Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 31st October 2013, 09:42   #481
BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
Did you use the K2 series using bucket water? I have read that it can't suck water from a bucket(only K3 series can do that). Did you take any videos of using bucket water as source or did you have any special attachment to use it this way?
I am using the K3, the K2 does not offer the water siphoning feature.

With K3 , once you have inserted the water hose into the bucket, you need to run the machine and it will start to pull the water from the bucket within a minute or two.

No additional equipment is necessary.

It also has small water filter, within the connector pipe, which will not allow sediments to enter the machine.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:59   #482
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Karcher K2.110 recently, after an average experience at a detailing store in Bangalore. Also bought the following genuine accessories, which were not part of the kit.

Foam Lance - 0.3 L
Vario Power Spray Lance
Water Filter

Total cost including accessories is 10k~11k. Washed both the cars yesterday and am quite happy with it. Waiting to get the specific hose adapters, used a simple jugaad yesterday to get it working.

Karcher is a bit pricey, but then German products are never cheap and reek quality.

I have couple of small videos that should give you an idea of the equipment.

I started composing a dedicated thread for the review but then I lost it somehow before submitting it. So posting a short review here, feel free to ask me any questions.

Pardon the self shot video, was holding my phone in one hand and the spray gun in the the other.

I can do professional washes from home, now.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 3rd November 2013 at 17:01.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 15:22   #483
Senior - BHPian

Giving in some more details, I would update this thread as and when I use the product.
  • Comes with only 6 months warranty
  • Pricey when compared to Bosch/Skil, but then we are talking Germany and not China
  • Very minimalistic kit with the box, the Skil comes with a Vario Spray, Foam Lance, Water filter and a 5M pressure hose as part of the box, for the Karcher I purchased the same shelling extra money as follows: Vario Power Spray - 2.4K, Foam Lance - 1.2K, Water Filter - 1K, all genuine Karcher, plus the Karcher comes with a shorter pressure hose, 2M I think.
  • Karcher is less noisier than the Bosch/Skil
  • Air bubbles in the water supply disrupt the pressure by large

I plan to buy the Angled Spray lance in the future but it seems very pricey at the moment.

Feel free to ask me any queries.
DRIV3R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 19:58   #484
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
Did you use the K2 series using bucket water? I have read that it can't suck water from a bucket(only K3 series can do that). Did you take any videos of using bucket water as source or did you have any special attachment to use it this way?
Fabmart has a pretty wide range and generally the economical too (when you cost in delivery charges etc.,). http://www.fabmart.com/collections/auto-cleaning
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 20:44   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Got the Karcher foam lance attachment
From my experience, sudsing with the ArmorAll Wash n Wax lasts a bit longer than with Megs NXT wash, using the foam lance. The foam disappears in no time (last picture). But without the lance, using wash mitt, I felt Megs to be better. Still, effectiveness is almost similar; nothing outstanding with the dirt on my car. But one another thing I liked about Megs is their Yellow Paste Wax.

I used ~100ml wash to 300ml water in the foam lance reservoir. Is this all you guys get with the Karcher attachment?

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_6236.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_5988002.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_5985001.jpg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 20:56   #486
Senior - BHPian

I would click pics and post when I get to use them next. I have a variety of washes to try.
  • Meguiar's NXT
  • Amway Car Wash
  • Sonax Gloss shampoo
  • ABRO Premium gold wash

Try this the next time, it is advised to use hot water to dilute the soap concentrate for better foaming.
Old 6th November 2013, 22:00   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Try this the next time, it is advised to use hot water to dilute the soap concentrate for better foaming
Thanks. But I do not know how much of a difference it will make. And, IIRC, the manual have mentioned not to use water above 60 degree Celsius.

And now I remember one another thing. The very first time when foam was not being produced, experimentally I tried closing the small air vent opposite to the yellow adjusting knob on the attachment. Then it produced thicker foam than usual. But the downside was that I forgot to remove my fingers closing the vent once the shampoo finished, and then the container began to shrink inside. Luckily and due to the robust build, the container withstood the abuse. Next time, I want to try closing the vent once again, keeping an eye on the shampoo level.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 22:29   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And, IIRC, the manual have mentioned not to use water above 60 degree Celsius.
Well, that is the temperature for the water intake to the equipment as such, while all am asking you to do is dilute foam solution in the foam lance container with hot water instead of cold. Now, that temperature does not matter, does it?
Old 6th November 2013, 22:58   #489
BHPian

Quote:
I used ~100ml wash to 300ml water in the foam lance reservoir.
First of all I don't have a foam lance, but is that concentration is too much? I mean, the car shampoos are not so cheap. The megs costs around 480bucks. Won't you finish it very quickly?

What I usually do is pour a cap of megs nxt to a bucket of water and use the pressure washer (roto nozzle preferred) itself to make the foam inside the bucket. Then I use a wash mitt to apply the soap onto the car. In this way thick foam(similar to the one which proff foam lances make) can be formed. When the bubbles vanishes again use the washer to foam it in the bucket.
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 23:26   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
but is that concentration is too much? I mean, the car shampoos are not so cheap. The megs costs around 480bucks. Won't you finish it very quickly?
Very true. I was going in for more and more concentration seeing the low foam put out. The pump also mixes some water I guess, according to the knob setting. I keep it at max.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 10:04   #491

I am planning to buy a pressure washer mainly as I have 3 cars and 2 bikes to cater to, I always wash and detail my cars myself , had almost finalized the Aquatak 100 Plus but feel the Karcher K 3.550 is more effective any idea as to where I can source a Karcher in Pune ???
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 13:06   #492
BHPian

Folks,

Just returned skil washer i bought at flipkart twice. both the times the machine lasted for just one use. Or if it has any cutoff switch i do not know.the machine wont work at all. Customer service at bosch and flipkart were excellent though.

Am looking at a new washer now. Any one has anything to say about Bosch AQT 35-12 ? or Am i better off with Karcher 3.5 . what i do not like about karcher is the short hose and extra price i pay towards accessories.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 12:18   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Folks,

Just returned skil washer i bought at flipkart twice. both the times the machine lasted for just one use. Or if it has any cutoff switch i do not know.the machine wont work at all. Customer service at bosch and flipkart were excellent though.

Am looking at a new washer now. Any one has anything to say about Bosch AQT 35-12 ? or Am i better off with Karcher 3.5 . what i do not like about karcher is the short hose and extra price i pay towards accessories.
I am using a Skil washer and so do some of my friends for almost over a year. There is a cut off switch i.e.if the pressure is built up and you are not using the gun, the motor will switch off and restart once you engage the trigger of the gun again.

@thoma
I use megs hyper wash for snow-foam (which is meant for using as a snow foam) instead of megs NXT shampoo and the foaming is pretty good.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 12:31   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I am using a Skil washer and so do some of my friends for almost over a year. There is a cut off switch i.e.if the pressure is built up and you are not using the gun, the motor will switch off and restart once you engage the trigger of the gun again.

@thoma
I use megs hyper wash for snow-foam (which is meant for using as a snow foam) instead of megs NXT shampoo and the foaming is pretty good.
Can you share what attachment do you use with your skil washer for foaming? Also how much do you dilute the megs hyper wash
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 12:52   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you share what attachment do you use with your skil washer for foaming? Also how much do you dilute the megs hyper wash
I use the white bottle in the attached image. Not exactly a foam lance but serves the purpose nevertheless. I pour 50ml of megs hyperwash in that bottle without adding any water.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/150035.jpg

Last edited by Sridhar K : 31st December 2013 at 12:54.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote