lest something should go wrong.

Electrical sockets need a conveter from UK Spec to India Spec.

Karcher K2 Series is available for 7.5K in india. K3 is available for 13K. I would suggest to buy from India only. If you are looking for some accessories like KArcher Chassis cleaner, get that from UK, but buy the machine from India.

UK Machine spec Spares are very rare to find in India. A known acquaintance had to bring spares from UK everytime and finally got frustrated, disposed the same and got an Indian Spec Karcher K3 (K3.550) series.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th March 2013 at 13:30.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 13:37   #297
BHPian
 
Chris_Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Please can anyone suggest me where can i find a snow foam lance for my Bosch aquatak 100 plus. Online its available via UK sellers only i guess, is it too unique a thing to be available in India. Is anybody amongst us using it already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Dear NST 440, If you do get any info about the foam lance bottle for Bosch, Please do let me know too. I'll do the same if i get lucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Add me to the list too. I am also desperately looking for a foam lance. And the cost of it on ebay UK is atrocious! If you find something in india for cheap let me know!
Adding me to the list as well. Had been hunting for it for a long time for my Aquatak 120. Any pointers in getting it would be of great help.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 16:09   #298
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 5,030 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Electrical sockets need a conveter from UK Spec to India Spec.
The plug is not a problem: cut off the UK plug and fit an Indian plug!

Everything else that you mention, about warranty and spares, however, could certainly be a problem.

I don't know about Karcher, but the smaller Bosch machines are so much cheaper in UK that it might be worth buying there. Heavy though: better not have anything else to carry back on the plane!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 19:00   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,532
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Bhpians,

do you say this is the best deal??
Bring some "Novel" item like Chassis Cleaner / Karcher Puzzi Car upholstery cleaner machine etc from UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The only two concerns are:

Karcher UK warranty is not respected in india, lest something should go wrong.
Warranty issues plague us & spares too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The plug is not a problem: cut off the UK plug and fit an Indian plug!

Everything else that you mention, about warranty and spares, however, could certainly be a problem.

I don't know about Karcher, but the smaller Bosch machines are so much cheaper in UK that it might be worth buying there. Heavy though: better not have anything else to carry back on the plane!
My Friend used to go 6 months an year to UK & bring relevant parts. Once he changed his job to an india based job due to familiy, he had lot of issues in importing parts. Then he purchased a K3.550.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 17:30   #300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 180
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Bought Karcher K3.550 from a local dealer for 13K last month. Washed Car 2-3 times.
mandyrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Wiper & Washer ? Why only on hatch backs and NOT on sedans? Kinetik Technical Stuff 64 22nd November 2016 13:25
VW Polo DIY: Windshield washer low-level sensor & dash warning Gannu_1 DIY - Do it yourself 27 27th August 2016 08:53
Convert Air compressor to a Pressure water washer? rajivanoj Technical Stuff 5 3rd February 2014 00:45
The 'Actual' Tyre Pressure : Is Atmospheric Pressure Counted? sr_1445 Technical Stuff 2 16th January 2014 11:05
High pressure car washer using air compressor recshenoy Modifications & Accessories 2 1st October 2009 09:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks