Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2014, 18:58   #541
Newbie
 
ecosportster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Default Re: The wait is finally over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khajster1 View Post

I'll be happy to answer any queries you may have.
Thank you sir for posting this wonderful video review. I was doing some research to buy this product. I would like to know how much water is required for a complete car wash. I was planning to buy a 25 Litre one. Will it damage the machine if water level goes below a particular level. thank you
ecosportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 23:41   #542
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 5
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Hi there ecosportster. I use half of the 25 Litre bucket and wash my car thoroughly. I would say you can wash 2 cars easily with the 25 Litre bucket. I have used the machine till water is completely over and no, it does not hurt the machine if water is over. I enjoy using the spray gun and the brush all the time. Best Regards.
khajster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 10:10   #543
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Banglr, Coimbtr
Posts: 320
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

I bought the 28 litre Resqtech pressure washer as I did not want to depend on connecting to car charger. Used it a couple of times already. The pressure is good enough to knock off the slush/mud stuck on wheels, tyres and wheel wells. I can empty the extra water if it is excess as generally if you do not wash the tyres, wheels, the water required is probably less than 15 litres.
It works till probably the water level is about 1 litre as the suction mechanism is almost at the
bottom most level of the unit. By trial and error you will get a very good feel how much water
is required for what kind of wash routine. Now I can keep all the wash, clean items in the container itself. Though they say one can stand up on the unit to wash the roof, I would not do that for my Duster; still will use a stool to get good angles for cleaning, reassure washing the stubborn bird droppings. On such occasions it is better to soak the spot with some mild APC, then use the pressure washer. The microfibre cloth quality what comes with the unit is good.
Yes you can use say ONR probably with say 8 litres of water, use the unit to spray,
then dry it with good quality of MF cloth. It makes the cleaning ordeal particularly in an
apartment complexes much easier and economical.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 08:41   #544
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

thanks Khajster. It looks like really good at light dust. If you can post a video of washing after a rainy day drive, it would really show the effectiveness. for me most of 12v stuff does not have enough juice to do the stuff.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 09:16   #545
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,751
Thanked: 1,490 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
thanks Khajster. It looks like really good at light dust. If you can post a video of washing after a rainy day drive, it would really show the effectiveness. for me most of 12v stuff does not have enough juice to do the stuff.
I have been planning on the resqtech as well.
Pressure is one concern that i am worried about.
It says its 5.5kg/m2
Now is that enough?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 16:11   #546
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

1 bar is about 14pounds per square inch. So if you calculate 5.5kg/m2 is too less. they claim the pump is about using approx 40 watts from12v supply. so the pressure isn't significant. I am still skeptical about the pressure. probably it develops pressure equivalent to pressure from an overhead tank from couple of floors.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 20:07   #547
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Banglr, Coimbtr
Posts: 320
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

I used the ResqTech's pressure washer again after driving thro' rain and some Bangalore slush. In my personal experience unless you want to blast away dirt off the car paint, the high pressure washers used at garages and what is even sold as home use washers is an overkill. In particular if you live in an apartment complex or a house where running water and proximate power point are available, this kind of portable pressure washer is indeed adequate. The pressure is adequate to clean the mud and dirt from the tyres, wheels....No issue at all. If one uses ONR or any good car wash shampoo and any brand of wheel and tyre cleaners as a preparatory step, then this pressure washer is absolutely enough. What I also found interesting in a closely parked basement parking, when washing your car if one is careful, you do not spoil your neighbour's with a collateral damage. Cost and convenience outweigh the pressure issue which IMHO is overstated in DIY car cleaning. Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 00:36   #548
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,000
Thanked: 5,068 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
the high pressure washers used at garages and what is even sold as home use washers is an overkill.
I did what I call a Lazy-man's car wash the other day. It goes like this:
1. It's raining.

2. Remove dust from car with Jopasu.

3. Drive car briefly out into rain, then back under cover and spray with dilute shampoo

4. Work all over with soft brush

5. Drive into rain and rinse

6. Drive back, remove excess water and dry.

It's amazingly effective, and also amazingly quick compared to all the fuss with the hoses and the pressure washer. In just a few minutes the car looked as clean as it would had I spent much longer pressure-washing/rinsing it.

What didn't look as good: wheels, wheel arches, underside. This is probably where the pressure washer really scores.

Mine is awaiting repair. If that turns out not to be possible, I may just not replace it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:32   #549
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 30km. from IGI.
Posts: 387
Thanked: 520 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I did what I call a Lazy-man's car wash the other day. It goes like this:
1. It's raining.

2. Remove dust from car with Jopasu.

3. Drive car briefly out into rain, then back under cover and spray with dilute shampoo

4. Work all over with soft brush

5. Drive into rain and rinse

6. Drive back, remove excess water and dry.

It's amazingly effective, and also amazingly quick compared to all the fuss with the hoses and the pressure washer. In just a few minutes the car looked as clean as it would had I spent much longer pressure-washing/rinsing it.

What didn't look as good: wheels, wheel arches, underside. This is probably where the pressure washer really scores.

Mine is awaiting repair. If that turns out not to be possible, I may just not replace it.
That is harmful for your car, just in case you dont know, acid rain and shampoo/chemicals would be a big no. Just saying.
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:37   #550
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post

That is harmful for your car, just in case you dont know, acid rain and shampoo/chemicals would be a big no. Just saying.
Acid rain (acidic in nature) + shampoo used (basic in nature) = neutralised.

Not all rains that happen are acid rains so I don't think there should be an issue.

No offence.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:38   #551
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,000
Thanked: 5,068 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

That's curious. I thought I posted with similar thoughts (and the confession that I don't wash the car using any method very often). I must have pressed the wrong button

Anyway, that's what I thought, along with the fact that, in my lazy-man wash, the water is dried off, rather than just left to dry on the paint as would be the case with exposure to rain when driving.

Actually, the rain probably has less impurities than the piped water supply to my house, which has even, sometimes, been known to taste salty.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 01:03   #552
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Was just walking through Metro where I came across Karcher 3.550 retailing at 15K whereas online price for this was approximately 19K (on snapdeal).

Now I have a couple of doubts before I put the cash down:

1) Is there any specific requirement like the inlet tap height should be more than the pressure washer inlet point? (Attaching a picture of the tap to. Sorry for the quality of the picture)

Name:  ForumRunner_20140703_010224.png
Views: 982
Size:  359.3 KB


2) What are the standard equipments that come and what are needed extra that I need to purchase?

3) Is there a need to install a filter/mesh at the inlet of water on the tap?

Any issues of internal leakages for this washer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Actually, the rain probably has less impurities than the piped water supply to my house, which has even, sometimes, been known to taste salty.
The first rain generally is not pure enough as it brings down the impurities that are suspended in the air so once the first rain is done, there after it is pure.

Thanks,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd July 2014 at 01:17.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:42   #553
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Was just walking through Metro where I came across Karcher 3.550 retailing at 15K whereas online price for this was approximately 19K (on snapdeal).

Now I have a couple of doubts before I put the cash down:

1) Is there any specific requirement like the inlet tap height should be more than the pressure washer inlet point? (Attaching a picture of the tap to. Sorry for the quality of the picture)

2) What are the standard equipments that come and what are needed extra that I need to purchase?

3) Is there a need to install a filter/mesh at the inlet of water on the tap?

Any issues of internal leakages for this washer?
1) No there should be flow thats all. The overhead tank is at a higher level isn't it? This model doesn't need running water, it can suck from a bucket.

2) Extension cord if there is no power supply point where you plan to use the washer.

3) Good to have, buy the inline filter and install it closer to the water inlet of the pump. Maybe the karcher comes with a small mesh filter at its inlet port like the bosch i have.

Issues: This karcher has a watercooled induction motor, and i have read and seen videos of water leakage from the water jacket covering the motor. This leakage is on the low pressure side that's before the water makes its entry into the pump. I was considering this model before i went with Bosch aquatak 150 since i got it for a very good price.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:48   #554
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
1) No there should be flow thats all. The overhead tank is at a higher level isn't it? This model doesn't need running water, it can suck from a bucket.

2) Extension cord if there is no power supply point where you plan to use the washer.

3) Good to have, buy the inline filter and install it closer to the water inlet of the pump. Maybe the karcher comes with a small mesh filter at its inlet port like the bosch i have.

Issues: This karcher has a watercooled induction motor, and i have read and seen videos of water leakage from the water jacket covering the motor. This leakage is on the low pressure side that's before the water makes its entry into the pump. I was considering this model before i went with Bosch aquatak 150 since i got it for a very good price.
Thanks for the reply

1. Yes the overhead tank is at a higher level.

2. Accessories in the foam gun or equipments for cleaning that are required or the standard accessories are sufficient for an average usage?

3. The details about this model does say it has an inbuilt mesh from factory but I want it just in case.

Issues: So do you recommend this model or do I go for the Bosch? I don't want to put my money on it even after knowing there is an issue. BTW, what price did you get the Bosch at? Will check the price for this model at Metro when I visit (The sales guy was pushing me to buy the Bosch though).

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:09   #555
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,706
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Issues: So do you recommend this model or do I go for the Bosch? I don't want to put my money on it even after knowing there is an issue. BTW, what price did you get the Bosch at? Will check the price for this model at Metro when I visit (The sales guy was pushing me to buy the Bosch though).
IMO, it is not about the issues if your usage is limited to one car. Almost all pressure washers under 20k will not clean your car fully, they are useful to dislodge bigger sand/mud/muck/whatever particles before a shampoo wash. A layer of fine dirt will still be present which you will have to agitate with hand. Of course, they may save some water and give you clean wheel arches. And you inflict less scratches by dislodging bigger sand/mud/muck/whatever particles before a hand agitation.

Now people, those who swear by a pressure washer, do not torch me down; it is just my view from my experience that I'm sharing here. I wanted to bring down the labor by investing 15k but after buying one, I realized that a 5k machine does the same job. The difference between these machines are convenience, not the reduction in manual labor to agitate dirt all around. You may get to buy additional accessories for under-body cleaning etc, you can use the washer continuously without stoppage, you may draw water from a bucket. An increase in pressure won't do much difference in reducing labor.

What I'm trying to convey is that, if you are not looking at the additional convenience the 15k is offering, the 5k will do the same 'cleaning' job. More read on my taking.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Wiper & Washer ? Why only on hatch backs and NOT on sedans? Kinetik Technical Stuff 64 22nd November 2016 13:25
VW Polo DIY: Windshield washer low-level sensor & dash warning Gannu_1 DIY - Do it yourself 27 27th August 2016 08:53
Convert Air compressor to a Pressure water washer? rajivanoj Technical Stuff 5 3rd February 2014 00:45
The 'Actual' Tyre Pressure : Is Atmospheric Pressure Counted? sr_1445 Technical Stuff 2 16th January 2014 11:05
High pressure car washer using air compressor recshenoy Modifications & Accessories 2 1st October 2009 09:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks