Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st September 2009, 13:08   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Slightly off topic.

Anyone aware of Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaners in India? Also their prices?
I bought a Black and Decker Vacuum Cleaner from Bangalore Metro in Dec 08. It does both dry and wet vacuuming. 1400W power Have been using it 1-2 times weekly and the suction as well as blower pressures are good for tough jobs. Would definitely recommend.

Check this link for more:
Home Products - Vacuum Cleaners - Cylinder Vacs - General Usage - WV1400 - BLACK & DECKER® Home Products Product Details
Attached Images

siddvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Another discussion going on here on washers (Wash cars under water pressure ?)
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 18:42   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
You may have a trigger lock.( I do have a lock on my unit))
I do, but that locks the trigger with the valve off. I have a stuck valve, so the trigger just flops around.

Sometimes I wonder about dismantling it --- but I daren't!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The Bosch at 20+ is a waste of money
If I remember correctly, I bought the bosch for about 7-8 k...
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 21:54   #50
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
I have the Black & Decker rated for 130 bar. It works fantastic. Accidentally I used the focused pressure on a Alto rim and it blasted the paint off. It works brilliantly to clear all the muck off my Jeep following a offroad trip. Also the pressure is high enough to actually turn a dirty tyre wall black as it seems to blast out all the muck. I paid only Rs 8000 for the washer and would highly recommend to anyone. The Bosch at 20+ is a waste of money
hey DKG,

20+ means what , is it 20k...i paid Rs.6499/- and not 20k.

i would say one thing though, i really liked the noise level in black and decker, it is less than the bosch.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the Black & Decker rated for 130 bar. It works fantastic. Accidentally I used the focused pressure on a Alto rim and it blasted the paint off. It works brilliantly to clear all the muck off my Jeep following a offroad trip. Also the pressure is high enough to actually turn a dirty tyre wall black as it seems to blast out all the muck. I paid only Rs 8000 for the washer and would highly recommend to anyone. The Bosch at 20+ is a waste of money
You should only use a variable lance on a car unless you want to get rid of your topcoat. Using the focussed pressure lance can cause problems, such as removing the paint off rust blisters and damage the body.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 06:37   #52
BHPian

Default Pressure washers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do, but that locks the trigger with the valve off. I have a stuck valve, so the trigger just flops around.

Sometimes I wonder about dismantling it --- but I daren't!
You better get the trigger repaired ASAP. It is a safety device, stopping the flow of water and switching off the pump. The outlet pressure of the water stream will be in excess of 100 bar, and a dropped lance could cause extensive damage to property and personnel. I have seen a photograph of damage caused by a thin jet of water at 100 bar to a worker's hand. Belive me you don't want to see the photograph. The point is, always take proper precautions when dealing with High Pressure, High Temperature, Flow and ofcourse Electricity.

( I had been working with Pressures (Hydraulic & Pneumatic) from a few Inches of water column to in excess of 20,000 PSIG for the past 35 years.)

No offence to any body.
sudharma is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:57   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

That is good advice.

It did make me dance around somewhat (jet-propelling itself around in circles) when I forgot to pick up the lance before turning it on. Don't think I'll do that more than once, though!
Old 13th October 2009, 14:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

i am getting the bosch aquatak 100+ today. it was in sale in home decor exibition in chennai trade centre where i booked it roughly at 9 k

wish me a happy pressure washing

wish i could wash off all those crows who p** on my car with it

Last edited by geeash : 13th October 2009 at 14:10.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 14:34   #55
BHPian

Default AquaJet Pressure Washers

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i am getting the bosch aquatak 100+ today. it was in sale in home decor exibition in chennai trade centre where i booked it roughly at 9 k

wish me a happy pressure washing

wish i could wash off all those crows who p** on my car with it
"Happy Washing"

Don't get too close to the car while using the aqua jet. Could strip the paint if not careful.
sudharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 15:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Finally got it delivered a few minutes before. reading the manual. time for a wash now........

pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1529813-post683.html
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 15:55   #57
BHPian

This was sold at a special discounted price for Rs.6.5K in Infy chennai some 3 months back. I missed to get this one :(
hariharanea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 18:09   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

So did I... I think I paid about 8,000.

Depressing, how much cheaper it is in UK, and with a decent warranty too :-(
Old 13th October 2009, 19:51   #59
BHPian

Default caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Finally got it delivered a few minutes before. reading the manual. time for a wash now........

pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1529813-post683.html
geeash, be really careful while using the 'rotornozzle'. it can peel paint, tear rubber mats and if high pressure jet falls on your body, can cause severe injury internally.

Also make sure that kids are not around when you are washing the car.

Last edited by vijuvarghese : 13th October 2009 at 20:01. Reason: correct spelling
vijuvarghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 20:10   #60
BHPian

Geeash,

I see that this thread was started by JP1 in June 2006. However thought will tell you what i experienced with my mine.

I bought this device in Bangalore for Rs.6499/- exactly. We wash our cars , 2 wheeler & my kid's cycles.

I have already visited the Bosch service centre once within a month of my purchase.

The washer just refused to open up oneday in the middle of my washing. My ANHC was drenched with shampoo & was drying up. This stupid device simply refused to help me out. I had to wash the car with normal water hose & finish the job.

As far i understand from the service guy, this device can be used only for 15 minutes with intermittent resting during washing. If we get carried away & use it without much resting the device conks and simply shuts off. Then a visit is compulsory to the service centre.

I agree the pressure is pretty good to get a good wash, but still the fear of the device shutting down is always there. This is very irritating.

It will hurt if you dont take bear minimum caution, anyway you will learn by experience, dont worry !

Do let us know about the washing experience.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote