Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th August 2013, 19:52   #406
BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Picked up the K 3.550 at Metro Kanakapura after much contemplation, it was price at 12,999 and the K 2.110 was priced at 5,999. There were multiple units available, but I would still advise you to call them before visiting their store.

Surprisingly this K2 came with 2 lances, one high pressure and one dirt blaster which is really good for the price.

I did a few trials runs, doing some household cleaning so far.

The dirt blaster cleans stone wall and concrete driveway with ease, almost making it look new. It was not very effective on outdoor and bathroom tiles which had hard water stains.

The dirt blaster is so powerful that you will ned to wear eye protectant as it kicks up a lot of small debris.

The ability to draw water from a reservoir or bucket is very helpful.

Will wash the car over the coming weekend and see how that works out.

I was hoping to use the built-in detergent bottle utility as a foam lance, but it only works with mix mode on the vario lance. It basically just spreads the soap solution, but does not cause it to foam, if you know what I mean.
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 00:55   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Picked up the K 3.550 at Metro Kanakapura after much contemplation, it was price at 12,999 and the K 2.110 was priced at 5,999. There were multiple units available, but I would still advise you to call them before visiting their store.

Surprisingly this K2 came with 2 lances, one high pressure and one dirt blaster which is really good for the price.

I did a few trials runs, doing some household cleaning so far.

The dirt blaster cleans stone wall and concrete driveway with ease, almost making it look new. It was not very effective on outdoor and bathroom tiles which had hard water stains.

The dirt blaster is so powerful that you will ned to wear eye protectant as it kicks up a lot of small debris.

The ability to draw water from a reservoir or bucket is very helpful.

Will wash the car over the coming weekend and see how that works out.

I was hoping to use the built-in detergent bottle utility as a foam lance, but it only works with mix mode on the vario lance. It basically just spreads the soap solution, but does not cause it to foam, if you know what I mean.
I never figured out how to use the soap and dispenser provided. Been about 10 months since I got it from Metro myself...
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 15:10   #408
BHPian

I saw an add in TOI today, that there is one portable car washer available on naaptol.com which is supposedly quite cheaper and has two advantanges
1. Works from a water source
2. Works on Car Battery

http://www.naaptol.com/misc/portable.../12178107.html

I just want to know if anybody is aware of this. This one costs only 3K as compared to Karcher K 3.5 which costs around 14K on ebay.

I know the company is local, but if it can serve the purpose it woudn't be a bad deal.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 16:03   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

If it won't wash the car, it's cheap enough (so long as it runs at all) to use for watering the plants! Even if it only slightly adds to the available pressure from the tap, it might be well worth it.

What's a bit worrying is the absence of specifications, and the absence of response to questions.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 15:19   #410
BHPian

Guys! Really, why not just use a 1hp water motor!? It'd be ~1.5-2k maybe, and it'll quite surely have enough pressure to wash cars etc. depending on the nozzle.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 18:19   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Guys! Really, why not just use a 1hp water motor!? It'd be ~1.5-2k maybe, and it'll quite surely have enough pressure to wash cars etc. depending on the nozzle.
Unfortunately, for people like me who have limited water resources while living in an apartment, this option won't work out :(
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 21:15   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Actually, it's probably way over the top. Without a tool fitted, the water comes out of my Bosch in barely more than a dribble. I guess there is some techie design stuff in the relationship between the pump pressure and the nozzle. I also suspect that the pump may be designed to build up pressure, rather than just shift water like an ordinary household pump.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:18   #413
BHPian

Talking Karcher K 3 550

A great product is nothing without a customer service to back it up too. Today I got sold over the Karcher brand rather than the usually known Bosch.

Of late I've been looking for a pressure washer to wash my bike and our house's exteriors, garage and terraces.

At first ordered the Bosch Skil High Pressure Washer from flipkart, since it was the cheapest I could find.

However the unit failed within 5 minutes of working (that too 2 minutes of rest in between). Flipkart initiated the replacement and even the replacement unit didn't even power up properly due a jammed power button. After this debacle flipkart initiated the refund.

CONS I noted with the skil unit
The manual that comes with the product is very mediocre and isn't really helpful. It doesnt even show the external inlet water filter in the assembly instructions !
Finish of plastic is cheap at the trigger and the high pressure hose pipe couplings.
There's no damping at the base of the machine and the vibrations that this unit creates while it is on may damage itself in the long term, considering that it would move a bit while in operation due to its own vibration.
There absolutely no other model under this brand, only this unit.

I will never recommend the SKIL brand to anyone as it shares absolutely no quality levels like Bosch, quite misleading in fact.
Now started looking for other brands and did some extensive homework which I should have done in the first place.
Bosch and Karcher were the two brands which got plentiful reviews. This thread helped a lot too.

I wrote to Bosch's email 3 days ago regarding some models they have and even till now no reply from their supposed registered dealer in Ahmedabad.

I wrote to the nearest domestic dealer who is in Gandhidham inquiring about the K 3-550.

I got an email reply within an hour and the chap had smartly included all relevant information without even me asking for it, two more emails were exchanged regarding accessories and payment and they were duly answered with to the dot replies and no unnecessary marketing hoopla thrown in. The fella knew what he was selling and was able to answer all questions regarding future repair services and device usage to my satisfaction. His quote was lower than online retail despite the fact the product was being shipped from gandhidham to ahmedabad.

I paid close to 16k since there's nothing like Metro in Ahmedabad as you have in Bangalore. There's Reliance Mega something (similar to metro) but they dont have anything besides a hose pipe.
So even though I am paying nearly a lot more than my original budget I don't regret it.

Last edited by Xeno : 22nd August 2013 at 13:26.
Xeno is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 00:53   #414
BHPian

BHP'ians looking for Bosch. Flipkart has a discount going on.

http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-aquata...H#read-reviews

*Cheers*
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 08:47   #415
BHPian

Guys,

I tried flipping through the pages on this thread but still got some confusions. So someone kindly help me.

I own a black beamer and as anybody can guess, it gets dirty very very fast. And when its dirty, you don't even feel like entering it. I like the car spank & clean at all times. During a day's work, it needs cleaning atleast 2-3 times.

Do we have a pressure cleaner -

1. That runs on batteries or draws it power from the car 12V source? Idea is to be able to keep it in car boot and clean whenever and wherever?
2. Draws its water from a bucket becoz its simply not possible for me to find and connect it to a running water source.

Notes:
a) Budget is no constraint
b) The Chauffeur will need to wash...not me.
c) I live in Noida (Delhi) so need to know where to get the appliance.

Will really appreciate straight advice.

rgds,
Aroongupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 09:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post
Guys,

I own a black beamer and as anybody can guess, it gets dirty very very fast. And when its dirty, you don't even feel like entering it. I like the car spank & clean at all times. During a day's work, it needs cleaning atleast 2-3 times.

1. That runs on batteries or draws it power from the car 12V source? Idea is to be able to keep it in car boot and clean whenever and wherever?
2. Draws its water from a bucket becoz its simply not possible for me to find and connect it to a running water source.

There are pressure washers which run off the 12V socket. But the pressure they produce is so low that its a farce to call them pressure washers. Besides you need the car running when you use the pressure washer otherwise you risk draining your battery

The only model i know which can draw water from bucket is Karchar 3.5 which costs around 16K

But there is not model which runs off 12V socket( while producing sufficient pressure to clear the muck) as well as draw water from bucket.

One suggestion - You can buy a ONR with some 10 Micro fiber cloths . Make a quick detailer out of it and teach your driver how to use it . This along with Jopasu duster can keep your car gleaming day after day

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2015 at 12:18. Reason: Trimming quoted text
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:49   #417

Has anyone tried Black and Decker Washing equipment?..

Few models available on e-commerce sites..seems better built than BOsch

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/black---decker-pw1300c-1300w-compact-pressure-washer/11824672?sc_cid=inhome_icon|search_car%20washer
balajisb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:55   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisb View Post
Has anyone tried Black and Decker Washing equipment?..

Few models available on e-commerce sites..seems better built than BOsch

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/black---decker-pw1300c-1300w-compact-pressure-washer/11824672?sc_cid=inhome_icon|search_car%20washer
Search in this thread, i have the big brother of the model you posted and shared my experience. Equipment is good quality and serving me well for a year or so.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 01:02   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I tried flipping through the pages on this thread but still got some confusions. So someone kindly help me.

Notes:
a) Budget is no constraint
b) The Chauffeur will need to wash...not me.
c) I live in Noida (Delhi) so need to know where to get the appliance.

Will really appreciate straight advice.

rgds,
There are models powered by diesel. But pain carrying it around I guess in the boot. Another thing you could look for is an inverter to run a basic model. Start the car and power the washer through that dc inverter. You will need to get the right wattage and washer though.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:09   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I don't think it is technically possible to run a high-pressure car washer from just the car battery. I doubt if any of those machines listed on ebay which run of a 12V source provide water in the required pressure.

Example: The K3.550, the starting range of Karcher which can draw water from a bucket, requires a large 15Amp power connection (the large socket that is used for AC/ Microwave in the household)

For your requirement I would suggest using a optimum waterless wash and wax. You basically use 10-15 microfiber towels dipped in this solution to clean the entire car. Large number of towels, so that you do no re-use any of the dirty towels and create scratches.

There is a technique to do this you can check out the demos on youtube.
bharatbs is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote