Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th January 2015, 10:59   #721
BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Have you used this washer?
Please update the review of same.
Also when I checked Car Washer at Rediff for this washer, the price is 2899/- + 49/- Shipping.
From which buyer did you buy? Please post link.
Also did you use COD or advance payment?
Thanks.

Product reached and stopped working in one wash, the quality was so so. The spray broke when i tried using it. Rediff is now trying to replace the product. Do not buy yet. I am not sure if Naptool one is better than this.

I like the product features and usage and if they send a better one it definitely will be an excellent one. I purchased it from Autofurnish seller since they have been in business for sometime. I used the COD option.
madbullram is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 11:00   #722
BHPian

Bought myself a K2 compact pressure washer on my way back from Dubai.
Got the car kit + home Kit and a hose and paid a total of 349 AED (₹6000) for it.
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 12:18   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
I got a Aquatek 100 plus that failed with same issues after 2.5 years of sparing use. It failed without any warning. Bosch Service Chennai said the model has been discontinued and cannot be serviced. . Tried taking help from a technician who maintains pressure washers for a company - but spares are not available. It has now been lying idle for over a year now for want of spares.

I now looking for a new washer.

I'll tell you a story A long one at that, over the last many years!!

Rewind to 2006, I loved my cars and purchased the first ever Aquatek 100 Plus sold in the country for 7K. It worked wonders on the first wash, since the water hose attached to the gun was of just 6m length, I had to keep moving the unit all across the car to complete a wash. Two things happened
1. I got bored and tired,
2. The machine got intermittent breaks in usage, say once every 2 to 3 minutes

I realised this was not an easy job, I needed long hose. I checked for a 10m hose, the cost was prohibitively high then, almost 3K, half of the machine's cost. So I stopped using Aquatak 100 Plus for washing cars.

Now the attachments that came had a roto nozzle, which cleans dirty areas on the driveways etc.. It was quite easy with the 6m hose. But since I did not have to keep moving the machine, the machine got to be used at longer stretches - more than 3 minutes. After three such continuous usage on that day I found the pressure dropping at the nozzle.

Yeah, the unit started leaking.
All in one week of purchase.

I spoke to the product team at Bosch. They decided to check it out. They said its a one off incident. They checked for two days and asked me the following questions
Q: Do you have hard water? Is it a borewell ?
A : Yes, it is indeed bore well water.
Q: Hard water fails the washer
A : Sorry, Wont buy that point. Its just a week of usage, that two just twice.
Q: Hard water is the problem
A: Sorry, I have a Softenizer. Its not hard water.

Another two days down the lane, I got a replacement unit. Good.

I decided to check it out immediately.
My use case, run it for more than three minutes. I ran it for five minutes, twice. PUFF, the unit started leaking.

Called up the product team, they took back the machine. This time after a week I got it serviced and delivered.

I knew this was a very bad purchase decision and shelved the item.

-------------------------------------

Fast Forward to 2014. We got our house painted. Drive way had drops of spilled paint. Normal water washing with brooms, my maid said she is helpless. I got a bright idea, why don't I just get back the shelved item.

5 minutes of usage - PUFF, so very predictable failure. I would say defect was consistent.

On calling the service team, I realise that it will cost so meting like 3K to repair. Here comes a curious question from the service guys - did you use the machine at longer stretches? I said yes. Then I got the answer to all my questions in one shot. This machine is not supposed to be used continuously, these are for light use. I said it was just under 5 minutes, service says it can't withstand!! Why can't that be said before a purchase!

He then goes on to say the new models available, and Why I must buy the one which can run for 15 minutes at a stretch. Some AQT number, I said no thanks.

-------------------------------------------
Driveway was looking bad, So decided to get a professional grade.

Here come Aquatak 150 Pro in the discussions, reviews good, even here in this very own thread.

May 2014, I get the unit from an on-line reseller for a nice amount. The unit arrives, the unit was manufactured in 2009. I was shocked! I checked with him, he says he had 3 more pieces all from 2009. I checked with Bangalore guys, they quoted me higher price than what i got, but there was no stocks with them.

I did a first test. Ran it for more than 5 minutes slowly increasing all the way up to 20 minutes - thrice. Perfect, the drive was clean and the machine passed the test.

The machine got into use almost consistently for the next couple of days, cleaning terrace, balcony, our cars - perfect.

----------------------------------------------

Come September 2014, I got a rotary washer attachment for washing cars for 3K. It was so easy to wash cars suddenly, till one day the attachment went PUFF. Attachments were not serviceable items, you have to buy a new one. So decided to continue without the rotary washer.

Come November 2014 - The GUN where you attach the attachments broke off!! It's not useable at all.

Now comes the night mare, Aquatak 150 Pro is discontinued since 3 years. But resellers are still selling the inventory, knowing fully well that any warranty claims would be an issue. I learned the hard way.

No availability of any spares in the country. All advice is please buy AQT series.

--------------------------

I have traced the availability of a GUN in UK. Asked a friend to grab it. 70 Pounds. The GUN if available in India would cost me Rs.1500

---------------------------------

The great Indian Jugaad

I checked with many brands for a GUN, and finally ended my search with Kissan Kraft. Yes an Indian venture with a Chinese techno company.

I got the GUN for Rs 1200. Went straight to SP road to a fabricator. Showed him my requirements for a nipple with 12mm thread on one side and 14mm thread on the other. Also a stainless steel fabrication of the attachment adapter end. Rs 1000.

Now I have a gun with a stainless steel adapter end!!

Perfect!! It works just fine and quite rugged.

----------------------

Now twist in the story. I wanted my roto brush back. No way I am paying 3K again. I checked and found Black and Decker roto brush for Rs600!!

Now I am a happy man, Bosch Pressure washer, Custom made Kissan Kraft GUN, and Black and Decker Roto Brush!!

--------------------------------

Moral of the story

Buy a product that can give you at least 1 year warranty, and a support for its serviceable life, at least 5 years.

My Observations

1. I found Bosch to be over rated, and the AQT series are flimsily built

2. Bosch accessories were expensive for the Aquatak Series, but I find for AQT accessories are priced very cheap, and they are equally flimsy. Bosch sells adapter for attaching Karcher accessories - How funny!!

3. Karcher Accessories are expensive.

4. Black and Decker accessories are quite economical, and looks ok

5. Kissan Kraft also has induction motor based products at half the price of German counterparts. Looks sturdy, and a few users vouched by it.

6. Kissan kraft has some regular resellers from where you can atleast go see, feel and decide some jugaad ideas!!

7. If you are in Bangalore make SP road as your friendly neighbourhood - the amount of ideas and skills you get there are enormous.

--------------------------

Sorry for the long story, sometimes life can be challenging after an investment.

Wish I never brought any of these, now that I have to learn how to live with this!!
laluks is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 12:38   #724
BHPian

I have a Hymatic Sprayer - http://hymaticagro.com/HYM-VA-70_Pressure_Washer.htm.

This was bought @ 6-7 years back and does NOT have the plethora of accessories / addons that Bosch and other brands. But it does the job well and has LASTED.
kingshukt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 13:21   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
I got a Aquatek 100 plus that failed with same issues after 2.5 years of sparing use. It failed without any warning. Bosch Service Chennai said the model has been discontinued and cannot be serviced. .
Same here, except mine lasted a year or two longer. Sad to know that they will not service them. I might ask our usual AC mechanic to take a look, although he probably won't want to as he is up to his ears in ACs and fridges.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 14:38   #726
Senior - BHPian

Wow, looks like my Aquatak 100 Plus is an odd man out when it comes to reliability. It is nearly 7 years old now and except for pressure switch going bad(Cost me 1250 bucks), it has not broken down at all. Just yesterday it was used to wash the car, clean the house , total running for more than 2 hours(not continuous) but used for 2 to 3 mins at a stretch before a cool off period of half minute. All the accessories are working fine . I wish it remains this way . Touchwood
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 16:34   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
I have a Hymatic Sprayer - http://hymaticagro.com/HYM-VA-70_Pressure_Washer.htm.

This was bought @ 6-7 years back and does NOT have the plethora of accessories / addons that Bosch and other brands. But it does the job well and has LASTED.
Does this have a pressure regulator? Most of the washing requirements, just a nozzle with adjuster is all is that is needed. IT helps if a foam lance can be attached. What is the price of this unit? What is the power rating?
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 16:40   #728
BHPian

It is more than 6-7 years since the purchase. I have put up the Web-site for reference.

I regret that I cannot add any more data. It has minimalistic attachments and foam lance isn't one of them.

K

P.S: The web-site gives all the data as regards power reqmnt, etc. I suggest that you have a look.

Last edited by kingshukt : 19th January 2015 at 16:43.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 16:47   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Perfect!! It works just fine and quite rugged.

!
Please share a pic of your jugaad work. It might help us too.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 19:33   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
It is more than 6-7 years since the purchase. I have put up the Web-site for reference.

I regret that I cannot add any more data. It has minimalistic attachments and foam lance isn't one of them.

K

P.S: The web-site gives all the data as regards power reqmnt, etc. I suggest that you have a look.
Service with them is a problem.. 2 years ago I'd contacted them for service locations & was told that I need to send the washer to their factory in Ghaziabad for any repairs..

Had backed down after this. Even their user manual does not mention anything regarding standard accessories..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HYM-VA-70 HYMATIC manual.pdf (244.3 KB, 117 views)
wolf_lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 20:18   #731
BHPian

I was at Metro Kanakapura, Bengaluru last week and I saw a new Karcher model, I think it was 6.6 on sale. It had an attachment to hold the gun at the side and another attachment to roll-up the water hose. I forgot to check the price.

I have a Karcher 3.5 and I am very happy with the product. However these additional attachments would have been great.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 22:38   #732
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for not reading through the 40 odd pages and shooting out a query.

Found this on TV, so looked up the naaptol site and kind of find it too good to be true. Knowing the general "telebrands" category, my hunch is this would be third grade Chinese stuff.

http://www.naaptol.com/cleaner-and-s.../12178107.html
Name:  0000001PortableAtomaticcarWasher.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  6.2 KB

Anyone owns this? Any experience?

Last edited by SDP : 24th January 2015 at 22:39.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 23:42   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Sorry for not reading through the 40 odd pages.
Found this on TV-
Attachment 1332145
Bhpian Bowser had bought this (Don't know from Naaptol or other place).
You can have a look here
Car Pressure Washer with Storage Tank1 (Buying & Using a Pressure Washer)

Bhpian Madbullram also bought it from Rediff. (Three consecutive posts here)-
Car Pressure Washer with Storage Tank2 (Buying & Using a Pressure Washer)

Madbullram received low quality product. He had asked for replacement. He has not updated whether he got replacement or not.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 02:15   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Product reached and stopped working in one wash, the quality was so so. The spray broke when i tried using it. Rediff is now trying to replace the product. Do not buy yet. I am not sure if Naptool one is better than this.

I like the product features and usage and if they send a better one it definitely will be an excellent one. I purchased it from Autofurnish seller since they have been in business for sometime. I used the COD option.
Can you elaborate more on what happened exactly? Did you let the motor run on an empty tank by mistake? Have you got a replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry for not reading through the 40 odd pages and shooting out a query.

Found this on TV, so looked up the naaptol site and kind of find it too good to be true. Knowing the general "telebrands" category, my hunch is this would be third grade Chinese stuff.

Attachment 1332145

I was quite happy with the quality of my washer. I got it on Naaptol and found a 10% off coupon so the shipping was free. It's still a bit pricey but it may not be worth it to buy it cheaper from a different site going by Madbullram's experience. He got what looks like the same product for Rs. 1000 less than me but it broke in the first wash itself. I haven't seen it in person so I don't know if it's a cheap ripoff of the Naaptol one or if it's the exact same one.

My washer is still going strong after 4 months and I use it every weekend to wash 2 cars.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 12:39   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser
My washer is still going strong after 4 months and I use it every weekend to wash 2 cars.
What is the maximum time for which this washer can be run continuously without burning?

I am in dilemma whether to buy-
1. B&D 1570 model (Yesterday the price on FK was 8799/-),
2. Resqtech 28 ltr model (Rechargeable) Price-7195,
3. The Naaptol one Price 3999+Shipping 399=4398/-

What are the maximum Times for which these washers can be run continuously without burning?
Warranty for above three?
Is the Pressure of 2 & 3 sufficient for washing body and the mud guards of a car?
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote