Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th March 2015, 18:39   #781

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Guys check out this local made brand, called Eastman, It works lovely with 130PSI and attachment for foam comes along. I bought it for 6.5k and is really worth it. I faced a problem with a spare for the washer after one year of purchase and I had it available in 2 days and works like new even today. Its been working well for 2 years now and specially after an OTR in the Mahindra Thar, it really feels like a payback to wash the Thar with this washer.
dilsh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 12:08   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsh3r View Post
Guys check out this local made brand, called Eastman, It works lovely with 130PSI and attachment for foam comes along. I bought it for 6.5k and is really worth it. I faced a problem with a spare for the washer after one year of purchase and I had it available in 2 days and works like new even today. Its been working well for 2 years now and specially after an OTR in the Mahindra Thar, it really feels like a payback to wash the Thar with this washer.
Please post the link as well. I could find http://www.eastmanshop.com from google. But their page seems to have issue in loading the pictures. Does this site offer online buy? There are two models and the cheapest one is around 11k.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 15:09   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Please post the link as well. I could find http://www.eastmanshop.com from google. But their page seems to have issue in loading the pictures. Does this site offer online buy? There are two models and the cheapest one is around 11k.

Thanks for replying, I didn't buy it from the internet instead bought it from a retailer locally but if you contact the company directly they can ship it to you. My washer also said 11.5k on the box but actually costed me 6.5k. I am unable to find a link online but I can post a picture in the evening. Its not the one in the link you sent.
dilsh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 22:38   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quick Question to all Black and Decker pressure washer owners.

I spoke to Black and decker customer care, who gave me the contact number of the local sales team. I enquired about any model, that could suck water from a bucket, as I stay in an apartment and don't have a running water source.

His response was that any pressure washer can draw water from a bucket but there will be a little reduction in pressure. He said that instead of 100 bar we would end up getting around 80 bar, which according to him is more that sufficient for domestic washing of cars and home toilets.

Now - my question is that, is his statement true or was it just a sales tactic. I know I does not matter but I was planning to buy PW1300SPX model.

Please help me with your thoughts. You view will be a critical one in helping me take a decision to buy or not.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-blackdeckerpw1700spx130barhighsdl6569652851f8c45.jpg
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 12:16   #785
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This would be wonderful except that I need 3/4-inch hose connector, and these are half-inch.

You need to get this converter...

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hose-Adapter-...item259460a252

Bought Karcher Foam Lance FJ06 for about Rs. 1100/-..

I found that Karcher accessories are also available on AliExpress as well... Anybody tried them.. Snow Foam Lance (Brass) is available for ~1700/- there..
wolf_lone is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 17:22   #786
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Which car shampoo is recommended for Foam Lance FJ06.. I ordered
Original Formula1 Formula 1 Car Carnauba Wash And Wax Car Shampoo 473ml from eBay

wolf_lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 18:23   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Which car shampoo is recommended for Foam Lance FJ06.. I ordered
Original Formula1 Formula 1 Car Carnauba Wash And Wax Car Shampoo 473ml from eBay

You need a shampoo which is designed to be used with foam gun.

Check out chemical guys range of shampoo available at Petes online store. I am using Mr pink. 2 capfull and fill water in the foam Lance and go blasting.

However a cheaper alternative is meguiars hyper wash shampoo. It is available only in a gallon and is currently out of stock in online website.

You can use the Formula1 wash and wax also. But you might not get a thick foam since it is not designed for Foam Lance. Try using a higher concentration... Say 50ml and see if you get thick foam
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 19:17   #788
BHPian

Hi people

I Have a Black & Decker PW1300C Pressure washer bought a couple of years back. I have a problem i.e. the hose has got a cut and thus there is a loss of pressure. Is there a way to repair the same (DIY) or do I have to buy a replacement hose and If so where can I procure the same.

Last edited by richie4u : 29th March 2015 at 19:25.
richie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 18:16   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsh3r View Post
Thanks for replying, I didn't buy it from the internet instead bought it from a retailer locally but if you contact the company directly they can ship it to you. My washer also said 11.5k on the box but actually costed me 6.5k. I am unable to find a link online but I can post a picture in the evening. Its not the one in the link you sent.
Any news with the contact where we can buy this? A video of the washer would be helpful.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2015, 22:41   #790
BHPian

I bought it online from their website- www.resqtech.in
The website is not working currently.

The company is located in Pune. I bought it for Rs.7195/- Free Home Delivery.

The Pressure is not much as compared to the Washing Centres in our cities. But I am happy that it comes with 28 ltrs storage tank and rechargeable Battery that provides around 1-1.5 hrs of backup. Also the pressure is sufficient for me to wash the body.

You can charge it using 12 V DC adapter as well as 220V AC Adapter both provided with it.

Photos-
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150205_172038.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150205_172133.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150205_173255_1.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150206_102632.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150206_102707_1.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_214029.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_214133.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_214212.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_214350.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_214552.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20150218_215107.jpg
I will upload a video tomorrow if possible.

You can PM me for more details.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 22:00   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
OK i figured out how to use the detergent. you need to pull at the detergent inlet and the hose comes out which is dipped into any container filled with detergent but there is no foam only soap water which comes out of the lance. Is there any special detergent to create the maximum foam?
Hi,

The best way is to buy an attachment for Soap liquid. It cost you ~500rs. You will get it at any of the Bosch dealers. I am using it and it works fine.
I got it from Bangalore, SJP road.

Regards,
raghp74 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 23:22   #792
BHPian

SO the water filter inside my Karcher 3.55 is busted.. Now I need to get a new one but its damn expensive on eBay..

Rs 1349/-..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-water...item35e8fa28b5

BOSCH one is much cheaper at Rs. 528/- shipped. Can it be used instead of Karcher..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Bosc...item3f4a116c0a
Old 7th May 2015, 14:02   #793
BHPian

Quote:
SO the water filter inside my Karcher 3.55 is busted.. Now I need to get a new one but its damn expensive on eBay..

Rs 1349/-..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-water...item35e8fa28b5

BOSCH one is much cheaper at Rs. 528/- shipped. Can it be used instead of Karcher..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Bosc...item3f4a116c0a
I am also planning to go in for the Karcher K3.550
A dealer quoted me 19.5k in Mumbai. How much did you pay for yours?

Also, I had a question about the inlet sources. Can the K3.550 indeed pull water from a stagnant source like a bucket with no issues?
I am planning to purchase it today itself.
Thanks

dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 18:18   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I am also planning to go in for the Karcher K3.550
A dealer quoted me 19.5k in Mumbai. How much did you pay for yours?

Also, I had a question about the inlet sources. Can the K3.550 indeed pull water from a stagnant source like a bucket with no issues?
I am planning to purchase it today itself.
Thanks

I bought it off AMAZON with Amazon Gift card which were bought @ 10% discount from gift big.. & then used a cashbcak website while ordering which gave me another 1k discount..

Final price 15.1k shipped to me with AMAZON fulfilled.. It was listed there for Rs 17952/-.. (Feb 20 2015)

Now prices have increased on AMAZON to Rs 20999/- (Though there is an offer on AMAZON gift card purchase on another site) still it would be expensive..

Cheapest offered right now online is this..

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/karcher...ressure-washer

But I don't know if they would fulfil the order or not.. If you can then try METRO.. They are suppose to have this for cheaper as per many members here..
Old 9th May 2015, 10:55   #795
BHPian

Quote:
I bought it off AMAZON with Amazon Gift card which were bought @ 10% discount from gift big.. & then used a cashbcak website while ordering which gave me another 1k discount..

Final price 15.1k shipped to me with AMAZON fulfilled.. It was listed there for Rs 17952/-.. (Feb 20 2015)

Now prices have increased on AMAZON to Rs 20999/- (Though there is an offer on AMAZON gift card purchase on another site) still it would be expensive..

Cheapest offered right now online is this..

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/karcher...ressure-washer

But I don't know if they would fulfil the order or not.. If you can then try METRO.. They are suppose to have this for cheaper as per many members here..
I don't think we have a Metro store in Mumbai. The only Metro I do know of is a shoe store in Bandra.

I already ordered it for 19.5k with an additional 1800 for the foam lance. It should be reaching my address in a couple hours. I'll test it out as soon as it comes. I'm hoping the extra bucks is well worth it.

I also wanted to ask about the induction motor. The dealer mentioned that the induction motor's longevity would be hurt if I use it to pull water from a stagnant source like a bucket too much. He said using the tap is best and I should stick to it as much as possible. Have you used yours to pull water from a stagnant source like a drum or a bucket or do you always stick to a tap too?

I went for the K3.550 over the K2.110 mainly because of the fact that it can pull water from a bucket. Any clarification on this would be much appreciated!
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote