Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th May 2013, 20:52   #331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

I use a black & decker pressure washer and my brother has a bosch pressure washr. I think they both are amazing as they work well in low voltage environments. I have heard of this abotu Karcher!

you can check out more of the car washers here: http://www.fabmart.com/collections/auto-cleaning
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 23:20   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
I use a black & decker pressure washer and my brother has a bosch pressure washr. I think they both are amazing as they work well in low voltage environments. I have heard of this abotu Karcher!

you can check out more of the car washers here: http://www.fabmart.com/collections/auto-cleaning
Which model of Black and decker do you use?

Fabmart seems to be expensive than Snapdeal. Given the fact that id the product is damaged / dead on arrival, we need to take it to the service station. I might as well pay least money online for it. Snapdeal is 1000 - 2000 cheaper than Fabmart.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 08:23   #333
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I use pd1300c. Snap deal has only imported karcher and they don't have Indian warranty products. I would pay that extra 1000 for a genuine product with Indian warranty.

Btw packing was done very well and shipped through bluedart. Not sure about snap deal. I guess they have become another eBay now! My issue with karcher is that they don't work in low voltage environments. Most of the city sub urns and towns have these issues. Either the pressure falls dramatically or the orange is on indicating power problems.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
(How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP)click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2013 at 08:55.
areddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 17:43   #334
BHPian

I have been using Bosch Aquatak 1250 for almost 3 years without any issues. It just needs a oil change/service once in six months.

However recently found Aquatak 1200 Plus which has a Foam Lance as well which would be very useful. Though yet to check the price.

http://www.bosch-garden.co.in/boptoc...8973/index.htm
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 09:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
I use pd1300c. Snap deal has only imported karcher and they don't have Indian warranty products. I would pay that extra 1000 for a genuine product with Indian warranty.

Btw packing was done very well and shipped through bluedart. Not sure about
further.
I jsut ordered and recieved a Karcher 3.550 through Snapdeal and it was done very efficiently. Delivery time was 5 days and i got the parcel in 3 days by air shipment from Delhi

This is a machine imported by Karcher India with a one year warranty !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:52   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
I have been using Bosch Aquatak 1250 for almost 3 years without any issues. It just needs a oil change/service once in six months.

However recently found Aquatak 1200 Plus which has a Foam Lance as well which would be very useful. Though yet to check the price.

http://www.bosch-garden.co.in/boptoc...8973/index.htm
That is not an actual snow foam lance. All it does is mix water with detergent and kinda spit it out. If you are looking for a foam lance go with karcher
VANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 21:07   #337
BHPian

Hi Mods please delete this post if its OT.

Yesterday i took my car Mazda MX-3 for a wash, and was very happy with the end results.

what surprised me was the guys used a silicon strip to remove the excess water from the car leaving no traces of water on the car as well as no traces of scratches and he hasn't used the cloth to wipe the car

do we get these kind of strips in India?
Attached Images

SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 22:55   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Mods please delete this post if its OT.

do we get these kind of strips in India?
Yes you can get it by importing from US. There are many brands. California jelly blade, pilot automotive squeegee. Costs around 2k inr landed to India.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:14   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
That is not an actual snow foam lance. All it does is mix water with detergent and kinda spit it out. If you are looking for a foam lance go with karcher
Oh that was a great info. Thanks! Infact my 1250 also does the same and I don't use the detergent container for the same reason. If this is going to be the same with 1200 Plus then it would be of no value add. BTW do you know any foam lance attachment available in India which can be fitted to a Bosch Aquatak 1250?
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 14:20   #340
BHPian

The detergent bottle provided with Bosch Aquatek 100+ is a total waste as we donot get any foam at all. I mixed 1:3 sonax car shampoo and water and it just sprayed water mixed with shampoo with very low pressure. There was no foam or soap bubbles. Next time, I would prefer shampooing car with wash mitt.
However, it took just 10 minutes approximately to to wash Scooty and ZMR both by spraying by detergent bottle and then by flexi lance.
Caution: The pressure from flexi jet lance was so much that, my ZMR's radiator got damaged. You guys need to be careful while pointing to radiator.
Attached Images

HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 19:50   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can get it by importing from US. There are many brands. California jelly blade, pilot automotive squeegee.
Or better, get it from US or request somebody to get it for you. The reason is they do not cost beyond $12 or so(INR 660) in US depending upon the size.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 23:11   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Or better, get it from US or request somebody to get it for you. The reason is they do not cost beyond $12 or so(INR 660) in US depending upon the size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Yes you can get it by importing from US. There are many brands. California jelly blade, pilot automotive squeegee. Costs around 2k inr landed to India.

Thanks for the feedback getsurya & Parthasarathig, have ordered online here in Poland in a website which is called as a local ebay for less than 300inr.

will update once i review the product
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 01:10   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
local ebay for less than 300inr
That is really a good price for it. Wonder what is the size that was ordered?

Look forward to pictures once you receive it.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 19:06   #344
Senior - BHPian

Friends - Need a suggestion from you all please.

I am going to the US shortly. I plan to come back to india and buy KArcher K 3.550 (with the savings ).

I want to buy the following accessories from US since it is cheaper and i am comfortable spending dollars than rupees.

Please let me know would the following accessories fit Karcher K 3.550.

Chassis Cleaner / Underbody cleaner:
http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-2-642-...hassis+cleaner

Angled Lance / MUV Roof Cleaner:
http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Right-...karcher+angled

Wheel / Rims / Spokes cleaner Brush:
http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Electr...er+accessories
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 00:37   #345
Senior - BHPian

I'm confused between these lances and nozzles. The Bosch Aquatak 100 plus consists of accessories Vario-Jet-Fan nozzle, Flexi-Jet-Power lance and Roto Jet lance.

I am guessing that I need the rotary thing for dislodging thick muck, without harming the paint by a pointed jet. Am I right? But then what does the jet coming from a Vario-Jet-Fan nozzle do differently from the Roto jet?

Will I be able to procure + attach a similar rotary lance if I buy the Karcher 2.110?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote