Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th April 2013, 12:50   #316
rbp
BHPian

Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

guys, I too bought the K3.550. I just need a clarification, is the foam nozzle included in the kit? Any idea about the price of the foam nozzle? I bought it from Metro 13K, washed the car and wife's scooter once and I am loving it, I am extremely happy as the amount of water consumed in the washing is also very less.
rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 14:10   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
guys, I too bought the K3.550. I just need a clarification, is the foam nozzle included in the kit? Any idea about the price of the foam nozzle? I bought it from Metro 13K, washed the car and wife's scooter once and I am loving it, I am extremely happy as the amount of water consumed in the washing is also very less.
No - Foam nozzle is NOT included in the Box. It needs to be purchased extra. It costs 1000/- .

http://www.machpowertools.com/pid-13...r_name=karcher

- Do post pics of your KArcher K3.550
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 21:20   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
guys, I too bought the K3.550. I just need a clarification, is the foam nozzle included in the kit? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

No - Foam nozzle is NOT included in the Box. It needs to be purchased extra. It costs 1000/- .

- Do post pics of your KArcher K3.550
Can you please guide me where to get the adapters for the tap? Did it come in the package? Also have you tried using it with a bucket? Any special adapaters needed?

also once the detergent gets over, what other detergents can we use with the machine via the detergent tank?

Thanks.

scorpiobharath the underbody lance also seems to be available on the same website btw. Looks the same as roof cleaner.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 01:40   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
scorpiobharath the underbody lance also seems to be available on the same website btw. Looks the same as roof cleaner.
I am referring to the scond image which the Chassis cleaner. The first pic is the Angled lance, suited for Under Side-Step / Wheel arches / SUV Roof Cleaning.

I am looking to buy the second one . The second pone is the Offcial Chassis cleaner.

Name:  karcherangledspraylance.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  53d1c9f3ac766fa62091afa38fc504c5.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  16.3 KB

Last edited by scopriobharath : 30th April 2013 at 01:42.
Old 30th April 2013, 05:04   #320
BHPian

Quote:
I am referring to the scond image which the Chassis cleaner. The first pic is the Angled lance, suited for Under Side-Step / Wheel arches / SUV Roof Cleaning.

I am looking to buy the second one . The second pone is the Offcial Chassis cleaner.
IIRC this is available only in the international markets. Doubtful if you can find it here.

Im now wondering what all car washes I can use via the detergent tank. That would really ease things up for me.
Old 30th April 2013, 08:27   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC this is available only in the international markets. Doubtful if you can find it here.

Im now wondering what all car washes I can use via the detergent tank. That would really ease things up for me.
You can use any car wash liquid in the detergent tank .Why did you get that doubt in the first place?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 08:50   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

You can use any car wash liquid in the detergent tank .Why did you get that doubt in the first place?
No i was thinking if using different deteregents aka Non Karcher ones, would harm the motor or something. Need to read the manual and see if water and detergent are passed through different channels.

Also thinking if ONR in car wash dilution can be used in the detergent tank?

Any idea How much liquid does the machine consume from the detergent tank for one wash? Dont want to end up finishing 8oz of Onr in one shot you see. Lol:
Old 30th April 2013, 09:05   #323
BHPian

I use Amyway Car shampoo diluted in 1:3 ratio filled in the detergent tank .
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 09:07   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No i was thinking if using different deteregents aka Non Karcher ones, would harm the motor or something. Need to read the manual and see if water and detergent are passed through different channels.

Also thinking if ONR in car wash dilution can be used in the detergent tank?

Any idea How much liquid does the machine consume from the detergent tank for one wash? Dont want to end up finishing 8oz of Onr in one shot you see. Lol:
No problem with using different detergents!No harm to the motor since the detergent will be diluted with water.

Using ONR in the detergent bottle will be a waste IMHO.ONR is not meant for use with machine! The detergents which produce rich lather are best to use with such machines!
Old 30th April 2013, 09:10   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I use Amyway Car shampoo diluted in 1:3 ratio filled in the detergent tank .
Quote:

No problem with using different detergents!No harm to the motor since the detergent will be diluted with water.
Ive an unused bottle of formula 1 wash and wax lying around. Thinking of putting that to use. Can I use it directly or do I need to dilute it?

About the ONR why the idea came to my head is that since ONR can be diluted into a car wash for two bucket method, then why not use it in same concetration in the detergent tank? Will need to do subsequent washes and will update back in a month about all the products.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:01   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive an unused bottle of formula 1 wash and wax lying around. Thinking of putting that to use. Can I use it directly or do I need to dilute it?

About the ONR why the idea came to my head is that since ONR can be diluted into a car wash for two bucket method, then why not use it in same concetration in the detergent tank? Will need to do subsequent washes and will update back in a month about all the products.
Formula 1 , use it in the ratio of 1:3 with water in the detergent tank. That should be good enough
Old 30th April 2013, 11:45   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, this is available in India very much. I checked with Karcher Mumbai dealers. One said 8300/- and another said 13,500/- (Pressure washer NOT included ).

Quote:
We could use "any" car shampoo / car wash liquid without harming the machine. Use of "powdery" detegents like Surf would damage the motor.

The chemical composition of all Car Shampoos are almost the same. They vary only by concenration/dilution factor.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:03   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, this is available in India very much. I checked with Karcher Mumbai dealers. One said 8300/- and another said 13,500/- (Pressure washer NOT included ).

We could use "any" car shampoo / car wash liquid without harming the machine. Use of "powdery" detegents like Surf would damage the motor.

The chemical composition of all Car Shampoos are almost the same. They vary only by concenration/dilution factor.
8300 is the right price going by what its sold at in the international markets!This is one of the most useful accessory one can buy for the Karchar! With this even the occasional visits to the wash center to get the under body cleaned will also be not required!

Wish Bosch had such attachments for the Aquatak!
Old 30th April 2013, 13:28   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8300 is the right price going by what its sold at in the international markets!This is one of the most useful accessory one can buy for the Karchar! With this even the occasional visits to the wash center to get the under body cleaned will also be not required!

Wish Bosch had such attachments for the Aquatak!
I think exactly as you think. .

In Fact Black and Decker & Bosch have most accessories like Patio Cleaner, Angled Lance, Rotary Brush etc for thier pressure washers. On another hand, they are cheaper than Karcher Accessories too.

This accessory is the only reason why I am planning to buy the KArcher K 3.550 instead of Black and Decker or Bosch.
Old 6th May 2013, 18:17   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8300 is the right price going by what its sold at in the international markets!
The Angled lance for example costs 3500/- in India.

The same thing costs USD $35 (35 X 54 = 1900/-) 1900 in USA, which is almost 50% cheaper compared to india.

Noticed one Thing -

Karcher K 3.550 costs 14,000 at Snapdeal online with free shipping. The same costs 13,000/- at "Metro Stores". Karcher has alomst managed to match Metro Prices, which is a boon for Karcher asiparants.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/karc...666863?pos=0;4

Last edited by scopriobharath : 6th May 2013 at 18:26.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote