Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th August 2013, 23:26   #391
BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
K3.550 has induction motor compared to other karcher models & brands which should serve for a longer duration and can be used for extended useage like cleaning 2-3 cars at one go ,also the Pressure is very good compared to other models . trying getting from metro at B'lore should be lil cheaper , i got mine for 12k a year back .
Metro has stopped carrying the 3.550 model only recently. They have some different models now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I didn't know there were any British manufacturers! Turns out Kranzle is British, the others are German and Danish[?]
And I if I were buying today, I'd probably choose Karcher.
I keep buying the accessories from the British dealers - so Nilfisk, Kranzle, Lavor are the most commonly sold by them. Didnt know much about their origin. I got to know of the Indian distributor later on. Kranzle is an even more solidly built machine - full metal if im not wrong. 2 companies people swear by over there - Kranzle and Karcher HD series. Both well built and reliable machines. The Kranzle being the most easily serviceable machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
Thanx for info about foam lance.
I am planning to get karcher 3.550. Have seen videos of karcher nozzle only spraying out liquid shampoo without any foam so thought of foam lance. which pressure washer do you have and where did you source the hyperwash from?
The foam lance is a costly thing. I have that. For DIY use I wouldnt recommend it. You can do very well with the Karcher nozzle + soap with higher concentration. Ive both the foam nozzles and lance, the one you see in the video above as well as the Karcher one. Both are good.

I have K3.5 model. I get my hyperwash from Keystone enterprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Is this a good buy?

Been contemplating buying one. I get those deals on ICICI credit card for Bosch Aquatek too.

Help please? (@Partha boy!)
Sir, if you plan on using running water, then go for Bosch as it will come with a lot of attachments. The Karcher one will come with the dirtblaster also at that price range and dirt blaster is not advisable on cars. A vario lance would be needed for the Karcher model. But I see this 2.120 has a single spray lance. Perhaps that can be used on cars - Im not sure as I havent used this lance before.

The models that you are thinking of are both having brush motors. So you cannot run them continuously. You need to be aware of that. Intermittent short bursts will ensure the longevity of the motor.

This is also a good buy http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bosc...ign=appliances. 2 bhpians have this machine too.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 6th August 2013 at 23:31.
Parthasarathig is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 23:35   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Sir, if you plan on using running water, then go for Bosch as it will come with a lot of attachments. The Karcher one will come with the dirtblaster also at that price range and dirt blaster is not advisable on cars. A vario lance would be needed for the Karcher model. But I see this 2.120 has a single spray lance. Perhaps that can be used on cars - Im not sure as I havent used this lance before.

The models that you are thinking of are both having brush motors. So you cannot run them continuously. You need to be aware of that. Intermittent short bursts will ensure the longevity of the motor.

This is also a good buy http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bosc...ign=appliances. 2 bhpians have this machine too.
Thanks bro. Just text me and let me know which Induction motor one is a good buy. (I don't want to be watchful of when the motor of would go bust.)
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 23:54   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. Just text me and let me know which Induction motor one is a good buy. (I don't want to be watchful of when the motor of would go bust.)
Sir Im out of town currently. Will pm you on facebook then. If it is induction motor that you want, get the one I have. Karcher 3.5 series. Its water cooled induction motor. Priced at 16k IIRC.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:32   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Id say go for Karcher. The foam nozzle works well, the vario lance is great and the build quality is solid. The aquatak feels like a puny machine compared to Karcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
K3.550 has induction motor compared to other karcher models & brands which should serve for a longer duration and can be used for extended useage like cleaning 2-3 cars at one go
Quote:
if I were buying today, I'd probably choose Karcher.
Thanks for the verdict folks. It is clear that Karcher has an advantage, with inputs from those who use it regularly. I've skimmed through this thread on Bosch vs Karcher and very few guys are apprehensive of the leak issue in Karcher.

One another question. Does these pressure washers (any of them; if any which ones?) require maintenance services like oil change after certain period of usage? If that is the case, I will have to forgo the Karcher as I intend (just because it is not available at my place and I do not want to go for an online purchase) to source it from a city 75 km from my place and I don't think I'll have the resources to visit there just for a service now and then. Or, can this oiling be done by a DIY, if required?
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:44   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

n. Or, can this oiling be done by a DIY, if required?
The leak issue in karcher is fixed with new O rings in case it ever happens.

Karcher is a maintenance free machine. Its written explicitly in the manual which can be downloaded online. Doesnt require any periodic maintenance.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 00:14   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the manual which can be downloaded online
Where available, I read the manual before buying any equipment. Tells you straight away what stuff does, and how difficult that is to achieve. Sometimes very different from the sales literature.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 10:11   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which can be downloaded online.
Thanks, your answer seals the deal. Karcher it will be unless the store has no stock or bluffs me with an old one. Does the packaging comes in a sealed box?

Another quick question though. Which is the version that is available here? EU I guess.

Name:  krchr.JPG
Views: 1277
Size:  54.4 KB

Quote:
Where available, I read the manual before buying any equipment. Tells you straight away what stuff does, and how difficult that is to achieve. Sometimes very different from the sales literature.
That is a great idea. Never occurred to me as I was of the impression that I get to see it only after buying the product. The internet has definitely changed that.

Last edited by thoma : 9th August 2013 at 10:16.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:19   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, your answer seals the deal. Karcher it will be unless the store has no stock or bluffs me with an old one. Does the packaging comes in a sealed box?

Yes it comes in a sealed carton. You can see the date of import stamped somewhere on the box itself. Also look for the part number and see that it should match with the part number on your bill - for warranty purposes.

EU version comes with 6 month warranty. I think they have introduced a new Indian version with 1 year warranty. Im not sure about this. KIndly call up Karcher India Noida office or drop them an online request for a call back. They are very responsive and also do follow up calls in case you have problems with the machine or anything.

The manuals of the 3.550 model are same across the world - whether EU or GB or some other model.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 16:31   #399
Senior - BHPian

Some important information from the Karcher 3.550 online manual, which I was unaware of and thought might be useful to share here.
Quote:
Observe a distance of at least 30 cm when using the jet to clean painted surfaces to avoid damaging paintwork.
Quote:
This appliance was designed to be used with detergents which are supplied or recommended by the manufacturer. The use of other detergents or chemicals may compromise the safety of the appliance.
Quote:
Dry runs lasting longer than two minutes lead to damages to the high pressure pump.
And the most unassuming among them all:
Quote:
Vehicle tyres or tyre valves are susceptible to damage from the high-pressure jet and may burst. The first indication of this is a discolouration of the tyre. Damaged vehicle tyres/tyre valves are highly dangerous. Ensure that a distance of at least 30 cm is observed when cleaning with the jet!
thoma is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 16:57   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Some important information from the Karcher 3.550 online manual, which I was unaware of and thought might be useful to share here.
And the most unassuming among them all:
Add to all that
Do not point the pressure jet to any humans or animals.

With the vario jet lance you can vary the pressure high to low so risks are reduced. With roto lance wash only the wheel wells . Nothing else.

For tyres never use the pressure washer.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 9th August 2013 at 16:58.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 18:57   #401
BHPian

Did anyone buy a Karcher K 3.550 recently, what is the best deal?

Is it still available at Metro Cash & Carry?
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 19:43   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
what is the best deal?

Is it still available at Metro Cash & Carry?
Bangalore Kanakpura metro i got it 3 weeks back for 12990, first time i went there was no stock. Second called up and went got it, it was the last piece available.Suggest call them and check if they have stock instead of travelling all the way there.Clicking quote went into thank you instead.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 21:28   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a good buy?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-2-120...ht_2100wt_1156

Been contemplating buying one. I get those deals on ICICI credit card for Bosch Aquatek too.

Help please? (@Partha boy!)
I just bought a k2.120 from the very same seller! Excellent service. He answered all my questions for days and is still very helpful after buying the product. It came upto 69xx/- with a ebay discount coupon that i googled for. I also picked up a foam lance for 1k.
On a side note, FedEx screwed up! The parcel was delivered after nearly 10 days!!!

P.S. i have friends who wash multiple cars at one shot with the 2.110. Just give it a li'l rest between cars.
I picked up the 2.120 over the 3.xxx since 14k+ is quite a big investment for just washing cars really!

Last edited by james : 9th August 2013 at 21:31.
james is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 10:16   #404
BHPian

I had a query regarding the water suction option with Karcher K3.550.

In some online videos I see that they use an extra suction nozzle and water butt kit for pulling water from a bucket.

Is this a must have for using water from a bucket? What is the cost for such a kit?
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 11:07   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I had a query regarding the water suction option with Karcher K3.550.

In some online videos I see that they use an extra suction nozzle and water butt kit for pulling water from a bucket.

Is this a must have for using water from a bucket? What is the cost for such a kit?
Mine works with just the pipe in the bucket, nothing extra
diyguy is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote