Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th January 2015, 18:15   #736
BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Can you elaborate more on what happened exactly? Did you let the motor run on an empty tank by mistake? Have you got a replacement?
1. The nozzle came broken so couldnt use it.

2. I tried washing the car without nozzle, it sprayed water for 4 mins exactly and after that stopped. There was water in the tank.

The overall product felt cheap. So have returned it, and have asked for refund. Rediff shopping till now has been good. They are not flipkart and take time but they did give me reverse pickup and are processing refund.

I thinking of buying either Naptool one (since one tbhpian already vouched for it) or the Resqtech one as their manual washer quality was top notch. I currently use that but the pressure too less to cash a dirty car.
madbullram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 18:46   #737
BHPian

I checked the washer listed on Naaptol. While it does seem very good for its price, isn't 3 metres long cable too short for practical purposes?
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 23:55   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
1. The nozzle came broken so couldnt use it.

2. I tried washing the car without nozzle, it sprayed water for 4 mins exactly and after that stopped. There was water in the tank.

The overall product felt cheap. So have returned it, and have asked for refund. Rediff shopping till now has been good. They are not flipkart and take time but they did give me reverse pickup and are processing refund.

I thinking of buying either Naptool one (since one tbhpian already vouched for it) or the Resqtech one as their manual washer quality was top notch. I currently use that but the pressure too less to cash a dirty car.
I'm guessing because you didn't use the nozzle the motor ran continuously the entire 4 minutes and overheated. When you use the nozzle the motor only runs for a few seconds until pressure builds up in the pipe. Then it stops until you spray water at which point it starts up again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I checked the washer listed on Naaptol. While it does seem very good for its price, isn't 3 metres long cable too short for practical purposes?
It's a tad short but it's not a deal breaker. If it was longer by another metre it will be perfect.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 00:09   #739
BHPian

I have asked my bro to check the resqtech 28 ltrs rechargeable's Pressure, Cleaning quality, continuous run time, etc. He will be checking it on wednesday in person. Also I have told him to check the B&D 1570 model if possible.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 09:39   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I'm guessing because you didn't use the nozzle the motor ran continuously the entire 4 minutes and overheated. When you use the nozzle the motor only runs for a few seconds until pressure builds up in the pipe. Then it stops until you spray water at which point it starts up again.
It's a tad short but it's not a deal breaker. If it was longer by another metre it will be perfect.
Nope, I did not use continuously, the motor was switching on and off. I usually do a section and clean before I move to other, so it wont be more than 1 min max
madbullram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 17:24   #741
BHPian

Finally bought Karcher 3.550 EU from AMAZON... Priced at Rs. 17952/- Amazon Fulfilled.. My final price world be lowers since I used AMAZON GC with 5% off & another 6.6% off from a cashback site pending approval..

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B003...ilpage_o00_s00

Another seller is selling for 17900/- on the site but not amazon fulfilled..

I came to know about recent price increase in Karcher models from a dealer hence decided to get it at a lowest price right now with older prices instead of waiting further for any offers when newer prices come into effect..

Last edited by wolf_lone : 20th February 2015 at 17:25.
wolf_lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 19:33   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Finally bought Karcher 3.550 EU from AMAZON... Priced at Rs. 17952/- Amazon Fulfilled.. My final price world be lowers since I used AMAZON GC with 5% off & another 6.6% off from a cashback site pending approval..

[/IMG]
Did you check Metro? I had purchased the same model for 13k there when prevailing prices in other stores were around the 17k mark.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 21:03   #743
Senior - BHPian

Guys !! I had been to some "BAI" exibition in Chennai and on display saw the Hitachi Pressure washer. The Hitachi AW130 model is able to suck water from a bucket (siphone function) and it costs only aroun 14,000/- . It comes with 2 lances and a foam gun.

This appears to be a good alternative to Karcher K3.550, which is almost double now. Hitachi is japanese and they have their service station in Adayar, which is well connected to every part of the city and suburbs.
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 18:05   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you check Metro? I had purchased the same model for 13k there when prevailing prices in other stores were around the 17k mark.
Not in my city.. Karcher is not available locally.. I'd no option but to source it online..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Guys !! I had been to some "BAI" exibition in Chennai and on display saw the Hitachi Pressure washer. The Hitachi AW130 model is able to suck water from a bucket (siphone function) and it costs only aroun 14,000/- . It comes with 2 lances and a foam gun.

This appears to be a good alternative to Karcher K3.550, which is almost double now. Hitachi is japanese and they have their service station in Adayar, which is well connected to every part of the city and suburbs.

Hitachi Pressure Washers do not have induction motor which was a requirement for me.. These kind of washers are always expensive unless you go for Hymatic (Indian but imported from china I presume) or any other Chinese brand ...
Old 22nd February 2015, 10:05   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Not in my city.. Karcher is not available locally.. I'd no option but to source it online..
As a precaution do not run it continuously for more than a minute or two without a break. Also do not use it on high pressure too much. My 3.550 went kaput with about a total of 50 washes. The pressure head has cracked and it is leaking water and has lost pressure due to this. I have to take it to a service center and couple of times that i reached out to them they did not have the head. Its collecting dust for the past 6 months.
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:16   #746
BHPian

Quote:
As a precaution do not run it continuously for more than a minute or two without a break. Also do not use it on high pressure too much. My 3.550 went kaput with about a total of 50 washes. The pressure head has cracked and it is leaking water and has lost pressure due to this. I have to take it to a service center and couple of times that i reached out to them they did not have the head. Its collecting dust for the past 6 months.

Hmm... Thanks for the tip.. I expected it to be more robust with induction motor & all..

What do you mean by using high pressure much, since as per what I understand you cannot control the pressure on these things.. Its automatically variable..
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:22   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Often there is an adjustable jet, and, in fact, full pressure should not be used on cars
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:41   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm... Thanks for the tip.. I expected it to be more robust with induction motor & all..

What do you mean by using high pressure much, since as per what I understand you cannot control the pressure on these things.. Its automatically variable..
The jet has the control, like Thad mentioned. I used to use it to clean my parking lot and front yard. Bathrooms too. I would typically use it on full force on the yard and tiles. When buying the guy had told me can be used continuously and can clean 100-150 bikes a day. That was his yardstick of measurement. The pressure head is made of plastic and is bound to crack. I called Bangalore for the spare and there they were mentioning that it is "high pressure sir", will leak... I had opened up the unit as it was outside warranty and wanted to try and fix it myself. Tried with plumbers silicon tape, didnt help. Gotta change the head at about 3K.
Old 24th February 2015, 19:32   #749
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
The jet has the control, like Thad mentioned. I used to use it to clean my parking lot and front yard. Bathrooms too. I would typically use it on full force on the yard and tiles. When buying the guy had told me can be used continuously and can clean 100-150 bikes a day. That was his yardstick of measurement. The pressure head is made of plastic and is bound to crack. I called Bangalore for the spare and there they were mentioning that it is "high pressure sir", will leak... I had opened up the unit as it was outside warranty and wanted to try and fix it myself. Tried with plumbers silicon tape, didnt help. Gotta change the head at about 3K.
Will keep it in mind to rest it after few mins of usage & avoid full pressure dirtblaster unless required..

Any other precautions regarding storage.. I've been told to use a coolant in pump if storing for long duration in lieu of pump protector.. Is it necessary..

Any tips there.. Will be looking for following accessories in future..
  1. 10mts extension hose
  2. Foam bottle FJ6
  3. Extension lance (0.5 mts)
  4. Angled lance..
But these are quite expensive in India.. Will try to source from Dubai with the help of my brother.. Any other accessories recommended..

Also what's the best alternative to karcher detergents since they are difficult to source & also expensive..
Old 1st March 2015, 20:34   #750
BHPian

Is this necessary for Karcher 3.55 during storage..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-9-558...item3aa2cf3c7b

What are the proper steps after each usage for storing ??